It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cry Babies and Tolerance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Abysha

It was an incident where I complimented you and made a few friendly comments. Nothing weird just me being nice like I am to most people I talk to on here. I even asked some questions.

I came away thinking you were being very intolerant to me based on my gender status, religious beliefs, or ethnicity. Or at least that you are really hateful and jealous of me for unknown reasons.

After that one incident where you acted snobbish and holier than thou to me for merely trying to be friends with you, I realized everything you preach is a complete hypocritical lie. So I don't care what you say, until you apologize for being mean to me when I was nice to you, I'll never believe anything you claim about any of this.

I got to see who you really were when I was trying to be your friend. I realized I'd never be good enough to earn your respect no matter what.

The only time I remember having a back-and-forth dialog with you was when you were having some challenges in life and I was complimenting you on your lyrical skills.

If I ever did what you say I did, I sincerely apologize. In other words, I won't try to defend it because I don't find that defensible.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

For what it's worth, I do realize that I might not be any better than you, and that I may too be guilty of my own criticisms.

But at least I'm open to considering my own flaws and faults.
That's what is important and that is exactly what the OP of this thread was trying to share with us today.

That maybe, just maybe, I don't know it all and maybe I can benefit from considering other people's points of view and giving them some respect in that process.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Thank you.

I am sorry I was so harsh but you scarred me and I couldn't forget it. The part where you hurt me.
I apologize for forgetting the part where you complimented me. I guess it was overshadowed by the later incident where I felt like you totally hated me for reasons I never could understand or figure out.

I apologize for coming after you like that.
I accept your apology and am very moved by it because I honestly didn't expect it at all.

I'm sorry for judging you wrongly.
edit on 11/13/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/13/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

the elitist authoritarians in charge are the ones your should be criticizing

Criticizing the status quo is what I've done on ATS since day one. I actually created a thread not long before Trump was elected titled Donald Trump: Imperialistic Authoritarian? where I examined some of his authoritarian tendencies. However he turned out to be far less heavy handed then I expected and even if he was the authoritarian I expected he would still be less of an authoritarian than Hillary. What's truly ironic, and I mean epic levels of ironic, is that many people seem to think Hillary is this sweet little angel and in no way represents an enemy of the common person, but that is extremely far from the truth and personally I thank my potentially existent agnostic god every day that I don't have to live in a reality where she controls the most powerful nation on Earth, and I pity the fool who actually weeps because she lost.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

When I argue, I do so only from the perspective that I am not trying to make people think like me, but that I want them to understand why I think the way I do.

And no ... it's not racism or homphobia or any of those other easy slurs.

It's because I actually have spent a lot of time thinking about it and what it means to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join