It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Omg it's too early in the morning to read stuff like that...NYT is officially out of their minds. What a tool for Marxist race warfare. Thanks Obama, Antifa, and BLM. This is getting so crazy. Aren't people getting tired of it?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

As you can see from members on ats they see no problem teaching future generations to not trust others based on their race.

Humans never change just a different flavor

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Now who prejudice & racist ?
This sword cuts both ways, training it into our children just perpetuates this futility of stupidity.
Children are never born prejudice or racist their environment and parental guidance will send them one way or the other.
This is a very bad parent.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Omg it's too early in the morning to read stuff like that...NYT is officially out of their minds. What a tool for Marxist race warfare. Thanks Obama, Antifa, and BLM. This is getting so crazy. Aren't people getting tired of it?

Absolutely, whole-heartedly 110% am tired of it.

It ensures I will turn out to each and every election though (I'd have done that anyhow). I usually vote (R) down the ticket, unless there is someone I don't like in which case I simply won't vote for that office. Since votes follow party lines (usually), I can't in good faith vote for any Dem - they have enabled Marxists and race/sex/false claim baiters for far too long.

The only way to stop that behavior is to treat it how we did when we defeated the PC culture.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Spacespider
Let your kids desire who to befriend, and not mix kids into politics.
let kids me kids

Children don't care about politics.

Hell, adults don't care about politics. They care about rooting for their team likes it's the NFL Super Bowl.

Republicans want smaller government but allow 60% of the federal budget to go towards pointless wars.

I realize this is way back in this thread, but I just have to call out disinformation when I see it. Even if the entire military budget went towards the wars, which it doesn't, it's not even close to 60% of the federal budget. It's more like 16%. This 60% nonsense came from a misleading pie chart that circulated on social media showing military spending takes up nearly 60% of discretionary spending, which is only part of the total budget.

On topic, the saddest part of this is I was not one bit surprised when I saw this. Nor am I shocked that there are people in this thread defending the idea that it's ok to choose your friends based on skin color, as long as those people you're judging by their skin color are white. The author of this piece is a racist, and anyone defending her ideas is a racist. I know you don't think you're a racist, but most racists don't. You are. And you are the reason this country can't get anywhere with race relations. You are the problem. You keep racism alive. Stop seeing everything through lenses of color and open your mind, bigot.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I'm gonna ask again, who the fk!! created Dylan Roof, since some of you guys wanna go party line on this, while we are at it ?? the freakin Alt Right turned out to be gaddamn torch bearing Nazis.I called it right nearly 2yrs ago while many poo pooed me to death.

edit on 13-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

There's a very good analysis of the authors intentions at: www.thedailysheeple.com...

He notes:

It’s just another article attempting to shame whites for being, well, white. Yankah counts on The New York Times’ liberal audience to sympathize with his argument and ask themselves what more can they do for radicals like this law professor. Voting for Democrats isn’t enough. Being a good neighbor to non-whites isn’t enough. Showing no sign of racism isn’t enough. You must use all your time and energy protesting Trump and advocating for the Black Lives Matter agenda in order to earn trust from non-whites. Otherwise, you’re in the same league as those irredeemable Trump voters. The deeper meaning of Yankah’s article is that whiteness is itself the 21st century’s Mark of Cain. Bearing that skin color means one is born with the taint of sin from historical injustices and present election outcomes. One can only atone for this inherent evil by trying to be the wokest white dude possible, and never criticize the actions of those who don’t bear this awful color."

My takeaway from all this is that for the Progressive Leftists, consideration of active discrimination against US Whites is no longer unthinkable. Frankly, I'd hope that every white parent in the country read this op-ed piece and absorbed its genuine meaning and intent.

As a "society" the US is going right over the cliff.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

I love when non-minorities claim to have minorities interests at heart when the truth is, they have a sh!t life life through their own doing and want to take it out on someone else to make them feel better about themselves.

If you are a minority yourself then wtf do you know what it's like to be white?

See how easy it is to twist this bullsh!t?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

There's a very good analysis of the authors intentions at: www.thedailysheeple.com...

He notes:

It’s just another article attempting to shame whites for being, well, white. Yankah counts on The New York Times’ liberal audience to sympathize with his argument and ask themselves what more can they do for radicals like this law professor. Voting for Democrats isn’t enough. Being a good neighbor to non-whites isn’t enough. Showing no sign of racism isn’t enough. You must use all your time and energy protesting Trump and advocating for the Black Lives Matter agenda in order to earn trust from non-whites. Otherwise, you’re in the same league as those irredeemable Trump voters. The deeper meaning of Yankah’s article is that whiteness is itself the 21st century’s Mark of Cain. Bearing that skin color means one is born with the taint of sin from historical injustices and present election outcomes. One can only atone for this inherent evil by trying to be the wokest white dude possible, and never criticize the actions of those who don’t bear this awful color."

