It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning to Humanity: 15,000 scientists say damage irreversible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Release a deadly virus that target all ugly people

who would decide who's ugly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i've seen both sexes just fall over themselves over people that i think are pug ugly.

kim wideassian is just one example,

edit on 14-11-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
All this talk of population control reminds me of a movie we watched recently...

What Happened To Monday

It’s about a future where population has gotten out of control, so to combat it the government only allows 1 child. All siblings are frozen cryogenically to populate the world once the population drops significantly. The main character(s) are septuplets who use 1 identity, and are named for the day of the week that they are allowed to go out in public.

Needless to say, nothing goes as planned.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

funny you mention coffee can , given the current rate of our deforestation and depletion of environment the wild coffee bean will be extinct by 2050 according to botanists

there are some scientists who will for their own ego demands , use this data to fit their own agendas, trying to get research grant money to prove their theory and ultimately them correct!
So they can grab fame in their lifetime.

However there is the fact that we do have an impact , and that impact is not completely understood by our limited experience of earth and its systems, we just simply havent been here long enough to make sense of the data , but what it does show is that we are having an affect.

Surely thats enough to warrant restraint, but logical and sensible restraint and not a money grab because they can milk the stats to show anything and panic everyone into paying

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Ma dug is better looking than she is!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The article the other day said the ozone hole was closing because of global warming. I guess it took another week for everybody to get on the same page

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

thought it was pretty decent actually , nice movie , reminded me a bit of days of men as well!

I think some global measures will need to be taken into consideration in the future, think about it like this, we will ultimately through our own selfish desires cause untold suffering to generations to come.
Why would anyone want others to suffer over their own needs is very egotistical.

It is not wrong for the world to care about the future of humanity even if that means putting a cap on our population or birth rate control ,we should all be allowed to procreate and of course as many times as we like, but when it puts the future of our species in jeopardy , taking one for the whole team isnt that much to ask is it ?
Kids arent that great ! They are a blessing and a curse so for people to be asked to consider the future of the species is more important than whatever little blessing they pop out then I think that is fair.

We are literally full of ourselves
so any measure where we can take control over the explosion of population , the future should be considered carefully
but I still think we should start pumping us out into space now , rather than later.

we need a massive shift in consciousness , or at least a change in the way we see the world.
We have to think long term survival of the species, for food , water, energy.
We cant sustain this massive increase in population and the demands it will place on our planet.

Even going into space we need to change our diets, think about it , we cant take all that beef into space.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

They are LYING!.

Killer asteroids.

Supervolcanos.

The earth is like a timex watch.

It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Destruction then renewal.

The NATURAL order.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Some interesting suggestions from you, but do you realise that if much of that were actually implemted it would ruin much of the worlds economy?
The economic model is based on continued growth regardless of the fact we have finite resources and this is the heart of the issue.

A good example is in the electronics industry where things are designed to fail or otherwise become obsolete deliberately. So that we all keep buying new products. The whole thing is a complete mess, but the economic model demands it.

To put it bluntly we are screwed.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Could it possibly be, that the population is getting to big, to CONTROL? The amount we waste just in the U.S. alone. There is plenty to go around if things were managed the right way. I am sure there are other factors as well but this has to be at least a small piece of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I realise the implications of what I am saying. I simply do not believe that it matters. If the economic model insists that we drain our world of all its value and wind up living on a barren, inhospitable wasteland world, then I say the economic model needs a serious redesign.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They are LYING!.

Killer asteroids.

Supervolcanos.

The earth is like a timex watch.

It takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Destruction then renewal.

The NATURAL order.

How right you are sir!

The key word being "earth" keeps taking a licking and keeps on ticking
but we meat sacks arent as formidable as Gaia are we

one asteroid and we are KAPUT ! one super volcanoe etc
and its goodbye humanity and all of our achievement , folly and egocentrism is for naught
what a waste of time Id say!

if we are not to be snuffed out , we need to keep going outward, its human nature to move and keep moving, we are not sedentary by nature, we have always been a moving people.
We should keep the fire of humanity alive and send us all out on our merry way
generational ships everything lets get us into space and colonise our system

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Brit

its like we are running a scorched earth policy!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Thats how it seems.

Unfortunate, that with all our technological advancements, we have yet to advance socially to the point where these things are self evident in a ubiquitous way.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

how can a small few see what the whole cant ?

It's as if the rest of humanity refuse to arouse from their ego sleep
and take control of their lives and the future of our species.

