It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cry Babies and Tolerance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Was just watching the recent H3 Podcast with Jordan Peterson and saw the poster some idiots plastered around his neighborhood and it struck me as a very good example of exactly why the far-left and overzealous SJW's are making themselves look bad, which is a topic they discuss in the podcast quite thoroughly. The recent event where they gathered to "scream at the sky" is a prime example of why it's hard to feel any empathy for these people. Very few people have a high tolerance for cry babies, and that's the core reason groups like BLM and Antifa are widely disliked despite the fact they stand for an arguably good cause.

Of course anyone who displays any opposition to these groups are immediately labeled fascists or racists because if you're not with them then you must stand against what they believe. Most people aren't against equality and tolerance, but taking things to the extreme and acting like a child is not the way to convince people because it's simple human nature to be annoyed by such incessant behavior. When you become so obsessed with the bad aspects of humanity and how you must change them at any costs you run the risk of entering an idealogical trance.

Not too long ago I would have labeled myself as a forward thinking progressive, and in many respects I still do, but in my efforts to show how wrong the conservative side was I myself became somewhat conservative. When I first joined ATS before I had the account I use now, one of the subjects I tended to enjoy debating was that of religion and creation. Being a hardcore atheist at the time I made it my mission to prove how their precious beliefs were all man made and how the worlds problems could be solved if we just eradicated all organized religions.

One day I was debating with a well known religious member and their words really hit me hard because I couldn't ignore the logic of what they were saying and I'm the sort of person who relies on solid logic to form my world views. I cannot remember exactly what they said but the basic point was that not all people think like I do and some people need guidance on how to live and they find comfort in a higher power and there's no reason I should try to take that away from them... and that is absolutely true, which is why I avoid debating religion and I try to tolerate different beliefs.

I'm now agnostic because I feel that's the only reasonable position one can hold if they are being honest with themselves. These days when I see a devout atheist arguing with a devout religious person I see very little difference between the two people, I see people who are far too convinced they are right and far too overeager to convince others that their entire world view is wrong. It's a neurotic desire to prove your own world view right and make the world a better place by changing the other side to see things your way, which is of course the best way.

Although I'm still quite young I've experienced many similar idealogical shifts over the last few years, allowing me to accept a wider range of people for who they are rather than seeing something about them I need to change. I've never really cared much about where I was born but I've come to realize that a one world government which controls all resources is a vast violation of individual liberty even though it's the most logical approach. Cry babies love a nanny state so it can care for them and make important decisions for them, but we must sacrifice independence and liberty.

People like Ron Paul don't argue for free market capitalism because they are evil and they think it's the best way to make themselves rich, it's quite the opposite in fact. They are good people who believe in the concepts of individual autonomy and the freedom to live our lives without constant interference from the government. Furthermore, the United States became the powerhouse it is now based on the core American principles that I just mentioned. Free market capitalism when properly implemented can produce high living standards without sacrificing the prosperity of everyone.

I know it may not seem this way for anyone living in the U.S., especially after the global financial crisis of 08-09, but the fact is you guys in the U.S. are very well off compared to most other areas in the world and it's because you're more industrious and creative then most other places in the world. You guys have places like Silicon Valley dedicated to an entire industry and you make the best films and shows in the world. It's that creativity and innovative spirit which allows the U.S. to have such a high GDP despite having a rather small population when compared to other super powers.

Try living in Australia right now, our energy prices and general cost of living is going through the roof, meanwhile our political climate becomes more and more liberalized and the government spends countless sums of money on social programs instead of properly dealing with the massive energy issues we are facing right now. You guys have a nuclear power plant in nearly every state whereas we don't even have one and some states experience regular power issues, and we're supposed to be a developed first world nation. Just think about that for a moment before you keep squawking about how much the world sucks right now and scream into the sky like a fool.

As a guy who works with computers I'm not much of a sports person and I particularly disliked violent sports which cause harm to people. Being quite a geek I tend to watch a lot of anime and one day I started watching a show called Hajime no Ippo where a young man who is bullied in school grows up to be a boxer. I know it's probably a lame example but this show vastly changed my views about violent sports and gave me a true appreciation of the skill and dedication required to compete in those sports, and why it's important to respect those things even if you don't particularly enjoy the sport.

