It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon is going to be the new government, Umbrella Corp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well, it's not like Amazon is powerful enough yet. Let's start handing over our tax dollars as well.

The Beat

“Experts believe only one or two companies would have the wherewithal to participate,” the digital magazine reported. “That means monopoly or duopoly control of $53 billion in federal purchasing.”

What's another 53 billion for Amazon?

First trillion dollar company?

Does anti-trust exist anymore?

“It seems like Amazon wrote it,” Stacy Mitchell of the Institute for Local Self-Reliance — an Amazon critic — told the online magazine. “It will accelerate the transfer of more and more government spending to Amazon.”

They probably did, wonder who's getting the campaign contributions?? When does our government get held accountable?
edit on 12-11-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wait so Amazon will overtake the military industrial complex, big oil, the pharmaceutical corps, telecommunications, the food and agri giants, Google, etc?

Forgive my skepticism.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash Yes they will
Then everything will be better!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Wait so Amazon will overtake the military industrial complex, big oil, the pharmaceutical corps, telecommunications, the food and agri giants, Google, etc?

Forgive my skepticism.

Well, they already have a good start on a few of those in your list. Its only a matter of time before they cover the others as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
All hail our overlords...may they bless us with free same day shipping and 25% black Friday discounts
edit on 13-11-2017 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 13-11-2017 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Ok at first your argument is totally silly given umbrella corporation is FICTITIOUS and amazon is real.

But I am gonna look past that and PRESUME that you mean amazon is "umbrella corporation" like.

But even taking that into consideration your argument falls flat and gets more silly.

Umbrella corporation represents a company that BUILDS THINGS, DOES RESEARCH then SELLS TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Amazon is best described as the worlds biggest RETAIL BOX STORE that sells TO EVERYONE....Be government, schools or people in general.

Basically a on line wal mart (target, meijers , or whatever retailer you choose, I aint supporting any one specifically) that carries almost everything.
They buy out SUPPLIERS (aka companies that make whatever they sell) along with individual companies they DON'T OWN then act as a "middleman", clearing house, whatever term you like.

In short they don't build a damn thing, they don't do biological warfare research (or research of anything except advertising) or have secret underground lairs with zombies.

Now if you want to make a case they are building a monopoly on selling and distributing things for sale that can lead to them making or breaking suppliers. Or that they can ultimately limit what you can buy .
Then you have a point.

But forgive my perhaps over flipped comment but given your overall OP and especially the title I think you need to stop ingesting whatever funky substance you have and binge watching all the resident evil movies before you post.

scrounger

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Google will undergo a brand change in the next 5-10 years. Will be hidden. Amazon will succumb. Anti-trust will fail. All your electronics/information are belong to them.
edit on 11/13/2017 by EternalSolace because: Who is Goolgle?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Forgive my skepticism.

Your a smart guy, tell me what is that the majority of people on the planet are invested in?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Forgive my skepticism.

I would think of it more along the lines of Amazon being a manifestation of that cartel that the public simply loves!

Who do you think Alexa is relaying all of that lovely information to?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So much for intelligent discussion.

Great job, folks.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Amazon stinks of corruption.
a reply to: toysforadults

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
We are to blame so we need to deal with it.

new topics

top topics

join