It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning to Humanity: 15,000 scientists say damage irreversible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Its a great idea, but heres the real problem with doing that...

It is incredibly difficult to arrange, on a national level, a general strike. To motivate enough people along the same direction of action, to make a difference in this way, is so difficult in fact, that the last time a general strike was called here, was in 1926, where all or most industries had some form of strike action, in support of miners who were being forced to work longer hours for less pay, which, in 1926 was basically like saying "Here, increase your risk of death by hundreds and hundreds of percent, and be able to feed three less of your children".

The fact that there has been no general strike since, can be somewhat attributed to the fact that, following that general strike in 1926, general action of this sort was made illegal for a short time. It is now legal, but there are stipulations that unions have to follow, in order to permit them to strike. For example, the crucial factor in deciding whether any strike action is lawful, is whether or not the strike is held in contemplation or furtherance of a trade dispute, that is, a dispute between the workers, and their employers, and must concern the objects of collective bargaining.

This means, that in effect, one cannot call a strike to protest about the government, unless one is:

a) An employee of the government directly

b) Protesting about the governments treatment of its workers, as opposed to any particular action otherwise, with which the unions membership disagrees, no matter how heinous or dark it is perceived to be. For example, workers may not strike to protest against unjust wars, but may strike to protest unfair pay and conditions for themselves

And with regard to those in the private sector, the issue is similar. One cannot simply strike to try and alter the course of policy in governance, because those things cannot be directly connected to the pay and conditions received by the workers, and also because the company (allegedly) will have no power to motivate government to change its course, even in the event that government were entirely responsible for pay and conditions.

And heres the real burner...

There is no allowance made for strike action against the entire structure of industry and government, and the forces which control it, because the causal links between these are deliberately obfuscated to the point where a court of law could rule the entire effort illegal, and send in riot police.

Getting several unions to work together to affect positive change for their members is incredibly difficult, not only because herding cats is a fools errand, but because keeping the action legal and protected by the law, is a fundamental duty of those organising the strike in the first place, and a strike of the sort you are talking about, just on the national scale, would in all likelihood, be illegal. It would not be immoral, or wrong, but it would break the law.

When you consider how hard it is to arrange a legal strike action on a relatively small scale, then consider how hard it will be for people to risk their jobs and their "liberty", risk arrest and imprisonment, to strike illegally, and then consider trying to get this to happen where arrest is not the worst possible outcome for the worker, you will see how desperately difficult it would be to organise, how bloody unlikely it is that a general, global strike would even happen, leave alone be effective.

Unfortunately tactics involving protest, strikes, or diplomacy will not avail the human race of freedom from the sort of oppression it is experiencing. The propaganda which hides the threat from the people is effective enough, enough of the time, that too few people accept the origins of the threat for what they are, or that there even is one in many cases (right around the Bible belt in America, for example, where people refuse to believe anything that does not fall from the glittering lips of Joel Osteen, or the hallowed, mutated face of Trump). So effective is it, that many people simply do not know they are in any form of peril at all, an still more are totally misguided about where the threat actually comes from.

The enemies of mankind have designed matters, such that one cannot act against them diplomatically, one cannot act against them via union action effectively, and any tactic one could apply in a short enough time frame to do any good at all, would be illegal, and likely violent, bordering on terroristic as currently defined.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Aye its a sad state of affairs,

I work for government and striking for better pay is ultimately what ive been on strike for every time

in my 10+ years as a government employee.

Could both government and private sector strike for changes to the profit before people model!
where both the private sector put profit before people and so to do government.

Anyways its inredibly difficult as you outlined. How sad that the days where mass peaceful protest was nearly enough to gain the peace and harmony we all want.

That we are forced to bloody mindless violence. Why does it always have to come to violence.

I think the way you outlined it is perfect, people are so stuck , they cant afford to strike , its either strike for better ideal world, or allow your family to suffer for "x" length of time , where X is undefined or indefinite.

they have made it this way , made it illegal to strike for a better world .

Im just angry that it always has to come to violence. If that is the only way to fix this , and if it was the only , then when is the threshold going to be met, where we as a people say enough and we just # them up!

I cant see that day in my head

edit on 15-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
No, everyone in the world fits into my county in Texas....30 miles wide

with space to move around even so

You know God has a handle on this creation....right?....wait a short while ,while the indignation passes....Scripture there
edit on 15-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

But it is upto the people whether they go into work or not. Everyone could in theory just stop working for a month. Nothing anyone can do about it except plead with us to make their cash.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Oh good, now I don't have to worry about fixing it, it's unfixable! Best news I've heard all day!

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Aye thats the thing though , how do you get everyone to stop thinking in the materialist , self gratifying , ego desire , family survival mode for just enough time , to affect change.

We wont step beyoned ourselves or our immediate family for the greater good of the one family

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In my lifetime the population has more than doubled. At my birth the world population was around 3.2 billion now it is over 7.6 billion. Even though birth rates are in decline it is still higher than the death rate every day the population increases by more than 30K. If I die of old age the population will probably be around 10 billion.

