It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Spacespider
Let your kids desire who to befriend, and not mix kids into politics.
let kids me kids

Children don't care about politics.

Hell, adults don't care about politics. They care about rooting for their team likes it's the NFL Super Bowl.

Thats what sports exist, why little school kids are indoctrinated early on. "Divide up" into teams, struggle against one another to accomplish "goals" and get the most points for our side.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Spacespider
Let your kids desire who to befriend, and not mix kids into politics.
let kids me kids

Children don't care about politics.

Hell, adults don't care about politics. They care about rooting for their team likes it's the NFL Super Bowl.

That's the damn truth. No one talks about real issues.

Republicans want smaller government but allow 60% of the federal budget to go towards pointless wars.

The left want social programs but won't admit these wars need to be stopped to do them.

Everyone just wants their team to win while we all get screwed by lobbyists running the show.

Both sides have the same donors for crying out loud, how could people be more blind.
edit on 12-11-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Which? That you just can't be friends with some people because of the color of their skin?

The author of the article is basically saying he's teaching his kids that. They just can't assume they can be friends with white people. Imagine anyone here saying that same thing about any other ethnicity.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Which? That you just can't be friends with some people because of the color of their skin?

The author of the article is basically saying he's teaching his kids that. They just can't assume they can be friends with white people. Imagine anyone here saying that same thing about any other ethnicity.

Apparently you missed the first part about the white supremacists and the real racists. And that we have history of racism. Can black people be friends with the white supremacists and Klansmen?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

a reply to: infolurker

I don't get it? Is being concerned for children's safety bad?

When you teach them they can not be friends with certain people based on the color of their skin, yes.

I don't see them saying that. Also I noticed that nobody mentioned that the rightists were racist towards Obama.

Yeah, I know right? I remember back then when nobody on the left was calling everybody out as a racist constantly.

How is the recovery from your 2008-2016 coma going?

link   

When you teach them they can not be friends with certain people based on the color of their skin, yes.

I don't see them saying that. Also I noticed that nobody mentioned that the rightists were racist towards Obama.

Look again, they flat out say it.

Anyone saying their white kid can't be friends with black people because of Obama is espousing racist views too. I thought Obama was terrible and was encouraging black racism ... and made the most black friends in my life during his presidency.

link   
Still don't understand why people are so outraged over an opinion piece.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I don't understand why you aren't. The only question is enraged at who? The answer should be the author and anyone who supports that thinking. no one else.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Look again, they flat out say it.

Anyone saying their white kid can't be friends with black people because of Obama is espousing racist views too. I thought Obama was terrible and was encouraging black racism ... and made the most black friends in my life during his presidency.

What did he say in the very first paragraph? He was talking about the white supremacists and what happened in Charlottesville. That sets the tone of the entire opinion piece.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I don't understand why you aren't. The only question is enraged at who? The answer should be the author and anyone who supports that thinking. no one else.

Why should I be enraged about someone's opinion? People express their opinions all the time here on ATS and we usually don't get enraged. Calm down.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Apparently you missed the first part about the white supremacists and the real racists. And that we have history of racism. Can black people be friends with the white supremacists and Klansmen?

Unless all white people are supremacists you have no point.

I will have to discuss with my boys whether they can truly be friends with white people.

If that is a question, you are a racist scumbag.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Cry cry cry. LOL.

Well enrage away at unimportant opinion. Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Why should I be enraged about someone's opinion? People express their opinions all the time here on ATS and we usually don't get enraged. Calm down.

Then I expect when someone espouses klan views for you to also wonder why people are all worked up over it.

Me, I will be enraged over that racist garbage too.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Republicans want smaller government but allow 60% of the federal budget to go towards pointless wars.

You might want to take at look at those FY18 numbers again...

The government will spend $4.094 trillion. Most of this (62 percent) pays for mandated benefits, such as Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

www.thebalance.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Then I expect when someone espouses klan views for you to also wonder why people are all worked up over it.

Me, I will be enraged over that racist garbage too.

I enrage over white supremacists and what happened in Charlottesville just like this author did. Hello? He was concerned for his children's safety. That's all there is to it.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Racists exist in all ethnicities though. Is it OK for me to teach my own son that he just can't assume he can be friends with any black kid or any Hispanic one? After all, BLM and the Black Panthers exist, so does La Raza and the radical Reconquista factions. Who knows? His classmates might be *those* kinds of kids.

See how wrong that attitude would be if I were teaching him from that perspective?

Instead I told him what matters is if you like someone, not what they look like.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is it OK for me to teach my own son that he just can't assume he can be friends with any black kid or any Hispanic one?

Of course not.

link   

Yes, all what ... 500 of them who came from all over the country. Split them out over 50 states and you have 10/state average. I'm sure that's a huge risk.

link   

Why would you get so worked up over someone's opinion? calm down dude, its their opinion stop crying

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Judge people based on their actions, not the color of their skin. I'm friends with all races. I know whites who are more criminal than any black or Hispanic person I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join