It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Racist to Post Evidence of Crimes Done by Muslim Immigrants?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Anybody can say anything in a YouTube video.There are videos of people saying unicorns are real! Prove it's fake.

Except I didn't post any videos about "unicorns"... I posted videos of events which have occurred and are occurring, yet you seem unable to admit these things are happening... You also seem to imply that all the people who have suffered these attacks are lying... It seems to be the same kind of ignorance from the left when many of you also want to claim for example that what Cubans have said about the Communist dictatorship is not true, and only what the dictatorship says, and what tourists say is the truth... Another form of denying which seems to be common place amongst the left these days...

Same thing for you all wanting to impeach President Trump for wanting to do something about illegal immigration, and you want to claim "Trump is a racist"...

Many in the left are in denial and "ignorance" is your creed.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It can't be racist but it could be sectist!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
i wanted to point this out because it is what a member wanted to claim, and apparently some members of the staff are claiming the same thing.

a reply to: JustMike

You are banging your head against the wall.

Those that keep on spurting this kind of factless nonsense do so because they are racist and thinks it allows them to be so without question.

the same types of people are the ones that argue that the UK is under sharia law because they read it on a US right wing website and argue with the people that live here and tell us we are lying.

Madness I tell you.

Do people really need to be reminded that "Islam is not a race"?...

Islam is a religion, and adherents of Islam are made up of many different races. Not to mention the fact that there are Arabs who are white, with blue eyes, and light hair.

Link

There are Muslims from every race in the world, so when stories are posted showing crimes made by Muslims,including immigrants, it does not make racists of those people posting these stories...

It seems that even this website has acquired the norm made by the Obama administration to ignore and dismiss attacks by Muslim radicals...

If there is no evidence to back up your claims as was the case for the topic from where you took your quote. It's what we call slanderous and is a criminal offence. The definition of slanderous is:
(of a spoken statement) false and malicious.
"slanderous allegations"
synonyms: defamatory, denigratory, disparaging, derogatory, libellous, pejorative, false, untrue, lying, misrepresentative, damaging, injurious, scurrilous, scandalous, poisonous, vicious, opprobrious, malicious, abusive, insulting; More

It's a shame abovetopsecret doesn't implement some kind of IQ test before people are able to join. I realise the number of members will be dramatically cut but I am sure the level of conversation would go up.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

An interesting question and one that I feel I should answer as it way me that made the statement in your OP.

No, of course it is not racist to report crimes commited by immigrants or Muslims.

The thread in question(now temporarily closed) was about a crime commited by an immigrant, the religion was not really a part of the thread.

The reason I made the post was that the crime was distasteful but bizarre to say the least. I felt that the immigration status and/or religion of the person who commited the crime was superfulous to the discussion and was also blown out of proportion with the sole purpose of promoting racial hatred and pushing a political agenda.

The post title claimed that an immigrant raped a pony in front of a child, sounds horric right?

The truth of the matter though is a little different.

You cannot rape a pony. The crime was bestiality, still a pretty sick crime but certainly not one that would be considered by most as likley to incite angr as rape but rape is more sensationalist.

The crime was seen and reported by a childminder who had a child with her, no mention was made of the age of the child or if the child saw the act or even if the child was old enough to comprehend the nature of the offence.

Why is the immigration status of the criminal relavant other than to push a political agenda and create racial tension. As far as we know this is a random act by a single individual not something that many immigrants are doing.

Had the incident been reported correctly it could have said "Man arrested for bestiality after being caught by someone who had a sleeping 6 month old baby in a push chair"

If the headline had said this would it really be worth of disussion on ats? maybe might get a few comments saying it was a sick thing and then a few jokes about it and then nothing.

Using the words rape and child and immigrant gave cause for people to start spouting personal opinions on immigrants and religion, calls for banning all immigrants from America because a man commited bestiality in Germany? Really?

So to reiterate my point.

Reporting crimes by Muslims? Go ahead everyone is open to critisim.

Using a bizare and unusual crime to allow people to make hateful and generalised statments about whole nationalites or religius groups? Nope.

If the criminal had been a Christian would it be acceptable for people to start talking about banning all Christians?

Had he been American would I as a Brit be justivied in saying we should ban all Americans from the UK because of what one American did?