Families are still having too many kids. I have no idea where the jobs will be when they grow up. If families limited themselves to 1 or 2 kids then the population would start to decline. Hard to say what the world will be like in another 30 years.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Thats the thing though... people cannot afford to loose their jobs, and you can bet that people will, if they simply do a walkout, even if everyone does a walkout, they only have to make examples of a few, to terrify the rest.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I just thought , couldnt we humans do a global kick starter pioneer program
where we raise money to launch colony programmes backed by all the independent space agencies and private space groups

that way its a global effort that may just drag us out of the danger zone.

We could raise the money globally and with characters like Elon Musk and and Rick Zubrins 1970's mars mission idea
we could start new pioneer colonies

the outer space treaty states that space is free for all mankind, no territorial claims no sovereignty

couldnt we start a kickstarter

and basically ask brave humans to step forward, and go where no human has gone before
wouldnt there be billions willing to go !

No joke when i was younger 16 or 17 I wrote a letter to NASA basically gifting them my mind body and soul to be used as a test for the advancement of space exploration. I basically testified to them that Id give my life to further human exploration and send me as the first human to Mars!

they refused

I was gutted

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

This is a great idea, regardless of the political situation on the worlds continents.

However, remember, that kickstarters require money, and the people who most need this sort of thing to work, have none or too little.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Earth is supposed to be getting warmer. My plan is working...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Thats the thing though... people cannot afford to loose their jobs, and you can bet that people will, if they simply do a walkout, even if everyone does a walkout, they only have to make examples of a few, to terrify the rest.

Who could they make examples of though if everyone decides to stop work say on Feb 2nd and just not go in?? CEO's will be in panic as they won't be able to recruit anyone at short notice and those people without jobs would join in the workers anyway so the people would win in the end. It's us who keep the World moving not the ones at the top. Governments wouldn't be able to do anything either.

People would just need to stock up for a month... any emergencies could be sort at the time. Could still watch TV or surf the net aswell as long as you pai for the service.

After the month we could just trade things for free and work for free if we wanted and not pay anyone any taxes! Banks wouldn't be able to send in the bailiffs to 6 billion people so surely we would win. if the corps decided to switch off the electric, gas and hot water... well we'd then see who would win in the end. Those at the top would have to decide what they want... because without us doing all the work, they won't be making any money at all.

edit on CSTWed, 15 Nov 2017 13:38:35 -06000000003001x035x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well Canada and The U.S. should do something then. We're the strongest the world has to offer. Let the strongest live. We make up not even a billion people.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It's not that we're overpopulated, it's just that the Government/EPA has taken control of all resources, made it illegal for us to be self-sustainable, are spraying the air with Chemicals that settle to the soil, thus robbing it of it's nutrients (won't be able to grow a garden one day even if we could), and they have rounded humanity (the majority) and crammed them into geographical prisons called "cities", so that it seems so much more crowded than it really is. The rest of the earth is either barren and could be terraformed, or has been outright purchased for miles and sometimes hundred's of miles around by the Government, so that we can't even walk on their land, let alone build. (See Area 51 as just one example of many). It's barren, but all of that land could be geographically terraformed by the Government to be useful just as Arizona and New Mexico were. So, it's not an over poplulation issue...it's a Government cattle round up and total control of resources situation.
edit on 15-11-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It hadn't occurred to me that sociopaths wouldn't really care about their own children's future either. I must have had the wrong definition of what a sociopath actually is. I had to go look it up to be sure. It seems to me though that wherever there is a problem there is also a solution. The only feasible solution I can see in this case is to declare war on the sociopaths. Once identified and correctly diagnosed they should be locked up in mental health institutions. The cost of keeping them there would be vastly offset by the cost of having them free to do as they please in society.

The trouble with this plan I admit, is most of these buggers are already in power.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

We are jeopardising our future by not reining in our intense but geographically and demographically uneven material consumption and by not perceiving continued rapid population growth as a primary driver behind many ecological and even societal threats

Too bad people are too stupid and selfish to listen to scientists.

A thousand years ago people said the same thing about priest's and the church.
"Trust us, we got this."
Yeah right!

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMistsend your complaints to prince william he too feels like over pop is a major problem yet he working on child number 3. you want to fight over pop cool get cheap birth control de villified in the developing world and stop the religious quarter from telling people to go forth and multiply so they can get more tax free moneys from worshipers and help develop off world colonies then we might help correct problem

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is the number 1 reason why I do not have any plans for a family. Why bring a child into such a grim reality?

And to bring it back to politics, if we want to sustain human life on this planet then we better start making college free and stop putting a higher price tag on education.

But it is ok. Every billionaire wants to see this earth eat itself alive. And here we are. Thanks capitalism.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

Why bring a child into such a grim reality indeed...

But these are lies we are being fed, this reality can be amazing, this reality can be awe inspiring and beautiful. If we could only see how it is, and can be so.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
you should always be worried whenever u see something that talks in absolutes such as the word "irreversible"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join