It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coup underway in Zimbabwe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
a reply to: projectvxn

He is highly intelligent, and remarkably sane. Many people have under-estimated him.

But is he is a very very bad man and the world will be a better place when he is gone.

Unfortunately there is a long line of very bad, not so intelligent and possibly insane people hoping to succeed him.
Makes one think of Saddam or Gadaffi, and it might have been better if they had remained.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

I don't see Mugabe as one to voluntarily go into exile so judging by the words being used if the Head of the military has the backing of his men a coup is on the cards , shame it didn't happen years ago but coups tend to be bloody so either way it isn't good news for the people.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The out of control hyperinflation and economic ruin say otherwise.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I thought SA had sealed off the border with Zimbabwe? How are any refugees going to get into SA?

And why is SA on shaky ground at this point? I thought the economy was faring fairly well?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Interesting observation, and you may well be correct.

The history of the world is replete with stories of these tin pot dictator banana republics. As a younger man, I'd always thought it would be way cool to take over some 3rd world pit of despair as Dictator for Life..........think of the mass quantities of hookers and blow. Every day a party, every afternoon an execution of some political opponent upstart. What more could a person ask for from this life?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Short answers:
1. No the border is not sealed - South Africa remains on good terms with Zimbabwe
2. Our President Jacob Zuma is embroiled in a major scandal. Way too complicated for this thread but in a nutshell, 2 Indian brothers, the Guptas basically own Jacob Zuma and the government. link

State Capture, which in effect is industrial scale corruption, sounds like a conspiracy theory. In the distance are the Gupta family and President Jacob Zuma, somehow managing to conduct a large orchestra of thieves embedded in state entities to help them suck billions of rands out of South Africa. In this article published first on Daily Maverick, Marianne Merten cuts through the dense minutae of some Parliamentary meetings to lay bare the modus operandi. In many instances, cabinet ministers work directly in the interests of the Gupta family, attending meetings and negotiating deals. Minister Mosebenzi Zwane, who credits himself with saving Gupta entity jobs, is a prime example. In others, ministerial advisors piece together deals. And then there is the blatant practice of distributing ‘brown envelopes’ to officials. The Gupta and Zuma families are undoubtedly at the top of the state capture tree, but this is a game that a lot more people have been playing. – Jackie Cameron

link2
edit on 14/11/2017 by deltaalphanovember because: additional link

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Robert Mugabe does not care about the welfare of Zimbabwe. Robert Mugabe cares about the welfare of Robert Mugabe.
He is ranked as the 9th richest African leader. Not bad for the leader of an impoverished nation, eh?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the info........that's interesting!

So wow, you got two ways to get rich! Get a cush Government job in SA and steal your way to wealth and riches, or................find an old but serviceable T-55 tank and a capable gunner and take over Zimbabwe!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I like option 2 - the old fashioned way ...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Me too! far less competition considering how many government thieves are already at work!

If you need more...............we in the US gotta huge surplus of crooked government workers, politicians, etc., but I would warn you to lock up the women and kids if you take some cause they tend to be a bit handsy in an inappropriate way, if you catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Update:

The Army chief who made the statement is now being accused of treason.

Zimbabwe's ruling party has accused the country's army chief of "treasonable conduct" after he warned of a possible military intervention in politics.

General Constantino Chiwenga had challenged President Robert Mugabe after he sacked the vice-president.

Gen Chiwenga said the army was prepared to act to end purges within Mr Mugabe's Zanu-PF party.

The party said the general's comments were "calculated to disturb national peace... [and] incite insurrection".

In a statement, the party said it would never succumb to military threats, and that it "reaffirms the primacy of politics over the gun".

Zimbabwe: Army chief accused of 'treasonable conduct'

Here's a Zimbabwean newspaper's account of it for a bit more context:
Zanu-PF unfazed by Chiwenga . . . Raps him for treasonous statements . . . Reaffirms primacy of politics over gun

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yes, and the UK, France, The Netherlands and Germany are supporting both sides of the coup.
The UK especially has been supporting Mugabe since he got into power. Their aim is to have a civil war in Zimbabwe.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The military took over the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation at 4am. Military Coup 101.
The statement released by the military on was rather interesting. They say they are targeting individuals around Mugabe, not Mugabe himself, and that it is not a coup.
link

Mugabe under 'heavy guard' as situation deteriorates in Zim President Robert Mugabe is under heavy guard after soldiers have cordoned off the parliament building and the defence headquarters as the security situation deteriorates in the southern African country. Two journalists have reportedly been hospitalised after they were allegedly assaulted by the military while covering the unfolding events in the Zimbabwean capital.

edit on 15/11/2017 by deltaalphanovember because: added quote from same link

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
One group of assholes out, another set of assholes fills the seats..unfortunately that is usually how this goes.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
For those following the story, News24 has a minute by minute live update here:
News 24 - Live feed

This is reported:

Verified reports confirm that Mugabe has negotiated for Grace to leave the country while he prepares to step down.

I wonder where she would go? My guess - obviously South Africa. She should come here, so we can finally lock her up for assaulting our citizens. No more bloody "diplomatic immunity". Scumbag family.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

As someone mentioned earlier, my guess is that she would head for Dubai. Maybe get a nice little mansion next to the Guptas. Reserve another one for Jacob.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The newspaper mouthpiece of Mugabe, The Herald, appears to be living in an alternate reality, with little mention of the events unfolding. Hilarious!
The Herald

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Statement by Major Brigadier General Sibusiso B Moyo.

Hopefully they will live up to the words they speak.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Haha! I think that's what The New Age and ANN7 will look like the day we get rid of JZ...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Grace Mugabe has fled to Namibia - Sky News report

Thank goodness. But I have a couple of bucks saying she'll end up in SA eventually. Although a Zimbabwean on Twitter told me she owns property in Malaysia...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join