It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning to Humanity: 15,000 scientists say damage irreversible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This one is very simple. Get rid of American military and let China rule the world with its green tech. You never see American military do anything especially releasing clean tech to pubs.
edit on 14-11-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This is an ecosystem collapse. If we do not sort it we will die. If we want to live we all better start enhancing their surrounding ecosystems.

Permaculture.. Permanent culture.. Learn it and be part of the solution..

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

First world countries are the issue.. USA 5 percent of the worlds population using 20 percent of the resources.. It does not add up..

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We need to enable more efficient use of our resources before we can even touch on the topic of "overpopulation."

Putting the cart before the horse smacks of an agenda. Its a helluva lot more straightforward to address resource use than overpopulation.

One way to minimize impact to the economy is to couple the eradication of planned obsolescence with products that can be continually upgraded without the purchase and production of an entirely new product. Couple that with taking advantage of the faster advancement of open source technology, and economic impact is offset by drastically improved rate of advancement.

Beyond that, it wouldn't take particularly long before the overall economy adjusts to the new paradigm. When that happens, we are left with technology that advances at comparatively unimaginable rates, significantly improved efficacy of the use of resources, and the ability to pool ever more individuals into the progress of the human race.
edit on 14-11-2017 by Serdgiam because: n't!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You made some great and factual points in your previous reply. However I can't help but disagree with your overall premise, which if I'm not mistaken is that TPTB will carry on with the status quo until the earth is uninhabitable. That they don't care because by that time, they will all be dead anyway.

While I agree they a sociopaths, I would even say complete psychopaths, from everything I've studied I believe they do actually care at least a little about the environment. They also care about their offspring and their precious bloodlines. They sincerely believe they are better than the rest of us plebiscites and this is partly why they like to keep the bloodlines pure.

I referenced the Georgia guide stones because on them amongst other things it talks about maintaining the global population at 5 million. I think this is relevant because I think this is the TPTBs plan for the future. We know they think of us plebs as useless eaters. We know they have talked about and practiced eugenics in the past. We know they keep banging on about population being the problem, when there are ample other solutions they choose to ignore.

We know when they instigate pointless wars it is the minions who are sent off to fight and die, and should they refuse, they are handed white feathers, labelled cowards and thrown in jail or executed. We also know they have no problem exploiting/manipulating and displacing millions of people around the world.
Can't we therefore reasonably conclude they don't give a flying rats ass about us?

I suggest they know something is coming, either some big rock from space, or something they will instigate themselves. I'm sure they would prefer not to commit mass genocide but when they weigh it against the greater good(saving the planet) it is not only necessary but justified.

As it is a good percentage of us useless eaters are still needed, at least until robots get up to speed. That's the other thing, they see themselves merging or being augmented by technology and seek immortality in the future by uploading their conscience into a super computer and being part of the so called singularity.They actually have quite a vision of some future utopia, the only problem is, we (the vast majority) aren't in it.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The irony of this is off the chart..

Because wthout scientists,we would never have developed the ways to create the problems we now face.

Extraction/expliotation of all minerals,fabrication of new materials/medicines with all the resulting "side effects"of pollution/climate chaos,species extiction,human illness,poverty and death--all began with a bunch of (in most cases)well meaning scientists who say to themselves:
"Oh imagine how much better this will make the world for everyone!"
with a healthy side dose of:
"Imagine how much money we will make from this latest discovery!"

Then you also have the evil scientists,who usually work for governments,who just work their little socks off in order to create newer more efficient and effective ways to kill other humans,be it through explosive weaponry or the tinkering of chemical/biological agents.

And now they're all getting together to warn us of there own discoveries wiping us all out...well thanks!
The irony hurts my brain.
It really is a case of "that which nourishes us also destroys us."

Anyway,don't mind me-I wish I had been born in the Neolithic,when science was a spear an atlatl and a flint fire lighter.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I agree in theory.

Though we need better leadership to address this more effectively and to make better arguments. People are rejecting the obvious facts and are indignant. No one's even trying to solve this in a practical intelligent way, and those actually trying to do something don't seem to actually have a realistic game-plan.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Why do people always say: “breed like Rabbits”….. I don't see a lot of Rabbits going around. They have sense enough to limit their population

Unfortunately rabbits are dying off due to aforementioned reasons.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Im glad you mentioned the Georgia guidestones because my paranoid side tells me that this is forward planning.
If they keep feeding us stories about overpopulation causing damage and over time getting worse and worse, eventually they'll try telling us that its a good thing to start culling people!

Just a theory but nothing surprises me about TPTB anymore.

