It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Judging someone based upon the color of their skin is wrong!

No sh!t Sherlock?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

OMG. There are cannibals in the world too. Shut the front door. Some hungry people out there!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

OMG. There are cannibals in the world too. Shut the front door. Some hungry people out there!

Holy hyberbole!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Holy missed-the-point.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Holy missed-the-point.

Nope I didn't miss the point. You are implying that I am so scared because of the possibility that people might be racist.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Not possibility or might.

There ARE racists out there in the world. Plenty of them. But none of them justify raising the next generation to also be racist because of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Not possibility or might.

There ARE racists out there in the world. Plenty of them. But none of them justify raising the next generation to also be racist because of it.

I meant the possibility that people I meet might be racist.
Anyway of course I agree with your statement. There are racists and it's wrong. I kept saying that over and over again here in this thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You also said what the OP of the article said wasn't racist, which it obviously is.

If people can't even agree on the obvious examples of racial prejudicial views, what chance is there really to improve it?
edit on 12-11-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The author of that article is a piece of garbage, who is doing his kids no favors by asking such an incredibly STUPID question. His kids will be racist, just as he is.

When my kids were growing up, I told them to choose their friends based solely on their character and how much fun they had together playing. That worked out really well.

What is happening now is the continual push for a race war, and they will continue to print and put out this steaming pile of crud until people start to snap en masse. It's sad, really. We were doing so well, and then we elected a racist traitor. Not Trump. Obama. He brought all the hate and superficial judgement based on skin color, and for that, there should be a special place in hell for him.
edit on 12-11-2017 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You also said what the OP of the article said wasn't racist.

If people can't even agree on the obvious examples of racial prejudicial views, what chance is there really to improve it?

The way I see it is that he wanted his children to be wary of racists, especially the white supremacists.
Parents teach their children all kinds of crap and nobody bats an eye. I'm sure many paranoid posters here teach their children to be paranoid of others. Fundies teach all kind of crap to their children as well. Nobody bats an eye.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You also said what the OP of the article said wasn't racist.

The way I see it is that he wanted his children to be wary of racists, especially the white supremacists.
Parents teach their children all kinds of crap and nobody bats an eye. I'm sure many paranoid posters here teach their children to be paranoid of others. Fundies teach all kind of crap to their children as well. Nobody bats an eye.

Now who's the paranoid one?

Here you are making all kinds of accusations about how people here are without any real proof of anything except your own feelings on the matter.

You are right about one thing. That is paranoia. Your own.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think you read my comment wrong. I didn't make any accusation. I merely said that I was sure due to the nature of this site. We do have paranoid posters here.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No sh!t Sherlock?

Then why are you making excuses and spent how many pages defending the POS who wrote this racist opinion piece?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That's not what he said. Read it again.

Parents teach their children all kinds of crap and nobody bats an eye.

They sure do. There are assholes in all colors. And as soon as they move from being a parent in their own home to being an op-ed writer for a paper with a circulation of millions people will call them out on it, too.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

No sh!t Sherlock?

Then why are you making excuses and spent how many pages defending the POS who wrote this racist opinion piece?

Because I don't read the article that way. So no excuses. As I have stated repeatedly I see your point and view and I agree with you. Why is that so hard to understand?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

According to some posters he's talking about ALL white people.

I'm sure kids in the inner cities around gangs, drugs...crime etc. are like watch out for the white people...lol

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

But even a child’s joy is not immune to this ominous political period. This summer’s images of violence in Charlottesville, Va., prompted an array of questions.

That is in the very first paragraph. Do you disagree with that? Aren't children allowed to make questions?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What a C word.

Really, what do her kids have to do with her self justified hatred of an entire people she never met?

Racist garbage.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

That is in the very first paragraph. Do you disagree with that? Aren't children allowed to make questions?

Make questions, or ask them? You're allowed to do your thing in ATS threads, much as children who make messes, and we put up with it. Especially beating a dead horse into dust, that one NEVER gets old.

White Supremacists? Nazis? What the......seriously. Like flies at a picnic. It's a sad article, you're the only one defending it. That should tell you a lot....um, well it tells us what we already know.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

But even a child’s joy is not immune to this ominous political period. This summer’s images of violence in Charlottesville, Va., prompted an array of questions.

They asked question after someone mows people down with a car and gets out yelling Allah Snackbar too. Would it have been fair for me to start teaching my kid to be wary of the little Muslim children on the bus because of that?

I mean, kids ask questions ... right?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join