It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Alabama Mall Banned Roy Moore in the ’80s for Pursuing Teens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
LOL,I'm sure that a mall from 30 years ago,would still be around,much less have any pertinant information,unless documented by police reports,which have never entered the facts,sad liberals another filthy trick

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Stop defending this dude, there must be other arch conservatives to represent you who are not some creepy hypocritical manpig..

edit on 15-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
LOL,I'm sure that a mall from 30 years ago,would still be around,much less have any pertinant information,unless documented by police reports,which have never entered the facts,sad liberals another filthy trick

And when the police reports are made public will you finally abandon this pedophile, or will you continue to defend his "First Amendment Rights?"

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

One time, no, I would have handled it like you did. I also wouldn't expect the man's entire life to be judged and condemned based on that one episode. I wouldn't have been opposed to him returning after he calmed down.

Many times, a pattern of behavior, as in how Moore is being portrayed? Yes, I would have called the police, had a report filled out, and asked for a restraining order. I wouldn't want him coming back.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

And when the police reports are made public will you finally abandon this pedophile, or will you continue to defend his "First Amendment Rights?"

Make them public (assuming they're not a backdated trick) and this whole issue will go away. Moore will lose the race. Done.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

If you would tune into a tv station other than propaganda fox news, you could see the interviews with the mall security officer from that time. He verified Moore was on a watch list, and he would be notified if anybody reported he was in the mall. When he asked why Moore was on the list, he was told "he's been bothering teenage girls". Didn't say how he was "bothering" them, only that he was. Unless you think he was trying to steal their lipstick.

You've hitched your wagon to the wrong star.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Exactly. In fact, you should have led with the police reports not gloria alred.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
LMAO.. All of this ammo, and he still rose to the highest level in the State of ALABAMA without these revelations brought forth earlier ?

At some point... common sense has to kick in...

A) It's Alabama, waiting on "common sense" to kick in is risky.
B) Judgeships are less relevant to the average citizen than Senator and usually appointments for life, albeit Roy Moore managed to get booted from those appointments twice.

Good to see you defending a child molester though.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Moore may not have received an official ban

So the headline is admittedly fake... he was never banned from a mall in Gadsden. Fake news. I guess WaPo bought out the Daily Beast.

TheRedneck

Nope. He was banned.

a local mall here, in a music store between 1981 and 1985. He says that when he was hired he was told that the mall had a list of people banned from the mall. If he saw any of those people on the unoffical list, he was to report it. People on that list included pickpockets and other kinds of criminals, and also included a certain assistant district attorney.”

“We talked about other people,” said Greg Legat, the former mall employee, “and then somebody said, ‘Don’t forget about Roy Moore.’ And I asked, ‘What about Roy Moore?’ and uh, they said, ‘Well he’s banned from the mall.'”

“I said why is he banned,” he continued, “and the police officer wouldn’t tell me, he said, ‘If you see him, let me know I’ll take care of him.'”

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 15-11-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

So who is lying?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So who is lying?

TheRedneck

Apparently you? What was your source for calling it fake news? I searched the thread but could not find it?
Do you have links or evidence that he wasn't banned from the Mall? On the other hand I have seen and provided articles and Video interview with a former Mall employee?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

AL.COM

Wendy Miller told The Post that she was 14 and working as Santa's helper at the Gadsden Mall in 1977 when Moore first spoke with her and told her she looked pretty. Two years later, when she was 16, he asked her out on dates, although her mother wouldn't let her go.

Usry, who was a teenager at the time, remembers seeing Moore at the mall often.

"He would go and flirt with all the young girls," he said. "It'd seem like every Friday or Saturday night (you'd see him) walking around the mall, like the kids did."

Jason Nelms, who now lives in Tennessee but grew up in nearby Southside, was a regular at the mall when he was a teenager.

He recalled being told by a mall employee that they kept watch for an older guy who was known to pick up younger girls.

Nelms said he was told later by a concession worker at the mall that it was Roy Moore.

www.al.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

'Common knowledge'

Five other current and former Etowah County residents also spoke to AL.com with similar accounts.

"Him liking and dating young girls was never a secret in Gadsden when we were all in high school," said Sheryl Porter. "In our neighborhoods up by Noccalula Falls we heard it all the time. Even people at the courthouse know it was a well-known secret.

"It's just sad how these girls (who accused Moore) are getting hammered and called liars, especially Leigh (Corfman)."

Also AL.COM

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Another former waitress, Victoria Beverstock, told AL.com today that she was 20 years old and working at The Poor House restaurant in 1992 when Moore came in a few times a week to eat and do paperwork.

She said he made her and the other waitresses uncomfortable by staring at them and flirting.

"He watched us girls quite openly," said Beverstock. "His eyes crawled over our shirts and our backsides. He was so open about it that I would try and handle his order as quickly as possible.

"When you didn't smile and flirt back with him, give him an opening, he became rude and demanding," she said.

Teresa Jones, who said she worked at the Etowah County District Attorney's Office with Moore, took to Twitter on Friday to say it was "common knowledge" that he pursued teenage girls.

"As a Deputy DA in Gadsden when Roy Moore was there, it was common knowledge about Roy's propensity for teenage girls," she tweeted. "I'm appalled that these women are being skewered for the truth."

She later told CNN that Moore often went to local high school events and other hangouts: "It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird...We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall."

Tony Hathcock is a photographer in Gadsden who told CBS News that he's known Corfman well for five years and believes her. They are both very conservative Republican voters, he said, and both voted for Trump. He said she had nothing to gain from speaking out, but felt safe speaking out now because her children are now adults.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Make them public (assuming they're not a backdated trick) and this whole issue will go away. Moore will lose the race. Done.

TheRedneck

You have already decided that they are a backdated fraud, just as the autographed year book is a forgery, right?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

What was your source for calling it fake news?

The original source. I quoted it in my first post in this thread.

You apparently didn't look very hard.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You have already decided that they are a backdated fraud, just as the autographed year book is a forgery, right?

I know that it is possible to forge a police report, especially in the court of public opinion. Do you dispute that?

As for the yearbook, new information from Moore's attorney:

Remember how he had the letters "DA" after his name? At the time, Moore was not a District Attorney, he was an Assistant District Attorney. So was he lying?

No, "DA" was the initials of his assistant who regularly signed documents for him in the DAs office. He has copies of documents from that time period where this happened. That means if the yearbook is not a forgery, his assistant was present and signed his name. Oh, really?

Someone got one of those documents and copied his signature, including the "DA," thinking it was his position. Whoever did that needs to be in prison.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Remember how he had the letters "DA" after his name? At the time, Moore was not a District Attorney, he was an Assistant District Attorney. So was he lying?

No, "DA" was the initials of his assistant who regularly signed documents for him in the DAs office. He has copies of documents from that time period where this happened. That means if the yearbook is not a forgery, his assistant was present and signed his name. Oh, really?

Nope.

The Yearbook Signature and his current signature.
It wasn't some assistant who signed it.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Oh, and apparently this conspiracy to derail Roy Moore from his recent senate bid began 13 years ago?

Nelson told her mother about four years ago, and she told her husband before they got married 13 years ago

www.al.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It wasn't some assistant who signed it.

So you're saying that in 1977, Roy Moore signed a yearbook for a girl and put his assistant's initials next to his name.

Right.... the yearbook forgery is a duplicate of his signature on the divorce papers of his accuser, which were signed by his assistant.

Incidentally, again, the hand position and movements on the two signatures you have shown are different. They were not made by the same person.

TheRedneck

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join