It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning to Humanity: 15,000 scientists say damage irreversible

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Founder of Weather Channel: Climate Change Is A Scam
edit on 17-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I see your point , but we will never get passed that roadblock unless we start putting resource into it.
I mean why havent the world governments started a global space program instead of keeping within their own factions
it makes sense if we can unify going into space then maybe the saying as above so below will work out.

If we embarked on a huge global effort to get into space , then we'd have international co-operation from every UN member state , we'd dedicate scientists to resolving the earth to orbit problem and whilst we have team A working on the colony ship , we have team B working on the earth to orbit problem.

I can see it clear as day , but Im just a little sad that we arent doing this already.

but as with everything that doesnt meet my expectations of humanity , I accept it and move on.

I just see humanity as explorers and pioneers in a universe which so far is ours to play with as no one else is in the sandbox with us. So why the hell are we not out there playing in it.

Instead of shooting each other for trinkets, we could be out there learning

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Funny.... WE were supposed to be under DOMES according to the Ecology stats by now...
ANYONE remember the ECOLOGY,bullsh#t they were pushing along with kill Commies?
Over populatrion...EAT eat or dead.
I want SCIENCE oversight...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I like the idea of exploring space and colonizing but I think that should only be pursued after we have first attempted to globally and cooperatively respond to to the potential within our unadopted knowledge of how to live more harmoniously with the world's ecologies. Others have mentioned it already: Permaculture. Way more resource wise than an endeavor to blast off after pooping in our own bed.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SlickMcFavorite

I understand the importance of resolving our current issues, but maybe humans need this space in order to function
we need to be separated by distance, groups cant sit by each other in such close proximity without ending up at war.
Maybe that is why space is so #ing big, because it knows in order to be able to cope it needs to be this big to accommodate us , the species that needs space

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I see your point , but we will never get passed that roadblock unless we start putting resource into it.
I mean why havent the world governments started a global space program instead of keeping within their own factions
it makes sense if we can unify going into space then maybe the saying as above so below will work out.

If we embarked on a huge global effort to get into space , then we'd have international co-operation from every UN member state , we'd dedicate scientists to resolving the earth to orbit problem and whilst we have team A working on the colony ship , we have team B working on the earth to orbit problem.

I can see it clear as day , but Im just a little sad that we arent doing this already.

but as with everything that doesnt meet my expectations of humanity , I accept it and move on.

I just see humanity as explorers and pioneers in a universe which so far is ours to play with as no one else is in the sandbox with us. So why the hell are we not out there playing in it.

Instead of shooting each other for trinkets, we could be out there learning

You realize, don't you? That when technology progresses to the point where we can colonize the Solar system, it going to open the door for a massive land grab?

Each nation wants their own program so they can claim exclusive ownership over the most valuable asteroids, moons, and solar power harvesting locations.

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

In case you, and others haven't noticed, the entire Earth and in fact the entire solar system is undergoing dramatic changes. The sun itself is also undergoing strange changes, and none of it, not even the changes on Earth, have anything to do with humanity.

I don't think anything the Sun has done lately represents a serious change from its behavior over the last 5 billion years.

But we are starting to understand better the effects of things like solar flares, and how they can affect our planet.

Also the value of our planet's magnetosphere, and our magnetic field. Because that is what has historically isolated us from the stuff the Sun does.

In case you don't realize what the globalist plan is, it will include a Chinese "one child policy" type of draconian measure to "supposedly fight climate change...

It's not to fight climate change. It's to prevent food shortages.

Population growth works just like compounded interest. If you have a billion people today, and they have 4+ kids each, then in one generation you'll have 2 billion people. And then 4 billion, and then 8 billion, and then 16 billion..... etc.

Have you ever heard of the Kings Wheat and Chessboard problem?

en.wikipedia.org...

You have to address these kinds of problems in their early stages. 10 doublings is the same as multiplying by 1000.

Do you think China will be in a position to support a Trillion people ten generations from now? Or a thousand trillion people in 20 generations?

Also, despite the false claims that CO2 "is bad" in fact it is good for plant life on Earth. By capturing CO2 from the atmosphere, it will mean that plants will have less CO2 to feed with which would mean less harvests, and that all plant life on Earth would need more water to sustain themselves. This leaves less water and less food for humans.

That is what is known as a classic "straw man". Nobody has said that CO2 is fundamentally bad. However an excess of it is bad (because an excess of anything, even Oxygen, would be bad.)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

With regards to the worlds population it isn't growing exponentially as some insist. Rather it is averaging something like 1.75% it's still growing but not exponentially.

It's a good point you make though, many people think just having 2 kids is ok without realising that if those 2 kids each have 2 kids as well there will be 4 kids then 8,16,32,64 etc.. It can quickly end up being a huge figure when we are already at 7.5 billion. Luckily that isn't happening in actual population growth.

The earths climate has changed previously without us having anything to do with it, it's also been argued before that so called global warming could be staving off another ice age. The fact is though, wether or not pollution is having any affect or not on the climate, it is having a worrying affect on the environment.

I blame the economic model of constant growth, our own ignorance and greed, and most of all the sociopaths in power who couldn't care less really.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
We don't just 'space' as in 'out of this World- Space', we need space on this World too... we can't live on top of eachother and continue likle that.. something has to give.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Global warming is the only way we can kill keith richards

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
In Global management terms of our environments and in energy and food production, all species of life are in quite the state. Politicians and so-called captains of industry care not for what the future will hold as the various natural changes and man-made impacts become ever more intense. They are only ever concerned about the present and very near future.

