It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 y/o teen arrested in murder of Dallas mother of six

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Agreed, one of the first thoughts I had is that something had to seriously go wrong in his life to end in a robbery turned murder. It doesn't excuse his actions, of course, but clearly this isn't the first crime he had engaged in. There was time for family or friends to recognize he was going down a dangerous path, and do something before it was too late.

I am unsure how that will work in regard to a life sentence, but I'd image he would have the potential to change throughout his life. After all, nobody had any clue about life (present company included) at 15. A lot of life sentences in this country include possibility to be paroled at a later date, with a lot of factors coming into account. The remorsefulness of the individual counts, cooperation with law enforcement, being sincerely apologetic are all considered "good" things. Having a history of crimes vs. a history of good grades and community service could also play into it, but both crimes (especially murder) are of course pretty serious. We will have to see how the case ends up though, when it comes to juveniles things aren't always so clear cut, can never rule out the sympathetic jury though!

It is true that we might not always see eye to eye (nor does anyone), I enjoy talking about various issues with you and others here Mike

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join