Could I use the thread to bring up every groundless acusation on the web about Americans in general?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

No. It is however bigotry to use instances of Muslims committing a crime to imply all Muslims are the same and should go back to where they came from. If a white person commits a crime, should they go back to which ever European country they've origined from? Should blacks go back to where ever if one of them commits a crime?

Pretty much self explanatory.

That's stereotyping.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
NO, it is not racist to report a crime, youre supposed to do that! It is racist though, if you choose to ignore all other crimes and only focusing on the ones made by muslims...

First of all, I have made many threads about crimes committed by non-Muslims...
Second of all, the problem is not "Muslims", the problem is the wave of Muslims from areas that are radicalized. Not to mention the fact that the majority of Muslim immigrants don't want to integrate, and this is shown by the amount of riots and attacks they have made.

There are Muslims who grew up in western nations and integrated in those societies. These days it is different.

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
You should ask yourself this: "Why do you focus so much on muslims, and not what this is really about, criminal people making crimes" Maybe you are racist? not saying you are, but other people just sees criminals, you see muslim criminals - why is that? think about that!

Have you thought that maybe I don't want to see what is happening in Europe happen in the U.S.?...

Didnt mean to imply that you only made accusations about muslims, i was just answering the question from the OP

I can understand why you are affraid, i agree there is a real problem. All iam saying is, it has nothing to do with immigrants being muslims.

But why is it, that the europeans countries cant police and protect their own countries? I mean, shouldnt it be easy to do something about this problem?

I live in europe, no more than 100 miles from germany, and 100 miles from sweden (I live in Denmark), i know first hand about the problems we have in Europe. There IS problems! The problem is OURSELFS!!! How can i blame other people for problems in my country? If we cant protect ourself and enforce our own rules, WE are the ones that have a problem!

In my country, we kick out straight A students, who really wants to be a part of this country and culture, meanwhile we cant kick out the violent criminal families, who makes trouble everyday for all of us, cause, apparently they make trouble in their own countries too, and they dont want them back, it is against their human rights.. But me? my human rights doesnt count, iam not allowed to live in the small paradise we got here, without fear of violent criminals.

BUT!!
In my house, if my guest doesnt behave, it is my job to do something about it, ultimately kicking the guest out if they cant behave. Cant blame the guest if I allow him to stay. I cant blame them for not following the rules, if i dont enforce them, it is my house, my responsibility!

We got police, we got an army, we know exactly who the troublemakers (both foreign and domestic) are, yet we can do nothing! we are pathetic! And we cant keep blaming others, for us not being able to govern our own country!

Ultimately, we ourself in the west created the problem we have now, with all our wars - we live by the statement "stop the violence, or we will kick youre ass" Did anyone really think that more violence would solve the problems?

We have to stop playing the blamegame, and start looking for solutions instead. We are all trapped on this boat called earth together, so we can either continue to kill each other like we are doing now, or learn to live together in peace ALL OF US!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Wow...some people wan to claim the following has not been happening in England...

This has not been happening. Muslims chasing British cops...

Humm, i guess CNN, your kind of news site, has been lying?

Watch what happens at 7 minutes in the following video. but i guess there are no "Muslim zones" or "no-go zones".

In the first part of the following video a Muslim says to a woman with a Christian cross "you are jealous that we are taking over".

i guess this is not happening...

BTW, again remember that these Muslims are the ones who don't want to integrate, and that's what the majority of the new Muslim immigrants for a few years now are saying and doing, they do not want to integrate to any western society, they want western societies to convert to Islam.

edit on 14-11-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

No. It is however bigotry to use instances of Muslims committing a crime to imply all Muslims are the same and should go back to where they came from. If a white person commits a crime, should they go back to which ever European country they've origined from? Should blacks go back to where ever if one of them commits a crime?

Pretty much self explanatory.

i have stated several times in the past that Muslims that resort to violence should be deported, but that's not what is happening... instead we are being told we should accept the violence, accept that a large majority of the new Muslim refugees don't want to integrate to the western nations they are in, and that pointing out that these same Muslim immigrants want to convert western nations into Islam = racism...or bigotry...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
If the post is talking about an immigrant who did commit a crime and who is Muslim (follows the practice of Islam), no its not Racist. You are posting/reporting a truth.

