It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

My dogs are racists. Just thought you'd all like to know. When I lived in the south they lost their minds every time a non-white person came around (they didn't mind most asians though, which is odd). I was always embarrassed but dogs don't understand.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

My dogs are racists. Just thought you'd all like to know. When I lived in the south they lost their minds every time a non-white person came around (they didn't mind most asians though, which is odd). I was always embarrassed but dogs don't understand.

Why did you continue to associate with them? Obviously you condoned their views. Everyone who ever came over your house must be a racist.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Obviously. That's the only logical explanation. lol
edit on 13-11-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Don't be triggered guys. You kids can still be friends with whomever/whoever they want to be friends with.

I just checked. Mine are and the world didn't end. LOL

Didn't see a single "progressive leftist' trying to stop them from being friends with any of the kids on the block.

Take a deep breath. it's okay.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
shhh! dont let THEM know that WE are getting
Them to do the segregation for us!
Ha ha ha and they fell for it.

whites could never do the segregation again.
they would go mad!
but this way they go mad For segregation.
a win win for whites

best add this or they will think I am being racist!
This Is Sarcasm !

edit on 13-11-2017 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Yes. You loved your racist dogs didn't you?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
History seems to be repeating itself...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Don't be triggered guys. You kids can still be friends with whomever/whoever they want to be friends with.

Didn't see a single "progressive leftist' trying to stop them from being friends with any of the kids on the block.

Oh, we're not triggered by that. Clearly, we've all said we teach our kids to be friends with whomever. It's just other people who teach their kids not to be friends with ours because ... you know ... racists.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Maybe we both just look dodgy?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Hell, the progressive leftest are pouring it on thick as of late aren't they? I swear they will not be happy until they have implemented segregation again. What the hell is really the goal here? A united America sure as hell does not seem one of them.

(I assume the goal is "If you do not support our agenda and causes 100% then you are the enemy". Anyone else get that feeling?)

www.nytimes.com...

It is impossible to convey the mixture of heartbreak and fear I feel for him. Donald Trump’s election has made it clear that I will teach my boys the lesson generations old, one that I for the most part nearly escaped. I will teach them to be cautious, I will teach them suspicion, and I will teach them distrust. Much sooner than I thought I would, I will have to discuss with my boys whether they can truly be friends with white people.

I do not write this with liberal condescension or glee. My heart is unbearably heavy when I assure you we cannot be friends.

For African-Americans, race has become a proxy not just for politics but also for decency. White faces are swept together, ominous anxiety behind every chance encounter at the airport or smiling white cashier. If they are not clearly allies, they will seem unsafe to me.

This is a highly insightful editorial. In it, the author clearly explains why the experience for black Americans is different from that of white Americans. She backs up her assertions with plenty of examples.

Instead of getting offended and clutching your pearls, maybe you should just listen. This woman's voice is equally valid to your own.

I don't have kids. But if I did, I would need to have a talk with them about the discrimination and stigma that they may face. Not because of the color of their skin, but because they would have two dads.

At work, we discuss this issue. How, in this day and age, black males are more at risk of being pulled over for minor infractions. Black parents must have this conversation with their children. It would be neglectful parenting if they did not.

I also work with a lady who is Muslim. Immediately after the election, a schoolmate of one of her kids told him that Trump will send him back to Pakistan. He's only in third grade.

Ask yourself -- why is the writer of this editorial speaking out? She clearly is pained by the continued realization that, in America, people still aren't treated equally.

Please, just listen and stop judging. You will learn something. It can enrich your life to try empathy instead of indulging in kneejerk reactions.

edit on 13-11-2017 by icanteven because: deleted a sentence that was off topic

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

So tonight I will sit down with my son and say:

So honey, you need to aware that most of your classmates will hate you and mistrust you because you have white skin. They won't know that you have Native American blood and are actually mixed race. They won't care because all they will see is your white skin, and as far as they are concerned, it means that everything comes easier to you. They won't care that you have Auditory Processing Disorder and have to struggle mightily to hear what your teacher is saying correctly and concentrate on her while they act out in class. It won't matter to them that you have Dysgraphia and have to work tens as hard for ten times as long to write what they slap down on the paper in mere minutes. They'll never understand those fights, and they won't care. They'll just think that everything you work for and earn and struggle mightily to achieve was handed to you because you have white skin. They'll call it white privilege and they'll be jealous of you for it."

