It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review ....GeoStorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Dissappointing! Good cast, and some great CGI but with out a decent story and characters that you can identify with, it's just another bad movie and a waste of time. first time director and it was so obvious with the over done, heavy handed sound track and corny dialog, with the A listers just going thru the motions and not even trying to convince the audience. Don't bother...

edit on 13-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hadn't heard of.

A big budget disaster film...

They're generally mostly about the disasters, the whole point of seeing them that is lol. So along those lines it does look to have potential...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

When I saw the previews for this movie I thought it looked like one of sci fi channels tv movies.

Sharknado anyone?

Definitely waiting for red box.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I dunno, has Gerard Butler in it, he's always a good sign.

Haha classic though, all the rhetoric about turning Afghanistan into a glass parking lot.. no one ever though to make it an icicle factory !

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The way I understand it, a good movie doesn't translate to Chinese any better than a bad movie.
They will make bank overseas just because of the special effects.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The way I understand it, a good movie doesn't translate to Chinese any better than a bad movie.
They will make bank overseas just because of the special effects.

True!

They don't even care about boxoffice anymore. I work on a lot of films made for DVD, cable, the foreign market, netflix and other platforms.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
i have been skipping over this one because I thought it was lame.

Worth checking out for the CGI alone.

I love space cgi.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I didn't hear of this movie up until now, but I've already banned Hollywood on the unconscious level for the reason you've mentioned... Just a bunch of CGI with no story and no character progress.

Trailer looks cool though.
edit on 14-11-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Watching it now.

What a wet dream for scientists & big tech to get the funds to build all that stuff. An ends within itself. Climate the perfect excuse to build such an omnipresent etc system, which inherently would have their Skynet's Google+NASA+DARPA (amongst many others with and without them) are hellbent on building.

Oh, that's right, they have been longing for it. And so has the DOD.

NASA first had public infos about their plans back in 2005-2006 they called the "Intelligent Archives". I started writing about it and then added extensive quotes from their papers in my "DARPA iXo AI Control Grid" piece:

Shortly after I released that (Feb. 2007) they deleted all the NASA pages, and DARPA dissolved their "iXo Office" into their other 6 main "thrust" "Offices". But they are encoded into the "Language of Television" nonetheless thanks to yours truly, so nice try suckers.

Then NASA later (2010) repackaged it as the "Planetary Skin Institute" coupled with their slick AI run global government ambitions:

And the DOD weather wars papers arent too hard to find on the Google. My DARPA iXo threads have all the links to all the NASA/DARPA/DOD PDF files I pulled all those quotes from.

And now, from the looks of it, Hollywood has made a disaster film about it called "Geostorm". LOL

Good night.

edit on 20-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

meh at best.

maybe after they get rid of some of the pedo and sexual harassers in Hollywood they get some fresh talent and start making some good original movies with some plot versus just cgi effects.

then again its very likely pedo and harassment has been part of Hollywood since its inception.

it looks like hollywood has gone to caculated with cookie cutter scripts and political bs, which has taken some of the movie magic away, atleast for me i guess.

top topics

join