My takeaway from all this is that for the Progressive Leftists, consideration of active discrimination against US Whites is no longer unthinkable. Frankly, I'd hope that every white parent in the country read this op-ed piece and absorbed its genuine meaning and intent.

As a "society" the US is going right over the cliff.

This went viral on social media, so many white parents have seen this. While I do share your concern for our society, I do have to point out most of our society rejects this racist nonsense. This having gone viral is bad news for the author, because this crap turns off most reasonable people. They only hurt their cause with this racist propaganda.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I am a progressive, liberal, or whatever you want to pigeonhole me as. Yet I do support violence, segregation, etc. I do support that which benefits all people in America (and globally, for that matter), peace, and tolerance. Those who continue to bash the left or the right or whoever are but falling into the mindless trap of the elite, the division game played by both Democrats and Republicans alike as proxies to their corporate sponsors. There are far more voters outside of the two party system, thus collectively we have the power to bring establishment politics to its knees. Keeping us divided is but a win for the wealthy. I'm tired of this personally, and would like to see our government represent all people and protect our individual rights. I cannot do it alone, however. Pajama people, wake up and join me in a revolution for the working class.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The danger I see in this is that this is precisely the tack they are taking in the Colleges and Universities, so regardless of the fact that many "reasonable" people don't share the authors viewpoint, its likely that going forward, as more and more youth are indoctrinated in this, there will be fewer and fewer "reasonable" people.

This view point is, as well, going to create a backlash as well and it won't be pretty. Ultimately, people will be forced to take sides. This could get ugly fast.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yes Wide Eyes, context and history in your world played no part, and what does it feel to be "White"??? donno but in general , life without being an auto suspect must feel relatively good..

edit on 13-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Obvious troll in this thread is obvious. They always are in every thread they post in I've seen.

Remember the golden rules folks. Don't feed the trolls. It just encourages them.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I don't get it? Is being concerned for children's safety bad?

When you teach them they can not be friends with certain people based on the color of their skin, yes.

I don't see them saying that.

This part of the OP's article seemed to suggest that the color of a person's skin should be used to determine whether that person is safe or unsafe to befriend. That is, the author seems to be saying that if another person has a different color skin than they do, that other person should automatically be distrusted because of that difference in skin color.

"...For African-Americans, race has become a proxy not just for politics but also for decency. White faces are swept together, ominous anxiety behind every chance encounter at the airport or smiling white cashier. If they are not clearly allies, they will seem unsafe to me."

Saying "different skin color than me = someone I will automatically distrust unless reason is given to feel otherwise" seems to be quite a poor generalization to make.

I mean, I'm a white person, but I don't automatically distrust or feel ominous anxiety behind (to use the OP's examples) a chance encounter at the airport with a black person. And that black person I encounter at the airport should not automatically feel unsafe around me because of my race.

I have a daughter who is now an adult, but when she was growing up I can assure you that I NEVER taught her that people with a different skin color than hers should automatically be distrusted/should be someone with whom they should automatically feel unsafe being around just because of the skin color.

edit on 2017/11/13 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

In this I agree , the author made wide sweeping assumptions based off ethnicity, one simply cannot do that, it is in fact lazy and isolationist.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Box of Rain

In this I agree , the author made wide sweeping assumptions based off ethnicity, one simply cannot do that, it is in fact lazy and isolationist.

It's racist, let's not ignore the elephant in the room. Trying to call it other things, perpetuates the problem.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: face23785

The danger I see in this is that this is precisely the tack they are taking in the Colleges and Universities, so regardless of the fact that many "reasonable" people don't share the authors viewpoint, its likely that going forward, as more and more youth are indoctrinated in this, there will be fewer and fewer "reasonable" people.

This view point is, as well, going to create a backlash as well and it won't be pretty. Ultimately, people will be forced to take sides. This could get ugly fast.

Quite right, which is why it's more important than ever that we do what we can to ensure college kids are exposed to alternative viewpoints. Support groups like Turning Point USA and Future Female Leaders that are trying to undo the stifling of conservative voices on campuses.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I don't know, I get looked at suspiciously all the time. What does the colour of my skin have to do with anything?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

You'd know if you were naturally heavily melaninated .

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join