Oh, and its 500 million I think, not 5 million.
Even putting a figure down at all is creepy and more than a little chilling.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

500 million sounds more like it, I thought 5 million didn't sound right I should have fact checked that. Also I'm sure if I repeated what I said in my previous post to the average joe on the streets, they would more than likely brush it off as me being paranoid. Comes with the territory I suppose.
But when you consider the worlds population now is something like 7.5billion and according to Wikipedia when the guide stones were first conceived in 1959, the population was 2.9 billion. Well that's still a massive drop to get to 500 million either way.

I don't see them trying to convince us that's it's a good thing to start culling people. At least not so directly anyway. That's far to controversial, but convincing us it's not a good idea to have kids or want them, or even have the means to have them, would be the most likely way to go. That would be the more humane way to go at least..

edit on 14-11-2017 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
look when mother earth is through with us she will just puke us up and thats it for us and mother earth will do be just fine
i believe its as simple as that! or another comet will wipe us out, thats it also. the end bye bye humans

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa
Don't you just love the ignorant people with no academic background in science or anything close to it, telling us these scientists are wrong and that they know different.

These people with a background in science and academia are often worse than the ignorants.

They offer nothing as a solution...are laughed at by corporations and so turn on the powerless and attack them as if they have anything to do with it.

Let us know when academia lets loose and discards the agendas and greed so we can actually get behind them.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Bet this isn't the 1st planet we messed up .

We haven't done anything.

Orders come from outside...and always has.

Get rid of them..or nothing will EVER change.

That is just the way that it is.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

hahah how bad if this is our second

well they say three strikes and we are out !

earth may or may not be the 2nd , but what if its our third

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

there is no need to cull people when you send them into space onto a colony

we just need to get our finger out our collective asses and put some humans into space onto other planets

but it seems far too many people want safe spaces than , a habitat on another planet!

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Irreversible? Why are they wasting their and our time on this then!

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Bunch of paid shills,promoting their supposed importance,scientist's live by a bookof rules,if it doesn't follow agenda,it doesn't exist,bunch of liberal hypocrites,say one thing do opposite

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

You also made some good points in your response to me just there. However, one point I would like to stipulate is the point you made about what sociopaths care about.

Your suggestion that they care for their offspring, for their family line... Its not actually accurate. Its actually fundamentally impossible for someone who can be correctly described as sociopathic, to really care about anyone, or anything other than themselves. They can profess to, they can seem to, but they cannot actually care in the fashion which promotes behaviour which benefits their offspring. In fact, it is far more common to find that sociopathic individuals have only actually had any children, for the purpose of maintaining the appearance of normalcy, the same reason they may marry in the first place. Maintaining their camouflage is one of the fundamentals that successful sociopaths learn early.

They tend to use other peoples understandings of the importance of family as a tool, to make their behaviour seem rational, to normalise themselves in the eye of the beholder. After all, who among us regular folk would not do all we could to secure the futures of our children? Who among the neurotypical masses, would not want to see after the financial security of their offspring, if possible? But of course we would, because we do care about our children, our families, our societies. But the people I am talking about are not wired that way, they USE peoples understandable assumptions about these things to make their justification for their unacceptable behaviours more believable, but they do not harbour real protective instinct about anything. The program is not there, the software is not present, the code is missing.

So the most understandable justifications for their actions, are in fact false, and all that remains is the same awful shell, the same all consuming void which dictates their methodology and their aims, the desire for ever more power, ever more wealth, never less of either thing, so that they can feed the desire to dominate and oppress until they are dead and no longer capable of it.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I wonder what the tipping poitn level is to get everyone to take action like how many humans need to do something "band wagon " before everyone else joins in

surely doing the right thing is a lower threshold than say an evil thing ?

So why havent we already toppled this minority in control , what are they actually holding over us

why havent we organise a global strike ?
can this be done ?
could we hold the 1% to account and say no , not today , we stand united in global strike

Do we need to make a global strike website and get every union on the planet involved ?

edit on 15-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
All it would take to solve some of our population problems is for Nasa and Elon musk , space x , etc and all the other space agencies and private firms to come together and create off world colonies

no matter the risks now , its like the Yukon back in the day
people went there lived and died , failed and prospered.

Why then has our pioneering ability stopped!

If I had the cash id build my own system to take me to mars to start my own colony and claim it for me and the free people of the human species

free from any tyrannical form of government where all life comes before profit .

Surely the amount of resources in space outweighs the negative risks of space exploration.
Surely corporations want a piece of that pie.

Id be building colony ships right now , and putting men on mars and the moon
we literally have nothing to lose and everything to gain

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join