It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk Florida man arrested for driving lawn mower on highway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Stay classy Florida

Police in Port St. Lucie noticed a man driving unsteadily down U.S. Highway 1 on Nov. 3, according to the report. The man, Kenneth Burton Alleshouse, 56, was riding his red Snapper lawn mower down the road while carrying a case of Budweiser beer, Fox 13 said

Obviously this happened in Florida obviously it was Budweiser I just wonder if it's fair to bust him as operating a motor vehicle. You don't exactly need a license to operate a lawn mower. Funny enough this happened about a month ago to the mayor of a South Carolina town as well. Pulled over drunk on a lawnmower going for a beer run.
G-d Bless America

edit on 13-11-2017 by dashen because: He should send a bill for mowing the highway

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Hahaha
Can't seem to get up the energy to care so I will just lol at the dumb ass

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

...Like NONE of US have ever done that.

[SMH]

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah but I at least took the back roads

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

LOL!
The funniest thing about this story is that this isnt uncommon.
Ive heard quite a few booze cruise tales, that went to the tune of a riding lawnmower or similar on the hi-way.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I thought George Jones passed away a few years ago. Any who that's a normal Saturday night around these parts.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That will learn him!

Dui for drunken mower driving!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

This is not the only odd DUI arrest police in Florida have made in this month. On Nov. 2, police arrested a woman in Lakeland who was drunkenly riding a horse down a highway.

Seth McFarlane called it.

LOL!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The operative word is "Florida".

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Long ago in our small town a handicapped guy would take his mower with a little trailer to the store every few days. Some days he would stop and have 1 beer. A new cop tried to pull him over and he refused and was eventually arrested for refusing to stop and resisting arrest. The next day no restaurant would serve the cop and people gathered money to bail him out and in the process somebody stole his mower.

The court dropped the charges and a lawnmower place gave him a new mower and trailer and the cop was pretty much run out of town. he drove that way for probably 20 years and after that he had a lot more lawns to mow.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Did anyone notice the beer coozie. Zip tied to the steering column of his lawn mower? This is pure Americana right here

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Is there any other country on Earth where this would take place, and no one really cares so long as no one is hurt?

When you're outta beer, you do what you gotta do...

I love that beer holder. Lawn tractors come equipped with those these days, so he must have an old one...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I worked at a grain elevator in Wapela, Illinois. Very small town off a main highway. One bar and quite a few riding lawnmowers in the parking lot. I asked my supervisor what was with all the garden gear at the bar. He said those guys all had DUI's so they drove their lawnmowers to the bar which was completely legal. LOL.

Gotta love small town solutions

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Read about a drunk woman last week that pulled a Schwarzenegger. Rode a horse down the highway. Also charged with drunk driving. i guess if you're operating anything on the highway you can be charged.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
B double E. R ruuuuun!

And where's all the Canadians and Brits saying "That's not beer"!
edit on 11 13 2017 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have a book called worlds stupidest criminals. In there from the state of florida i believe a drunken man on a moped attempted to run from the police trying to pull him over. A chase ensued.

Eventually the drunk guy crashed his moped scooter and was arrested.

When in court the judge asked why he didnt pull over for the police. His excuse was that he frequently gets abducted by aliens and the blue and red flashing lights of the police car while in his drunken state looked to him like the ufo.

The judge gave him the charge of drunk driving but not for fleeing the police stating that his excuse was plausible.

Another story was a blind man with a seeing eye dog at the bar was drunk and got into an argument with his girlfriend who drove him to the bar in his old car. She left leaving him the car and the dog at the bar.

He attempts to drive himself home. His plan was to have the seeing eye dog bark when the light was green or red etc.

Of course the cops pull him over for suspected drunk driving. The cops said the dog actually did pretty good getting the guy to stop at the lights. Just that the guy couldnt keep the car in the lane which is what got their attention in the first place.

The dogs name get this. He named the dog Sir Anheuser-Busch

You cant make this stuff up folks.

Wonder if we can get shamrock or any of the other LEOs in here to tell some of their craziest arrests.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm not surprised by very many DUI stories--when I was stationed in Germany, I had to type up an Article 15 for a Soldier who stole a bike and got pulled over by the Polizei while riding it down the road, so drunk that he was running into parked cars.

Yes, he got a DUI for it, amongst other things.

This story was a good one, though--but why the PC forum?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Because he got arrested & muh freedom

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

2nd time he's done this in the past 5 years? I recall a similar story around 2014.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To be fair, lawnmowers can be pretty fast with the right tune...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join