It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends and Football [TG2017]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SprocketUK
These days the lads are too uptight about fitness and diet to sink 20 pints and hang around playing the fool.

Wimps. Jesus does not approve.

Maybe that thought could be the Genesis of a heretical branch of Christianity?

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: SprocketUK

Getting pretty sick of those soft handed plebs to be honest. Rippling abs and bulging biceps, but cannot carry their own shopping home, cannot push a car worth a damn, too good for a night out and too worried about their calorie count to drink ale, like a man. They elect to get softy jobs because they do not like ruining their nails, or getting grease on themselves in case they have a skin flare up, but they can sure as hell go to the gym, and examine themselves in the mirror, get themselves all worked up over how chiselled they are, imagining themselves to be supermen, despite the fact that their minds are weak, and they have forgotten what being a man even means, leave alone what it looks like.

I think it's the new norm. Most of us are dinosaurs.

My 17 year old thinks hard graft is picking up his skiddies and putting them in the wash whenever I yell enough.
I can shame him into helping lug heavy stuff around though.
Thanks to the BSM Williams school of motivation lol.
edit on 35pWed, 15 Nov 2017 11:25:35 -060020172017-11-15T11:25:35-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Getting pretty sick of those soft handed plebs to be honest. Rippling abs and bulging biceps, but cannot carry their own shopping home, cannot push a car worth a damn, too good for a night out and too worried about their calorie count to drink ale, like a man. They elect to get softy jobs because they do not like ruining their nails, or getting grease on themselves in case they have a skin flare up, but they can sure as hell go to the gym, and examine themselves in the mirror, get themselves all worked up over how chiselled they are, imagining themselves to be supermen, despite the fact that their minds are weak, and they have forgotten what being a man even means, leave alone what it looks like.

So what you're saying is, this picture is highly accurate?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
To be fair, it is Christiano Ronaldo there. You'll never convince me people like Ron Harris, Graeme Souness and Tommy Smith were soft.

a reply to: FauxMulder

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'll be honest, the only name in soccer I know is Mia Hamm.

Is Ronaldo known as a giant pansie or something?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yeah, massively so. Most of the flair players are. Foreign ones are especially despised for pretending everything hurts to try and get someone sent off.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Too late, Masons have that one covered.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Too late, Masons have that one covered.

What? beer and rugby and bawdy songs? Suddenly I want to join.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yeah, but we don't use a ball for rugby.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah, but we don't use a ball for rugby.

Do you use severed heads?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Small children or Chihuahuas.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

All Chihuahuas should be dropped kicked.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Thats what its like now.

But if you want an example of what football could be and once was, you check out Mr Vinnie Jones's time on the pitch. He was an ANIMAL of a midfielder, tackled like an out of control locomotive, and bashed, bruised and brutalised his way through the opposition to get the ball out to the strikers.

Total animal. And I would agree with SprocketUK's comment also. The fellows he mentions were also total tanks.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

...you check out Mr Vinnie Jones's time on the pitch.

Bullet Tooth Tony?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

That's the fellow.

Before he found fame as a hard man character actor, he was a hard man on the pitch, THE hard man on the pitch for many years.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Did he dispense Wet Willies with vigor and aplomb?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

No. Elbows, fists, feet, knees, shoulders...

Seriously, you should check out some of the footage of his playing days. Total beast. If he could not get the ball, he would get the player, and sometimes demand the total domination of both. A proper scrapper, and one of the dirtiest, meanest bastards ever to play the game.

He crushed Paul Gascoigne's knackers, just as a psychological warfare tactic, held the record for the fastest sending off in football history (three seconds into a game), and ended the career of at least one other player after a dangerous challenge in a match in 1986. But even these statements, as accurate as they are, do not go anywhere near explaining just how savage he was.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Is 'knacker crushing' what I think it is?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Is 'knacker crushing' what I think it is?

i.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 23pThu, 16 Nov 2017 06:08:23 -060020172017-11-16T06:08:23-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Yeah, that's what I figured.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join