It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hudsonhawk69
a reply to: infolurker

I am not American... and neither are my children.
I have many friends as do my children...

I don't see colors anymore... and I mean anymore... I am very proud that my children don't define people by their color.

Many of us would like that to be the case, but in American academia, there is a large push to tell our youngsters that being colorblind is actually racist because it invalidates racial/ethnic experiences.

So, yeah, MLK was/is racist now because he had that dream too.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The times they are a changing i suppose.

Seems to me, that some nations, do the morality two-step every 50 years or so with regards to how the perceive principles and race.

It's a rightwing, leftwing dance, that no nation is really exempt from performance to one degree or another. Such is the world in which we exist.

End of the day through one would imagine the information age in which we now live may eventually put pale to our moral ambiguity, lack of clarity, and ethical decision-making pertaining to race, colour, and creed.

Because if communication with one another from across this fair planet teaches us anything, its that we share more similarities than difference.
edit on 15-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
Yes it is an opinion, but it is a racist opinion distributed by leftist media outlet. NY Times is perhaps one of the most racist publications available....right up there with KKK and Nazi propaganda.

NYT is a tool of TPTB and currently seem to be quite left leaning. I find all of this quite disappointing. There's definitely agitation for change, but the communist party has coopted black minorities and woman pretty much since early part of the 20th century. There was Betty Friedan associated with communist party fronts agitating for feminism and Black Liberation Theology and even the movie "The Debater" featured a character involved with
Communism.... just sayin.... it's an agenda

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

More like a shell game to keep us distracted and separated by petty religious and race indifference so "They" can keep us divided thus in the dark regarding there real plan for our masses.

It is an agenda and a very old agenda and chestnut at that.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: makalit

I think you missed my point
The point was the the right flank usually attacks the left with "snowflake". but more than often they themselves act as little snowflakes

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: hudsonhawk69

I am not American... and neither are my children.
I have many friends as do my children...

I don't see colors anymore... and I mean anymore... I am very proud that my children don't define people by their color.

Many of us would like that to be the case, but in American academia, there is a large push to tell our youngsters that being colorblind is actually racist because it invalidates racial/ethnic experiences.

So, yeah, MLK was/is racist now because he had that dream too.

The above is a worthy goal indeed, where one can measure the contents of one character rather than the contents of one's pigmentation or creed, but America and much of the world have yet to fully embraced those high ideals, Emperor Haile Selassie, to the league Of Nations , once said. remade into a song by Bob Marley..(until the color of a man's skin is of no more significant than the color of his eyes, there is war..until the philosophy that holds one race superior and the other inferior there is war.)
In my view some folks want to say there is no "Race" (which I agree with) but at the same time deny racism exist.
edit on 15-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Fact of the matter is that most people probably harbor at least some small measure of racial prejudice to one degree or another just down to geography, superstition, and fear of the unknown, whether they choose to accept it or otherwise.

That being said as the world becomes a smaller place, and as technology and communication progress, possibly one day in the not to distant future skin colour will indeed be no more significant than the colour of one's eyes.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Yeah and it's actually pretty terrifying.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

Whats terrifying is that we refuse to learn from our past historical transgressions.

I mean if you stick your hand on a hot plate, your darn well not going to be up for repeating the action.

The problem lies in our penchant for destruction and very limited lifespan.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

My parents disliked BLACK Americans. We know African Americans, and the two are NOT one in the same. My Father, growing up in Oakland, felt his dislikes were based on actions - NOT on skin color. As a child, it was difficult to believe things my Dad said about blacks. I didn't want to believe people were like that.
Now that I live in Oakland myself, I see it all myself, and know it all was and still is, true. I have no idea what black parents tell their kids as reason to distrust or dislike whites - I am curious if any of the things relate to right now, today - or if it is stuff that happened in the past. I seriously do not have any clue what white people are doing now that gives any black person reason to scoff at us.

What I'm saying, is - unless you can take your kids out and show them examples of what you want them to believe, DON'T fill their heads with your emotional garbage. Don't tell them you are better than that, unless you can explain how you are.
Talk openly about stereotypes, and if they are wrong, show them. When they ask questions, be HONEST.

Obama clearly dislked America, and clearly is a racist. He never hid that fact. He used his one half black to get where he could do the most damage, and did quite a bit. If I was black, I would hate Obama for USING me.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

How do you truly teach color blindness if you have to teach racism with it?

If you teach racism, you have to teach about racial color prejudice, but if you want your kids to pay no more attention to it than they do to whether or not someone has brown or blue or green eyes, red or blonde or black or brown hair, then you sort of have to avoid bringing the subject up don't you?

Once you open that Pandora's box that some people can hate other people just because of skin color, then you can't close the lid again in someone's mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
yes, the author is giving up on hope since obama was not elected to a third term, I swear...

or since obama wasn't totally approved and idolized

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Missed your post, sorry for the tardy reply, but I think you maybe mistaken on two points, one it assumes there is no racism present and so it's all academic.
two a very real risk of repeating the bad old days because we lacked historical knowledge.
The past only matters less when it become irrelevant, no one makes sacrifices to Baal or worshipped Zeus but we still learn about them.

Yes we can use the study of racism without context and further exacerbate problems, it's all about presentation.

Oh to add, it's not about colorblindness but recognising all is beautiful without attaching any moral or social deficit to it.
edit on 20-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I think you mistake what I mean about color blindness.

I am talking about relegating ethnic differences to the same category as hair and eye color.

No one gets upset when someone expresses an attractive preference for blondes over brunettes or maybe they get turned on by red heads. For myself, all my life I've gravitated toward men with dark hair. My husband has black hair. I only ever wound up with an attraction to one man without dark hair in my life.

Now, if I were to express a similar set of attractive preferences aimed at racial/ethnic characteristics today, there are those who would label that racist or bigoted.

Why should it be?

Now, it just so happens that for me, attraction is based more on vagueries of facial structure more than anything to do with skin color. So I can and do find men of any and all ethnicities attractive. Skin color for me doesn't seem to be an attractive factor either as a turn on or off. It has far more to do with facial structure and hair and eye color.

And when it comes to being friendly with people, I like people who are friendly back. I am a geek and it matters more to me that someone can keep up with my dry sense of humor and geek references than what they look like.

I will admit that I have run into very few black geeks, but I seem to have gotten along very well with the ones I have run into. They get their game on just as well as anyone else and that's all I need.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

OK I now understand, thanks for clarifying.. I'm all about variety myself , features, culture ,shades etc.

edit on 20-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wulfrida
a reply to: Justoneman

Why should children of color be fed a lie that whites arent racist, and we have equality? To make white people feel better?

People of any color could be racist. Racism exists in every culture and among all different kinds of people. However, not all individual people are racists.

Automatically assuming a person is a racist ONLY because they are white is the same as assuming a person standing on a street corner is up to no good ONLY because they are black.

edit on 2017/11/20 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Don't think about it too hard. Though I have to admit you are right in your thoughts and feelings

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The liberals never stop with their racist agenda,only ones who promote racism is the liberals,who blame everyone for their ignorance,and name calling,making up story's to try and put them in a better light

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Trump was elected to destroy. We should all be worried. I'm pretty sure he's the first president elected for that purpose.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I can't believe this headline, did a retard write this? This is one of the most insulting things i've read this week. And i've read a lot.

Morgan Freeman I respect, and glad he see's this # like most of us here on ATS do. I do not respect racist people anymore than i respect assholes. It had to be said, it's my week off and i'm having my say!

Ok then.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join