I'm sure in a few thousand years our ancestors will be looking back on the sports we played and think they were a stupid waste of time with risks that far outweighed any benefit. Bruce Lee once said "Being yielding and devoted must not exclude strength, for strength is necessary to the softness if it is to be the helper of firmness". This is the same reason we have armies even though we deeply hate war, having strength is some times necessary and we should have a respect for those who choose to use their strength to defend us, but never forgetting to question the motives for war.

The point I'm making here, and this is especially directed towards you young people who believe you have all the answers, is that people are never going to agree on everything and we need to have tolerance for those who think differently to ourselves. Those on the far left love to appeal to our empathy by using arguments related to equality and tolerance, yet they refuse to tolerate conservative opinions and label their opposition as evil scum bags. I'm a futurist but I can respect people who don't want to see humanity destroyed by robots. Some people like fast change, others prefer slow change, and that's perfectly ok.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

So as smart as you appear to come across you are still heavily invested in the left right March....interesting....

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I view myself as a libertarian some where in the center, probably slightly to the right. It may seem like my intention is to focus on these artificial political divisions between the left and right on the surface of what I'm saying, but that's really not my intention at all. In fact my message here is the exact opposite, and I specifically use terms like "extreme" or "far" left to describe the cry babies I'm talking about, as to not generalize many liberals and others on the left who I respect. I'm simply saying it the way I see it and nothing more, and quite frankly the sound of whining is starting to get very annoying.
edit on 13/11/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

My bad, and I apologize for jumping the gun.

I my defense it's easy to get caught up in the divide, especially when so many of us are caught up in revolving door of politics.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So as smart as you appear to come across you are still heavily invested in the left right March....interesting....

Only far leftists insist that there is no left/right.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Who's Jordan Peterson? Further, what is an H3 Podcast?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lefties are the nuts who shoot people anyway,WHERE have YOU been?

WE won't shoot as THEY might take our GUN collections
edit on 13-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

If I may go so geek..."you gain much wisdom padwan"

In reality you have shown the old fashion term "growing up" . A term much maligned and not used today.

You realize that by debate with civility (not saying you cant have strong emotion) and willing at least to listen if facts are presented THEN decide if what you thought is right or wrong..

You also gain more wisdom in realizing you dont have to change people, you can live with differing opinions with agreement not needed, and that if you find something that causes you to change your view you don't fear change.

in short something that many younger people are not willing to recognize much less follow.

Well done

Scrounger

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Br34kingp01nt

Ok ...so where does that leave you in the mix ?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Br34kingp01nt

Ok ...so where does that leave you in the mix ?

I am on the extreme far right and wholly unashamed about it.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Br34kingp01nt

What branch?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Ì might shoot.

My smoked pulled pork...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

GASP!!!
Long PIG isn't served here sir... KINDLY take your cannibalism ELSEWHERE!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

My apologies. Į wouldn’t stand a chance alone when the government comes to collect my pork.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

ONCE you're MARRIED a while it's MOOT anyway...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Stings even worse when they take MY pork out of both our wallets.
edit on 11/13/2017 by EternalSolace because: Back and forth comedic gold... laugh you liberal pukes...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
things are very hard. there are very unbright minds in both direction to find. lowquality minds looksbad on each side from time to time

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

YOU get a wallet?
I remember I WAS once a spec 4 mafia GOON ,men DID what they were ORDERED in my platoons(GOOD NCOs, thank God)... then I got married twice,,,#1 was a BARGIRL from Songsandong Korea...NOT my best idea.
THIS one is an ORC,she's HARD to be in the CAR with, however.
I hope SHE never meets a Marxist child ...I'M the NICE one here.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Į get a wallet. Pork never stays put. Undisciplined piggies.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Do you think this could be an off shoot from the feminists and all this "participation trophy" stuff our kids keep being fed.
I know I am of an older generation, but we learned very early the only way to get a medal was to be the winner; not just show up.
Every "participation trophy" make the winners trophy a little more meaningless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join