It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Alabama Mall Banned Roy Moore in the ’80s for Pursuing Teens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The genisis of the fake headline appears to have been from a quote from a male nurse who in 77' claims to have heard rumors about Moore and the mall in AL.com story earlier today.

Now I do wonder about anyone's veracity in commenting on anything impacting Moores reputation if they happen to live an alternative lifestyle - those in/out of state think Roy is the devil and sorry to say but I think given chance most would impugn him even falsely. Sorry guys but that's just an opinion that I'm sure given time to check various social media of individual claiments can be easily confirmed/denied.

Until various people giving media interviews are vetted I'm not willing take their or media's word on faith.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

What the heck? You think all male nurses are gay?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: TheRedneck

Until various people giving media interviews are vetted I'm not willing take their or media's word on faith.

Satan has higher standards than liberal news media this year.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Regnor

No

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

You must get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions like that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
a reply to: Phoenix

What the heck? You think all male nurses are gay?

If they save lives..at the hospital, on the battlefield, or in the middle of the street, that's all that matters.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Try to clarify a bit as there's no good way to broach subject of Moores most public/civilian ardent detractors which is gay lobby and supporters followed by those of democrat persuasion.

Being that opposition is almost beyond normal political bounds in vehemacy it is prudent to actually verify ones bonifides if quoted in media reports regarding Roy Moore.

So no I will not take media quotes of individuals providing detrimental commentary at face value nor on faith without first checking for agendas.

This opinion has everything to do with Moores opposition and nothing to do with opinion on lifestyle.

No easy PC way put it, so there ya go.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
yeah but that was in the 80`s, 30 years ago he`s "probably" much less of a pervert and sociopath now than he was back then,because people like that just naturally cure themselves over time, right? they become less sociopathic and perverted?
edit on 14-11-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
How do you ban someone from a mall? I'm not sure i ever heard of that... maybe banned from 500 feet from a school, but a mall...lol

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Spreading unfounded B.S. with no proof just like they want you to.
a reply to: links234

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
How do you ban someone from a mall? I'm not sure i ever heard of that... maybe banned from 500 feet from a school, but a mall...lol

malls in the 70`s and 80`s were a lot smaller than they are now and they had private security, but now malls are free for alls.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
Spreading unfounded B.S. with no proof just like they want you to.
a reply to: links234

all politicians are immoral and corruput if you don`t know that by now than you are one of those people who keep re-electing the same immoral and corrupt people,there`s no hope for you.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

malls in the 70`s and 80`s were a lot smaller than they are now and they had private security, but now malls are free for alls.

Three years ago, I was on the upper level of a mall in Chicago. About 40 young people (boys and girls) started fighting each other on the ground level. I just stood there, looking over the railing at people knocking each other out for no reason. It was the craziest thing to witness.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I think Only a legally binding order, can ban a specific person from a shopping mall.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! Banned from a lil' ol' shopping mall in Alabama back in the 80s. Over 30 years ago, and now this comes out as if it's fresh news?

I'm with the other poster....all these allegations of nearly every single male being a pervert, a pig, a molester, or a rapist, means it's all red herrings. That's all anybody is talking about, which makes me think that there is something they're REALLY trying to distract us from. Nothing like sex to distract the American people from something that could really affect their lives......like a major war or a major drop in the stock market that'll make 1929 look like an economic blip in time.

But keep being shocked from back in the days when older men were chasing young girls and it was somewhat accepted. Not appreciated, per se, because I was young then too....but it was awfully common. Besides that, I'm not even sure this is true. It sounds hokey, like gossip that's so old it has to be spiced up to be interesting.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Moore may not have received an official ban

So the headline is admittedly fake... he was never banned from a mall in Gadsden. Fake news. I guess WaPo bought out the Daily Beast.

TheRedneck

What's an "official ban" from a mall? A restraining order or something? A certificate of creeper-ness?

edit on 14-11-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yes isn't it funny he has been in politics for a long time,no one had any problems before,sounds like a story from a scumbag liberal

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't trust CBS, but a former prosecutor is allowing their name to make the rounds...

A former prosecutor who once worked alongside embattled Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore in the early 1980s told CNN it was "common knowledge" at the time that Moore dated high school girls.

"It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird," former deputy district attorney Teresa Jones told CNN in comments aired Saturday. "We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall ... but you really wouldn't say anything to someone like that."

CBS News has reached out to Jones for comment.

Jones, now a partner at the Syprett, Meshad, Resnick, Lieb, Dumbaugh, Jones, Krotec & Westheimer, P.A. law firm based in Sarasota, Florida, served as deputy district attorney for Etowah County, Alabama from 1982 to 1985, according to her firm's website. Moore worked as a deputy district attorney in that office from 1977 to 1982. Before joining the DA's office, Jones was the assistant city attorney for the city of Gadsden, Alabama, the county seat of Etowah County.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Source

Roy Moore, the Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Alabama, was banned from a mall in the early 1980s after he repeatedly attempted to pick up teenage girls, former mall employees and local police told The New Yorker. Other locals also told AL.com that Moore was known for prowling the mall. Moore, whom five women have accused of making advances on them or molesting them when they were teenagers, allegedly had a reputation for hanging around the Gadsden Mall, in Gadsden, Alabama, in pursuit of high school-age girls.

Seems the locals and neighbors of Roy Moore weren't big fans of his and were well aware of his antics during the mid-80's.

And this is why Moore will never sue for libel. He is afraid there might be surveillance tapes.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Not only that, many townspeople in Gadsden are saying it was 'common knowledge". If you were young and attractive, you simply didn't put yourself in a situation where you, or your daughter, would be alone with him. From what I can gather, people are still supporting him in hopes of getting rid of Roe v. Wade, but it would be a throw-away-vote.

Congress will expel him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join