It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cry Babies and Tolerance

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Remember WHEN they stopped spanking kids?
THIS is what happened.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Br34kingp01nt

What branch?

White nationalist.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

check his/her registration date, pretty much every account started in the last year is a troll or something.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder Wow cry baby. Do you need some milk lol 😁

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It's refreshing and great to see someone explain their personal growth as you did. Something we all had to go through, or will, and how the choices we make, shape us into the people we will become. You seem like a really good egg.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Jordon Peterson, who goes out of his way to insult and disrespect? Peterson, who created a website to harass ethnic studies (and women's studies) professors? He's whining about a poster talking about how much of a dick he is to other people and it inspired an entire thread about how it's mean to point out jerk behavior?

This is where you all get confused. Not tolerating an opinion of intolerance is not intolerance. How are some of you never able to wrap your head around that concept? If somebody's "opinion" is an excuse to go out of their way to insult them for their ethnicity, gender status, disability, religion, body shape, etc... I don't have to be accepting of that and, yes, I still remain on the "right side" if doing so.

Whining about people pointing out your sleazy opinions is a new, special breed of whine that started in full swing when Emo Trump started playing victim on Twitter 3am every morning. It's bizarre and makes the character of the United States weak.
edit on 13-11-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Jordon Peterson, who goes out of his way to insult and disrespect? Peterson, who created a website to harass ethnic studies (and women's studies) professors? He's whining about a poster talking about how much of a dick he is to other people and it inspired an entire thread about how it's mean to point out jerk behavior?

This is where you all get confused. Not tolerating an opinion of intolerance is not intolerance. How are some of you never able to wrap your head around that concept? If somebody's "opinion" is an excuse to go out of their way to insult them for their ethnicity, gender status, disability, religion, body shape, etc... I don't have to be accepting of that and, yes, I still remain on the "right side" if doing so.

Whining about people pointing out your sleazy opinions is a new, special breed of whine that started in full swing when Emo Trump started playing victim on Twitter 3am every morning. It's bizarre and makes our character as a nation weak.

Or you could read the OP and understand the meaning of the thread. You know, always an option.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Abysha

Whining about people pointing out your sleazy opinions is a new, special breed of whine that started in full swing when Emo Trump started playing victim on Twitter 3am every morning. It's bizarre and makes our character as a nation weak.

Or you could read the OP and understand the meaning of the thread. You know, always an option.

I did. And it boiled down to "allowing others to be intolerant because they might know something you don't".

And I said that's bs. That kind of thinking is weak and is why America looks like it can't take criticism without crying about it on Twitter or conservative blogs. No amount of "something I don't know" is going to excuse somebody being intentionally rude and insulting.

No matter a person's opinion, there is never a reason that person can't speak to others, and address them, with respect.

If you don't, it's not your "wisdom" that's preventing you; you're just being a jerk in that case.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

When you Australians learn how to blame everything wrong on planet earth, on Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, like American conservatives, you will be much happier....believe me!!

We need scapegoats to be healthy, fully realized human beings.

If for some reason Clinton and Obama don't work for you; give Mexican a try. Many people prefer them over the larger category of "useless eaters" personal preferences may vary but there is always someone you can look down on and thus feel much better about your position in society.

Think about it....who really are the crybabies?

tie me Kangaroo down, sport!!
edit on 13-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

funny, I read about her personal growth, understanding of others opinions, and learning about our differences. I guess you have to look to see what you want to see. It's a shame. She obviously put some thought into this. If her views were liberal, would they sound better?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

funny, I read about her personal growth, understanding of others opinions, and learning about our differences. I guess you have to look to see what you want to see. It's a shame. She obviously put some thought into this. If her views were liberal, would they sound better?

Let me ask you... what makes you say the OP's views aren't liberal? Is it because they are in defense of intolerance? If you automatically make that connection, don't you see that as a problem?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

While I don't agree with everything you've said, this is one of the best posts I've seen on here in my relatively short membership. There are many people here who would benefit from reading this with an open mind and taking it to heart. You are correct in that there are many folks here in the US who just don't realize how damn good they have it. They think they are informed and cultured, but their ideology depends on a complete lack of perspective of where the things they think are crises and injustices rank in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Jordon Peterson, who goes out of his way to insult and disrespect?