Yes, empathy does go a long way ...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So tonight I will sit down with my son and say:

So honey, you need to aware that most of your classmates will hate you and mistrust you because you have white skin. They won't know that you have Native American blood and are actually mixed race. They won't care because all they will see is your white skin, and as far as they are concerned, it means that everything comes easier to you. They won't care that you have Auditory Processing Disorder and have to struggle mightily to hear what your teacher is saying correctly and concentrate on her while they act out in class. It won't matter to them that you have Dysgraphia and have to work tens as hard for ten times as long to write what they slap down on the paper in mere minutes. They'll never understand those fights, and they won't care. They'll just think that everything you work for and earn and struggle mightily to achieve was handed to you because you have white skin. They'll call it white privilege and they'll be jealous of you for it."

Yes, empathy does go a long way ...

I guess you could, if you want someone to feel sorry for themselves for having privilege. Is that what you're trying to say?

There is a lot of discrimination against the disabled, so I do think it would be good to talk about auditory processing disorder and dysgraphia. There will be ignorant people your son will encounter.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: amazing

Oh, we're not triggered by that. Clearly, we've all said we teach our kids to be friends with whomever. It's just other people who teach their kids not to be friends with ours because ... you know ... racists.

I've never had that happen though to myself or my kids. It's not happening in Vegas.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So what I'm reading is "black people fear and mistrust white people." It's been a long standing source of jokes that white people fear and mistrust black people. That....that sounds like equality to me. Fear, the bad man's respect.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I confess, I still love them, even though they're racists!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

AFTER a HARD style KARATE class?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: ketsuko

AFTER a HARD style KARATE class?

I don't know if it's a hard style, but he is in tae kwon do. That's mainly because it's an individual thing, not team which would be difficult for him to process right now. Just being able to concentrate enough in a loud environment to follow what they're doing is a good enough challenge at the moment.

He'll be testing for his orange belt on Friday. We'll see how it goes.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The writer is going to be on Tucker's show today, I think.

That should be interesting.

I agree it's a racist piece of writing.

I feel for his kids.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

icanteven, I really appreciate what you have to say and your particular perspective.

I must disagree with one point uniquely, however. As a former LEO, I find it difficult to believe black males are targeted for frequently for traffic stops. This is because no one is specifically "targeted" in regard to traffic stops. They are conducted when an officer witnesses a vehicle violate a traffic law or some other law. There are no quotas to meet, and no profile for the average traffic offender. Although these types of contacts do sometimes lead to discovery of other criminal activity, this isn't the result of targeting people of specific demographics (because race/sex/age etc don't accurately predict crime).

That being said, I do feel that the number of people in jail for non-violent offenses is staggering. I believe (personally) that young POC are especially adversely impacted by the rate at which these crimes affect the black community. They result in children not having a father in all/part of their lives. Sociologists and psychologists believe that having both parents active in the child's life is crucial to social development and respect for laws and other people in society. This may in result lead to more young people committing petty crimes and traffic offenses which are reflected in certain statistics with policing.

I am not saying that there aren't a few bad apple officers out there, but they are the rare exception. They stand against everything the vast majority of good LEOs stand for and believe in. I think policing has come a long way over the years, and officers are more active in the communities today then they ever have been. I think it is critical they continue to make inroads with the citizens they serve and protect, in order to get to know the community they serve and focus on policing issues that matter most to the community.

Children do not have to be fearful or mistrustful of police. 99.9% of officers are dedicated to their communities and are actually pretty nice people if you take the time to get to know them.

edit on 11/13/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If it is true then we have to stop it. If it is a racist teaching his child the ropes, well I have a problem with them brainwashing kids. Your narrative is a lie. Blacks are free in America but not in the Middle East or Africa right this minute there are slaves over their being beaten, raped and gruesomely murdered and some thug being killed while resisting arrest is more important to you. SMH!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join