It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of expression and the freedom to react

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It is a personal choice to get tatoos. What ever tatoo/tatoo location you choose, if you mean to be deliberatly provocative, I guess it is silly to obfuscate if there is a backlash you should have expected.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I just do not think its appropriate in this day and age, for someone to be capable of prejudice over ink.

I mean sure, if someone has "Screw You" tattooed on the centre of their forehead, or "Go F--- Yourself" in a band around their neck, that is grounds to place their CV aside, if they are in a customer facing role for sure. But as for actual images, unless the images themselves are offensive, containing nudity or extreme portrayals of violence in graphic and disturbing detail, like photo-realistic autopsy shots or something, then I cannot condone marginalising people over it.

For example, the fellow in the picture you posted should be prevented from gaining anything in his life, because he is a fascist. But the fact that he has a tattoo of a scythe on the side of his head is not, in and of itself, grounds to ostracise him from the working world. His being a thug piece of crap, not even worthy to lick slurry off a pair of Wellington boots, is the only thing that justifiably means he ought to be left on the trash heap.

<< 1   >>

join