Over population is no myth, and the reason why it is no myth is because there are vast areas of our planet that are not suitable for human habitation in the long term. When you think in terms of population, you also have to think in terms of environmental suitability. You cannot just expect anyone to live anywhere. They have to be able to produce food and energy just for basic necessities. Will the environment they find themselves in be able to support that? It has been said many times before, and I will repeat it here...we are currently seeing refugee crises due to war and economics, in the not-too-distant future, we will see refugees wanting to move due to environmental reasons, that is if it hasn't already begun?

Environmental refugees will be met with resistance by other countries, few will want to take them in, just as they don't want to take in war and economic refugees now, citing all manner of reasons. Conflict is inevitable, particularly over fresh water. It has also been said that we are currently extracting and using natural planetary resources faster than what the planet can produce. For all population centres around the globe to have the same or similar lifestyle levels as we have here in the West, we would need the planetary resources of two earths. We don't have it.

Space colonisation is a not a viable option. Think about what it takes to send just a small group of people into space? The resources, the finance, the preparation and training, and the length of time people can actually spend in the space environment. We remain a long way off from realistic space colonisation. Let us not forget that when (if) we do get to a point where we can send people out into space to colonise other planets, it will only be a select few who will go, and there is no guarantee of success. Almost 100% of us living today will die here on this planet.

So we have to face reality. If we want our species (and all the others) to continue to live on this planet, we have to set about with new ideas, new technologies, and above all, the will to make positive changes for as many people and animals as we can, right here, right now. For many people living in non-temperate zones, the future is pretty bleak in environmental terms, and those of us who live in temperate zones now, natural and man-made impacts may effect changes which will require us, too, to make adaptations? We have to look at the issues realistically, not imaginatively.

Right now, we are not prepared to work together. We are too polarised and too selfish. We do not have leaders with the right statesmanship or integrity to initiate the positive changes. If anything, their behaviour represents a throwing of their hands in the air, a turning away from the immense issues we are facing. Their dictum is pretty much 'live for today, for tomorrow we die'.

The changes we need to make affect us ideologically, and until we can sort ideologies out, we don't stand a chance of working together. Like many of you, I can articulate the issues, but not solutions that will actually gain a traction of agreement, let alone solve them.
edit on 19/11/17 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Thanks for your input.

great post and starred.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Actually, Idaho has dozens of laws directed at only people with vaginas. To force giving birth. Mormons control our state government and they want a woman to have lots of children. The church is their safety net. But water is already hard to find on available lands. New housing construction is rare because having to dig so deep for Wells.

They believe babies are people too, like a lot of religious followers do. It has nothing to do with you, like you think it does. Some fundamentalists still think humans lived with dinosaurs. /boggle

You said it yourself, it's about money and/or time. Children are expensive and/or time consuming. It's not only woman think that. Guys do. A wife who's "barefoot and pregnant" is something to flee from, not run to. What guy do you know wants that burden? Wake up, it's not a woman or man thing. It's a system thing.

I'll tell you what a lot of young guys want, since you seem to think otherwise. They want alcohol and drugs, endless sex without the kids, endless gaming, brotherhood, explosions or guns, parties and general mayhem. The wiser ones go to school and stay working, but I think the all at one time wanted the things I mention, before they grew up.
edit on 11/19/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Well, I don't know men like that. My son is 32 and hard worker. My husband of 39 years has never been to church, but good man who worked very hard.

The kind of people you speak of will never care about the planet. They say they care about babies but happy killing the planet where life comes from.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Funny.... WE were supposed to be under DOMES according to the Ecology stats by now...
ANYONE remember the ECOLOGY,bullsh#t they were pushing along with kill Commies?
Over populatrion...EAT eat or dead.
I want SCIENCE oversight...

We are living in a time of great crisis. Go and look at the figures for habitat loss. Go and look at the figures for species loss. Look at the figures for population decline. Wake up this is an ecosystem collapse.

Wake Up

Be the solution

Not the problem.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

You are SO distracted by your fight you aren't fighting the war.
I AM wake up.
MARXISTs are cockroaching here.
edit on 20-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: purplemer

You are SO distracted by your fight you aren't fighting the war.
I AM wake up.
MARXISTs are cockroaching here.

Not fighting a war. I am fighting a peace. I am doing something about it. Nothing to do with marxism. Stop being so brainwashed and use whats between your ears.

Be the problem

Or be the solution

I can see you have made your choice already.. Enjoy your sleep.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Did you look at the figures i requested you too. No that would cause a little too much cognitive dissonance for you.
This is an ecosystem collapse.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Did you look at the figures i requested you too. No that would cause a little too much cognitive dissonance for you.
This is an ecosystem collapse.

People just don't care, unless it is affecting them in the now.

Only when it directly affects us a large scale will people wake up from their slumber and consider change.

It will of course be too late then, in fact it very well maybe already to late, but I'm an optimist and would hope that if we pull our finger out now we may just stand a chance.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This just in: "15000 scientists get extended research funding, and golden-parachute retirement packages".

Believe if you want. A belief is not a truth.
What they say cannot be proven as truth, unless one first believes them.

None of us really knows, so why get all uptight and argue with each-other?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

People just don't care, unless it is affecting them in the now. Only when it directly affects us a large scale will people wake up from their slumber and consider change.

It will of course be too late then, in fact it very well maybe already to late, but I'm an optimist and would hope that if we pull our finger out now we may just stand a chance.

I care and I know a lot of other people that care too. Its not too late. Its up to us to do something about it. Its no good waiting for governments and NGOs to sort it out they are part of the problem.

Get together with like minded people.. Think about what you can do it does not have to be massive but it all helps.
Learn permaculture. Restore habitats. Plant trees. Educate yourself.

Be the solution.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join