It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions directs prosecutors to 'evaluate certain issues' involving Uranium One and Clinton...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sessio ns directs prosecutors to 'evaluate certain issues' involving Uranium One and Clinton, leaves door open on special counsel

EXCLUSIVE – Attorney General Jeff Sessions directed senior federal prosecutors to evaluate “certain issues” requested by congressional Republicans, involving the sale of Uranium One and alleged unlawful dealings related to the Clinton Foundation, leaving the door open for an appointment of another special counsel.

In a letter first obtained by Fox News, the Justice Department responded to July 27 and September 26 requests from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., and other committee members, who called for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the matters in question.

The letter comes on the eve of Sessions’ testimony before the same committee, scheduled for Tuesday.

Click link for full article...

About time... Although a special counsel in some of these issues is not needed. They could move right to indictment and prosecution. This action was in relation to members of Congress sending the DOJ referrals for investigations into the matters.

edit on 13-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sealed indictments forthcoming !!

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Seeing the C*#t in an orange jumpsuit is a picture that I hope very much to see.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Sessio ns directs prosecutors to 'evaluate certain issues' involving Uranium One and Clinton, leaves door open on special counsel

EXCLUSIVE – Attorney General Jeff Sessions directed senior federal prosecutors to evaluate “certain issues” requested by congressional Republicans, involving the sale of Uranium One and alleged unlawful dealings related to the Clinton Foundation, leaving the door open for an appointment of another special counsel.

In a letter first obtained by Fox News, the Justice Department responded to July 27 and September 26 requests from House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., and other committee members, who called for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the matters in question.

The letter comes on the eve of Sessions’ testimony before the same committee, scheduled for Tuesday.

About time... Although a special counsel in some of these issues is not needed. They could move right to indictment and prosecution. This action was in relation to members of Congress sending the DOJ referrals for investigations into the matters.

And the special issues are?

By the looks of the video, even the anchor and chatters look and sound Ho Hum.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I guess it all boils down to how narrow or broad the scope of the investigation is ...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Xcathdra

And the special issues are?

By the looks of the video, even the anchor and chatters look and sound Ho Hum.

It's like investigating Russian Collusion began. Start small. But unlike the Russia witch-hunt, there will be EVIDENCE to trigger an expansion of this probe.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A step in the right direction.

But still skeptical it will do anything.

Let's see he what he says about it tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah why investigate REAL Russian collusion with STATE employees.

I'd love to see the CF assets seized.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
ETA:

edit on 13-11-2017 by neo96 because: I hate seeing wasted thread space .

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Investigate U1?

Why the hell not?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Two additional Congressmen say that Sessions' sticking his toe in the water is not good enough..

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions should either quit his post or “do his job” by appointing a special counsel to investigate Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party's involvement in the infamous Trump-Russia dossier, two Republican Congress members said Monday.

Representatives Jim Jordan of Ohio and Matt Gaetz of Florida laid out the challenge to Sessions in a Fox News op-ed.

The Congressmen said there are several disputed Democratic scandals—James Comey's handling of the probe into Clinton's emails, Bill Clinton's private meeting with former Attorney General Loretta Lynch during the investigation, and the Democratic funding for Fusion GPS's Trump dossier—that still need to be checked out.

Source: www.newsweek.com...

When Jeff Sessions testifies on Capital Hill tomorrow, I hope he is questioned more about this. Otherwise it will be the same dumb questions he received in his 2 prior Q&A sessions this year. (Comedian Al Franken's voice and entrapment attempts are so annoying!)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's like investigating Russian Collusion began. Start small. But unlike the Russia witch-hunt, there will be EVIDENCE to trigger an expansion of this probe.

So, you are getting into comedy now then...the Russian collusion grew from small acorns...bawahahabawhhaha, FFS, Those guys in the White house were like an extension of the Three Stooges.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's my problem too.

For the life of me, why isn't there already a special prosecutor? What are they protecting????

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Just in th time to try and deflect from Jr. Come on people get your heads out of the sand.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

That's my problem too.

For the life of me, why isn't there already a special prosecutor? What are they protecting????

President Trump made a mistake when he asked Jeff Sessions to be the Attorney General. Sessions is good at going after illegals, gangs, and drugs. But going after his long-time "swamp buddies" is not something he's willing to do, without a lot of pressure from the President, or Congress.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Seeing the C*#t in an orange jumpsuit is a picture that I hope very much to see.

Ummm...pantsuit...that's orange...pantsuit...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Not if she ends up where she deserve to be it won't.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Spin-off article....

Sessions considering second special counsel to investigate Republican concerns, letter shows

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is entertaining the idea of appointing a second special counsel to investigate a host of Republican concerns — including alleged wrongdoing by the Clinton Foundation and the controversial sale of a uranium company to Russia — and has directed senior federal prosecutors to explore at least some of the matters and report back to him and his top deputy, according to a letter obtained by The Washington Post.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well at least there goes the "it's fake news" excuse
the CTR and Media Matters crowd has been peddling.

Looking more and more Trump and Co were laying
the proper groundwork.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I think that question (or rather, whatever is its answer), is huge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join