Surely the majority are good people who just want to live in peace and harmony
then why do the rest of us stand here and take it!

like why ?

why is it always the case the many are held to account by the few
and we are left feeling powerless to do anything

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I wish I could give you more stars.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I agree, but this was brought up back in 1992 wasn't it, and this latest study shows if anything, the problems are getting worse.
It's fine and dandy talking a good talk here on this website but action is what is required. So far TPTB have only continued with the same economic model and plundering of the Earths resources. While at the same time blaming it all on carbon and coming up with the wonderful carbon tax credits as a new way to scam money into their own back pockets.

How can it be they aren't implementing ideas like you and others have put forth? Do they really not care about the future of their own grandkids? Or... do they have another plan? One similar perhaps to what is written on the Georgia guides stones?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why do people always say: “breed like Rabbits”….. I don't see a lot of Rabbits going around. They have sense enough to limit their population

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well there are over 15000000 scientists in the world today. So a fractional minority say this? What about the majority of scientists? They obviously think the opposite.
I don't know about the 15000000 figure (I just made it up) but I' ve got a white coat so it must be true.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Unfortunately, the world is run by sociopaths. That is the understanding I arrived at about these matters many moons ago. We cannot expect reasonable behaviour or suggestions, from people who are by definition unreasonable. We cannot expect logic from people who are by default and irredeemably illogical.

The industries which most damage the world are those whose power is greatest at present. They control the narrative, they own the world beneath our feet, perhaps not from a moral standpoint, but from a financial perspective, from the political perspective, they most certainly do. Think about it. Oil companies, weapons manufacturers, chemical companies, and a plethora of other powerful industries, make major donations on the surface, to certain political blocs. Sometimes its this bloc, sometimes its that bloc, sometimes they will spread their bets and place investment in all sides of a political divide, simply to ensure that the people who gain political power in a region owe them something. They leverage politicians and indeed entire governments presence in power, against the will of the people living in the nations in question, all for one singular purpose... continuing their status.

There is no long game, there is no belief in progress or advancement of the situation of the species at all involved with the distribution of power, or the operations of the financial powerhouses that control the worlds direction, with regard to consumption. You and I know that things cannot carry on as they have been, with rampant waste, unethical practices in mining and manufacture, slave labour in less socially advanced nations, which kills people young and leads to parents wanting more children just to make sure their names survive the machinery which slayed their siblings, and the siblings of their parents...

You and I know that things are not aligned in the right manner, that the priorities of those making the decisions on behalf of this worlds occupants are not adequate to the task of keeping the species alive. The simple fact is that this is not the aim that these financial megastructures were designed for. They were designed, and operate with one prime directive, and that is to maintain their own existence, until nothing remains, to suckle this world dry at any and all costs, to ensure that every single potential benefit is reaped by the few, while the many die, the planet beneath them rots, its soil erodes, its oceans acidify, its air becomes a toxic soup and all that lives upon its surface eventually becomes extinct.

It is not that those in control, in real control of this world do not believe in the dangers associated with a changing climate, or that they are too stupid to understand the effect their greed has on the rest of the world. They do understand these things perfectly well, in the main (although there are, of course, idiots in every social strata). They simply do not care. And why? Because by the time the damage we do to this planet and our own people, really starts to bite hard, and I mean HARD, the people who maintain this status quo will be dead.

Its only when the damage done to this planet by this status quo is so obvious, that no anti-intellectual propaganda can possibly counter it (such as the propaganda which prevails today), when the seas are literally acid and burn those who swim in them, when the fish stop appearing in nets, when lobster no longer come up in pots, when tuna no longer bite the bait, because they have all dissolved or died through rampant mutation from radiation poisoning, when cows chew only dust, because the grass has all died, choked to death by a sky too rotten with pollutants to allow photosynthesis, when these things really start to bite, that is when you will see these people just allow themselves, and their machinery to die off, leaving whomsoever is left of us, the human race, a shattered remnant of what we were, and not even a shadow of what we could have been.

But while there are still pretty views to take in, while there are tricks that can hide the horrific effects of their greed from enough people to make it hard for those who protest to gain traction, and while, in that bubble of invincibility, there is money still to be made and luxury beyond measure to accrue for its very own sake, these individuals will not let go the reigns, will not permit their ilk to become less powerful year on year. They will continue to rape the species and the land on which it walks, for every small resource they can pilfer, because it is in their nature to do so, and for no other reason.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Bet this isn't the 1st planet we messed up .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join