Goes out of his way to insult and disrespect? This is a blatant misrepresentation of reality and you know it. If you really believe that's the type of person he is then you need to listen more closely to what he says. Perhaps try watching the podcast where they discuss the poster and how it's blatant propaganda full of lies. You're jumping to extreme conclusions and acting like the very people I talk about in the OP.

EDIT: here it is, now you wont have to expend any energy finding it:

edit on 13/11/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Jordon Peterson, who goes out of his way to insult and disrespect?

Goes out of his way to insult and disrespect? This is a blatant misrepresentation of reality and you know it. If you really believe that's the type of person he is then you need to listen more closely to what he says. Perhaps try watching the podcast where they discuss the poster and how it's blatant propaganda and full of lies. You're jumping to extreme conclusions and acting like the very people I talk about in the OP.

EDIT: here it is, now you wont have to expend any energy finding it:

His defense of himself on the podcast is not the behavior I'm talking about. This guy has a history that extends beyond that.

PS edit - for the record, much of what you said is reasonable (especially regarding religion). I just think you chose a very flawed poster boy for the thread.
edit on 13-11-2017 by Abysha because: Ps

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

make the world a better place by changing the other side to see things your way, which is of course the best way.

Wow I'm so glad you are finally admitting that my way is the best way. Thank you!

Hahah, joking aside, you wrote a really thoughtful and pragmatic OP here and I really appreciate your sensibility and wisdom. Thank you very much for posting that.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You must have missed the whole war on xams son.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I actually usually view you as one of the most intolerant people around these days, as you are always demonizing and attacking people who don't agree with your political views.

And since you are demanding that I no longer tolerate and "allow" it, I am going to tell you to Stop. If you cannot get outside of your box and respect other people than I suggest you just stop talking so much.

I even remember I was really nice to you on a personal level in the past and you were very rude and snobbish towards me for being cool to you. So I am especially a personal victim of your prejudices and intolerant views.

Don't get mad at me because I'm just doing EXACTLY what you said I need to do - so I will stop excusing you for being rude and insulting towards the vast proportion of the population. All I ever see you do is attack people, you never have anything good to say about anyone. It's always constant negative energy.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I actually usually view you as one of the most intolerant people around these days, as you are always demonizing and attacking people who don't agree with your political views.

And since you are demanding that I no longer tolerate and "allow" it, I am going to tell you to Stop. If you cannot get outside of your box and respect other people than I suggest you just stop talking so much.

I even remember I was really nice to you on a personal level in the past and you were very rude and snobbish towards me for being cool to you. So I am especially a personal victim of your prejudices and intolerant views.

Don't get mad at me because I'm just doing EXACTLY what you said I need to do - so I will stop excusing you for being rude and insulting towards the vast proportion of the population. All I ever see you do is attack people, you never have anything good to say about anyone. It's always constant negative energy.

Have I been intolerant towards you based on your ethnicity, gender status, body shape, religion, or disability?

Have I been intolerant to tolerant viewpoints?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Contrary to your left wing delusions about SJW, the elitist authoritarians in charge are the ones your should be criticizing. Know thy enemy:

ALL OF WHICH ARE AMERICAN DREAMS!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It was an incident where I complimented you and made a few friendly comments. Nothing weird just me being nice like I am to most people I talk to on here. I even asked some questions.

I came away thinking you were being very intolerant to me based on my gender status, religious beliefs, or ethnicity. Or at least that you are really hateful and jealous of me for unknown reasons.

After that one incident where you acted snobbish and holier than thou to me for merely trying to be friends with you, I realized everything you preach is a complete hypocritical lie. So I don't care what you say, until you apologize for being mean to me when I was nice to you, I'll never believe anything you claim about any of this.

I got to see who you really were when I was trying to be your friend. I realized I'd never be good enough to earn your respect no matter what.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join