It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on a 4 planes formation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello,

I just checked a video posted by U.S Navy of a formation of 3 aircraft carrier.Impressing to see those giant move. During the video, you can see some airplaines flying around. Around the 3:35 marks, we can see byssing by a formation of 4 aircrafts, 2 pairs. During a moment, you kind of lose them in the sea. So I was just wondering if it was sun reflexion, lightplay, camotech or anything else? anyhow, it looks like their are just invisible for a moment.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LeChef

Aircraft are often extremely hard to keep track of with any kind of distance. Those were F-18s, with two of the three B-1s that came out of Guam to exercise with the carriers. It's just a trick of the camera, although it looks cool as hell.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LeChef

The video looks like a photo op to me. If they were in a operational area I doubt the carrier groups would be anywhere close to each other. To many juicy targets in one place. I am not sure what the grey planes are.
edit on 11/13/2017 by rhodesj2314 because: Fixed spelling error

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rhodesj2314

It's a three carrier exercise near Korea. They're also training with bombers from Guam. It's the first time in many years they've had three together, so they spent part of a day doing photographs.

The smaller aircraft are F-18s from the carriers. The larger, dark aircraft are B-1Bs forward deployed from the US to Guam. There as a third one that wasn't filmed.

The carriers are Nimitz, Reagan, and I think Roosevelt. Nimitz is returning to the West Coast. She'll make a stop in Hawaii for a few days, then do a Tiger Cruise home. Reagan is forward deployed with Seventh Fleet in Japan. Roosevelt is on her way to the Gulf.
edit on 11/13/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Video was taken from an SH-60. Also a couple shots of some in the air. Coolest aircraft the world has ever seen! And yes, I'm bias since I spent a good amount of time fixing and flying in the pigs

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Its the mix in the paint I think.It sort of shimmers being a satin finish with the Naval Grey on the F18,s.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

The Air Force went to the dark grey because it's really hard to see over about 4 or 5 miles, even on larger aircraft. On fighters, there are times I'm lucky to find them within 2-3 miles.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Baby flat top in some of the images is the Japanese helicopter-destroyer Ise.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: rhodesj2314

... Nimitz is returning to the West Coast. She'll make a stop in Hawaii for a few days, then do a Tiger Cruise home...

Fun! If anyone of you know someone who gets the chance, or you get one yourself: DO IT!!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nice. thanks for the info. cool as hell indeed.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
As a sidenote, being in formation like that is fun. Looks really cool from the fantail.

top topics

join