It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweets & chocolate over nuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nuts have a lot of fat in them in case you didn't know... therefore if you eat nuts you are more likely to have problems. Sweets on the other hand are great... they are refreshing and can give you a boost therefore sugar is much better than fat IMO.

In fact chocolate and sweets are good for you. Well they have been for me anyway and I'm now in my 40's.

So moral of the story is don't believe everything you read or hear and anyway some of us are different and so our bodies function differently and react differently to certain foods.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The fat in nuts is generally "good fat", helps your heart and such. Regarding chocolate, i agree, it does have some health benefits also.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You can have both.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I get a little reaction to nuts, they will make me go poop. I have always liked nuts, I have always been constipated so I guess subconsciously I chose to eat peanut butter cups, M&M peanuts, and chocolate covered nuts for my sweet tooth. I also like almost all kinds of nuts except for almonds.

The lipid profile in nuts is good, those oils are not a problem for us. I studied lipids for a couple of months to find the properties and how they effect our bodies. Many raw nuts are not good for us, they discovered that baking them actually reduced some troublesome plant defense chemistries a long time ago. People have been roasting them for hundreds of years to make them edible.

Chocolate has some good properties, so does sugar, cane being better than HFCS from what I read. Grapes contain high glucose, glucose is not really sweet, fructose is sweet if not bound. White bread turn almost fully to glucose in our bodies.

In moderation, chocolate and sugar are not a problem, but if you eat it all the time and have methylation problems in your genetics, you can wind up with a variety of diseases. People who have high methylation can eat a lot of sweets with little side effects but often these people will get hyperthyroid problems in their later years and that leads to thyroid shutdown if there is long term overuse of sugar. You can get addicted to sugar and chocolate, if you do not get it, you can get cranky till you get it. Sugar stimulates dopamine and makes you feel good, so does cocoa.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Reesies Pieces people!

Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Reesies Pieces people!

Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I like the peanut butter cups better myself, chilled in the refrigerator.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Real chocolate is a good source of copper which the body needs and contains polyphenols and tons of other good stuff. The chocolate you want to avoid is the stuff loaded with refined sugar and or artificial sweetener.

Chocolate is good for you, but the majority of it that you buy isn't unfortunately.

As the other member mentioned, nuts are a source of "good" fat, plus they are a good source of protein. I say chocolate and nuts !

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Truth4Thought

I'm a military brat, and lived mostly in Europe. When I came back to the states and someone gave me a Hershey's bar I almost threw up. Seriously, it tasted like wax and smelled like baby poop! And it is expensive. In europe you could get a giant bar of real chocolate and it was around 3 us dollars. I find that Americans tend to over sweeten almost everything, and I feel like most people have lost their real sense of taste.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I wanted to add something about chocolate.

theobromine is derived from Theobroma, the name of the genus of the cacao tree, (which itself is made up of the Greek roots theo ("god") and broma ("food"), meaning "food of the gods"

Theobromine

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

The fat in nuts is generally "good fat", helps your heart and such. Regarding chocolate, i agree, it does have some health benefits also.

if the fat in nuts in good fat, why does it show in 'red' on the packets? bWhich means high in fat... it actually says every 30g of nuts has 14.9g fat

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
I wanted to add something about chocolate.

theobromine is derived from Theobroma, the name of the genus of the cacao tree, (which itself is made up of the Greek roots theo ("god") and broma ("food"), meaning "food of the gods"

Theobromine

there yyyou go..

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I love threads that aren't about anything *important*.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Nuts have a lot of fat in them in case you didn't know... therefore if you eat nuts you are more likely to have problems.

Fat doesn't make you fat, intake of excess carbs and sugar make you fat.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nuts have a lot of fat in them in case you didn't know... therefore if you eat nuts you are more likely to have problems.

Didnt say it made you fat...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, but you effectively said "Nuts have fat, nuts bad. Chocolate has sugar, chocolate good."

which is pretty slack even by generic nutritional standards.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

So what 'problems' are you likely to incur over eating sugar?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The thing here is, that there is saturated fat and unsaturated fat. A human being needs some fats to stay alive. It can't be said that fat = bad, it is not always that way.

new topics

top topics

join