It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon announces 'Lord of the Rings' TV show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It looks like Amazon has announced that they are going to produce a television show in the Lord of the Rings universe, taking place before The Fellowship of the Ring. They hope it will become the next Game of Thrones. Amazon recently bought the television rights for The Lord of the Rings books. They are considering doing both a TV show and a spin-off.

The streaming service on Monday announced it is bringing J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy epic to television, with a multiple season commitment. The television series will take place before the 2001 feature film "The Fellowship of the Ring," which kicked off the trilogy directed by Peter Jackson. Amazon said in a release the deal includes potential for spin-off series as well.

CNN

In the statement announcing the news, the company clarifies that the new show will “explore new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring,” with a potential spinoff series also included as part of the deal.

The Verge

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Could work, I always liked the Akalabeth/Silmarillion era myself and would have liked to have seen that, the epic scope of it was very interesting and the characters were great.

edit on 14-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: darkbake

Could work, I always liked the Akalabeth/Silmarillion era myself and would have liked to have seen that, the epic scope of it was very interesting and the characters were great.

Have to agree, and if it's done properly it could be a very good show

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am looking forward to the Elven ears.

To topic. It could be very good, or a total disaster. I guess with Amazon chucking vast sums of cash at it we should hope for the former.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I would rather hang myself than sit through a longer, more boring version of that story.

No thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
no tv show or movie ever did it any justice! the jackson versions are stuninly beautiful but the hacked storyline wrecked it for me! only the books do what Tolkein intended! maybe im just a purest stick in the mud! still my favorite fiction books

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I could see this potentially being Good, depending on how its made...

They probably couldn't afford any of the main cast in the 6 movies, but an entirely new cast with guest stars from the movies would be something

top topics

join