It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fish Deity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hello, Been doing a little research on the Fish deity and how he is possible Dagon
An atlantean.

The Fish deity was used across the globe in ancient times, was wondering if anyone had
Any information on this? And could it have been an atlantean priest that survived and spread
There word and knowledge across the globe so that the rest of Civilization could advance.

Is this why we see pyramids in Egypt South America and Asia all from roughly the same time period
When they are supposedly unable to contact one another? Was there an adavance human being at the time
Visiting all these lands sharing his wisdom?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: brandonforsyth11

The winged fish!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I give you a start:

From Ancient Sumerian to recent day pope's

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The deity named as daggon is mentioned in the Old Testament in the book of Kings.
There is also the dogon tribe of Africa that has uncanny knowledge of star systems that is generally impossible without advanced telescopes. They claim that their God came out of a lake and told them the secrets of outer space. Their God was a half fish half humanoid creature.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Fish tales around the campfire.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Pyramids around the world were built in vastly different time periods, especially if you subscribe to the 12k+ theory of the Egyptians.

SAmerican pyramids were built within the last 2000 years

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Sounds like GREYS or reptoids.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandonforsyth11
Hello, Been doing a little research on the Fish deity and how he is possible Dagon
An atlantean.

The Fish deity was used across the globe in ancient times, was wondering if anyone had
Any information on this? And could it have been an atlantean priest that survived and spread
There word and knowledge across the globe so that the rest of Civilization could advance.

Is this why we see pyramids in Egypt South America and Asia all from roughly the same time period
When they are supposedly unable to contact one another? Was there an adavance human being at the time
Visiting all these lands sharing his wisdom?

Here's something.
Atlantis never existed.

Here's something else.
Dagon might have been misidentified as a fish god. It seems he was actually a god of grains, originally.

Harte

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

It is a shame that our history has been tweeted and misleading throughout the ages but actually trade routes were commonly known before the time of the Egyptians. Sea travels and trade amongst most lands including the America's and with them they brought their myths and stories.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

An atlantean.

The Fish deity was used across the globe in ancient times,

There's no evidence of this. Dagon was first mentioned about 2500 BCE in Mesopotamian texts. He's also found as the chief god of the Philistines. But Egypt didn't have any fish deities nor does India - in fact, there are only a handful of fish deities and they are from different eras.

The Egyptian pyramids are from 2500 BC onward.
MesoAmerica started building pyramids about 1000 BC (sometimes tombs, sometimes sacrificial altars, and sometimes topped by astronomical observatories)
Asian pyramids - if you mean the earthen pyramids (which are tombs) from China, they date to 500 BC and later (Shaohao Tomb was built in 1100 AD)
Pyramid shaped buildings in Java date to 1400 AD.

Beyond being "pointy mounds of earth" they're not really similar and they have different uses.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Egypt; Hatmehit? The goddess whoms name translates as “she who is in front of the Fish” so don’t know where your getting your facts from? Please source...

The same with Indian? Villu?

Whether this is mythology or not we still have cultures speaking about the same deity the same way today we have people worship their religions that are quite similar. “But supposedly they could not travel back then.”

reply to: Byrd

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

I give you a start:

From Ancient Sumerian to recent day pope's

That's not a "priest of ancient Dagon."

That's an Assyrian Apkallu.

Harte

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Egypt; Hatmehit? The goddess whoms name translates as “she who is in front of the Fish”

Ah. Local goddess. No, she was a new one for me. Hadn't heard of her before. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I see she's a fairly old deity.

Whether this is mythology or not we still have cultures speaking about the same deity the same way today we have people worship their religions that are quite similar. “But supposedly they could not travel back then.”

Do you have a further explanation for "cultures speaking about the same deity"? That particular statement seems murky and before I respond, I'd like to understand better just what you are saying here. As far as I can tell, there is no real indication of how she was worshiped (ditto some of the other gods/goddesses) and the legends about her don't seem to match with legends of other fishy deities.

Also, we know that they traveled from goods that appear in trade networks.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

According to tradition, Biblical and elsewhere, what came from the Lucifer Rebellion, the fall of the Watchers, are the Nephilim which the Bible labels as "the men of renown, heroes of old" and fits the description of the fish men apkallu. The apkallu are created by a Watcher, an Anunnaki, the third deity of the godhead who is Enki.

The Apkallu , Created by the Sumerian God Enki to Bestow Knowledge to Mankind . The Devil is Always in the Details...........)

firstlegend.info...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yeah I’m away from Home at the minute and it’s on my laptop and I’m my books,
So I will deffo share some information I have with you through private message when I’m home Saturday
!!!

a reply to: Byrd

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

According to tradition, Biblical and elsewhere, what came from the Lucifer Rebellion, the fall of the Watchers, are the Nephilim which the Bible labels as "the men of renown, heroes of old" and fits the description of the fish men apkallu. The apkallu are created by a Watcher, an Anunnaki, the third deity of the godhead who is Enki.

The Apkallu , Created by the Sumerian God Enki to Bestow Knowledge to Mankind . The Devil is Always in the Details...........)

firstlegend.info...

If you read the existing Sumerian texts, instead of some website trying to link these mythological creatures to the Bible, you'll find that Enki didn't create the Abgal (Sumerian term for them.)

Regardless, it is abundantly clear that the Apkallu were NOT "priests of Dagon."

It's also pretty clear that Dagon was not a fish god. He was misidentified by earlier scholars.

Harte

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

firstlegend.info...

You might not want to use that source.

The "Legend of the War in Heaven" occurs in three Biblical sources (and nowhere else): The Book of Revelation, the War Scroll (from the Dead Sea Scrolls) and Songs of Sabbath Sacrifice (another Dead Sea scroll. They specifically identify the foes as Belial and the "Sons of Darknessl" There's nothing of the fish about them. And Belial is one of the two watchers.

top topics

join