It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EgyptAir signs LOI for CS300

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
EgyptAir will become the Middle East/Africa launch customer for the CS300. They formally announced that they signed a Letter of Intent for 12 CS300s, with the option for 12 more. According to the official statement, the deal would have happened regardless of the Airbus deal.

The deal isn't finalized, so there's no delivery date yet. The plan is to finalize it by January, but the order brings the order book to 85 aircraft.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

How do you think this will effect boeing.

Obviously the deal was going to go through regardless but now that its under airbuses house its sorta a monopoly that is pushing hard against boeings commercial sector.

I worry about boeing in that regard. Of course they still have lots of stuff to build but this hurts them in my opinion.

Whats yours.
edit on 14-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Boeing has lost touch with the market. They have two aircraft that are even in the same seat market as the CS300. I'm sure they'll be bitching in no time though.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Thats a shame. Boeing is still my favorite of the two.

Any word on whether boeing is looking into a change of leadership for their commercial endeavors and marketing or are they too committed and in too deep with their current lineup.

What went wrong in your opinion with the 737 max. It was a good plane. Boeing doesnt build bad planes so what happened there. Was it just that they couldnt get the buyers to wait until the aircraft were ready and the buyers were wanting aircraft immediately giving the sales to airbus?

Finally what will become of the 797.
edit on 14-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It ran afoul of the 757. Airlines want something to replace the 757 in that market, and Boeing diddled around and finally said, "well we have this 737 that doesn't seat as many or go quite as far, but it's close enough". Airbus offered them something that got a lot closer to what they wanted.

If they wait much longer the 797 will flop harder than the 747-8.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Which is a shame. Im a fan of the 747 line. The 8 would have been a classy holdover for the jumbo market.

797 is middle market. They better get her on line asap or it going to hurt them bad.

Kinda a hail mary to offer up the 300max as a replacement for 757.

Id still rather be in a 737max than the airbus equivalent though.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You can only modify an aircraft so many times before it runs out of market. When you have to redesign the landing gear to make an aircraft taller to allow for rotation on the runway, you've passed that point.

Boeing decided to back the 737, and go as far as they could with it, to the detriment of other programs. There is the very real possibility that the 787 may never reach the break even point. I personally think that's doubtful, but it's definitely out there.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I also think part of Boeing's problem is their ability to design more than one aircraft at a time. They basically admitted that they could only do 1 at a time, so that becomes a pig-in-snake scenario. Because of their personnel/process limitations, when market forces change quicker than they can react, they lose. They were knee deep in the 787 when Airbus went all NEO on them, forcing them to jam the 737Max, instead of redesigning a next-gen single aisle from scratch, with the LEAP.

They may need to adjust their design model to be more like tech companies. I know they can't reach that type of speed of development due to regulations/certification, but the lead time is just too long to react.

I think the A380 will fall to changes in market as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmania

The A380 did better than I expected, but it was never going to be a big seller.

Boeing does tend to go slow as hell at times
They just announced that the 777X engineering drawings are 90% complete. They began work on the design in 2010, and launched it in 2014 or so.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join