If you use said post to slander all of the Muslim (practitioners of Islam) Community and lump them into a whole, then you are not being a Racist, as being Muslim is not a race it is a faith, then you are guilty of scapegoating.

Also, in a community, if a large percentage of crime is being committed by a particular group of people (the large group being defined by race, religion, political leanings...etc), you are not being biased, you are reporting facts where the facts say that it is a particular group committing such crimes. In this case you are talking about a specific area and not all areas populated by said factions.

Example: 40% of the foothills in West Virginia are populated by uneducated, inbred, white trash Americans who live on drug trafficking, crime and welfare.

The statement seems biased in many directions, however, if there are facts to back it up the claims, and the facts are irrefutable, it is not a bias. It is a truth. Truth hurts.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

People who call me racist usually get the savage bastard treatment soon after.

Everyone should call them like the see them. OP is right and the counter argument is increasingly lame

As if the potential for racists using something against others is more important than speaking about the facts.

What ever. We go forward.

edit on 11 14 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

a reply to: PistolPete

Wow...some people wan to claim the following has not been happening in England...

This has not been happening. Muslims chasing British cops...

Humm, i guess CNN, your kind of news site, has been lying?

Watch what happens at 7 minutes in the following video. but i guess there are no "Muslim zones" or "no-go zones".

In the first part of the following video a Muslim says to a woman with a Christian cross "you are jealous that we are taking over".

i guess this is not happening...

BTW, again remember that these Muslims are the ones who don't want to integrate, and that's what the majority of the new Muslim immigrants for a few years now are saying and doing, they do not want to integrate to any western society, they want western societies to convert to Islam.

You do know who Britain First is right? I am going to make an assumption that you are American when you refer to these 'No go' areas. I realise that your afraid, my friend - and that's okay, the world can seem like a scary place when we discover its larger than the town we grew up in. But hey, why not come over here and find out whether these videos are true for yourself?
edit on 14-11-2017 by Elvis_Is_Dead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
In regards to CNN, its widely known that they are misinformed to put it mildly:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

The only apologists in Europe who actually pose a threat to the way of life of decent people, are the far right, fascist apologists that you would probably have no problem sharing a drink with.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well the videos speak for themselves; why don't you debunk them.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well the videos speak for themselves; why don't you debunk them.

The videos debunk themselves when put in context. First of all, you need to understand who Britain First is, which is a bigoted far right hate group (Think Neo-Nazis just with a prettier name) and then take the final video for example and understand that this is a clash between muslims and Britain First members.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Depends entirely on context. The vast majority of crimes in the US and Europe are committed by people who are at least culturally Christian yet there religion is rarely if ever mentioned.

Not sure why you choose that post to quote since it is accurate.

Happy to use the term bigot if you prefer, however I am confident that the roots of many anti Muslim posts are based on good old fashioned racism rather than any well thought out criticism of religion.

Curious if being critical of islam is rooted in Racism in your opinion, does the same apply to being critical of other religions? or do you just assume anyone critical of a brown person is racist?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Elvis_Is_Dead

Oh, so Muslims aren't enacting Sharia law on their own people in Britain?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It is not a racist act in itself.

But it becomes a racist act when it's done without context and with a political agenda.

Yes, Muslim immigrants commit crimes, but so too does everybody else. And when posts are made on ATS about Muslim immigrants committing crime it's done in the context of stirring up hatred against Muslims whilst absolutely ignoring the statistics. It's done by groups like Britain First, a known fascist racist organisation.

So it's one of those things that can be both not racist, and also extremely racist, at the same time.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

'Sharia courts in UK face Government inquiry over treatment of women
Home Office to examine claims sharia courts – or councils – may be working in a ‘discriminatory and unacceptable way’

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Elvis_Is_Dead

Oh, so Muslims aren't enacting Sharia law on their own people in Britain?

Do some Muslims chose to regulate dealings between themselves via the tenets of sharia law? Yes.

Is this done under a legally binding framework? No.

The state cannot stop people making agreements between themselves under whatever terms they wish. The State does however make a point of stating that these agreements are not recognised as being legally binding in a court of law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join