It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Fear is the mind killer...

(Sorry, couldn't help myself. Had to quote it.)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Fear is the mind killer...

(Sorry, couldn't help myself. Had to quote it.)

LOL. I love Dune.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The scene where House Atreides holds the state dinner after arriving on Arrakis is still some of the best sci fi writing I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I thought David Lynch did pretty good with the movie considering.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alienthe perfect example of propaganda our children have to live with
why cant i go out with him ? because he has a different color.
that was the 60s this op is still in the past only white cashers? lol wow

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: Deaf Alienthe perfect example of propaganda our children have to live with

Yeah I saw that. He perceives racism coming back again like in the 60's because of Charlottesville and the white supremacy and KKK marches. And how Trump said there are fine people on both sides (I know he should have said it better) and how black people were denied rental at Trump's apts. That's where the fear is coming from.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yeah I saw that. He perceives racism coming back again like in the 60's because of Charlottesville and the white supremacy and KKK marches. And how Trump said there are fine people on both sides (I know he should have said it better) and how black people were denied rental at Trump's apts. That's where the fear is coming from.

its not every gun and not every white person...but with the right push from the media there can be trouble.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

its not every gun and not every white person...but with the right push from the media there can be trouble.

The media has always been trouble since the beginning of time.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

Colorblind is now a microagression. If they carry that on into university, they will get in trouble because they are minimizing the impact of color and race.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Colorblind is now a microagression. If they carry that on into university, they will get in trouble because they are minimizing the impact of color and race.
they've all grown up and move on with there microagression, lol
ive seen both my Boy and Girl practice so much microagression right here under my roof lol

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: infolurker

My kids arent white. Im not African american, but not white either.

I didnt need to teach my kids that lesson, experience taught them it young.

It's a hard lesson to be forced to learn young.

My youngest son is the sweetest, kindest most lovely kid. I fear for him. People judge on appearance first. They understand comply, comply with law enforcement, have minimal conversation with white people until you jnow you can trust them. Forget making other people comfortable, be polite, be safe, be good Christians, stay away from trouble. Because life will come down on them hard if they dont.

There are some whites who are hostile, some prove to be friends. Whichever, I teach them to protect themselves first. Because they are mine and I love them, and the world is a wicked place.

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I don't understand why you aren't. The only question is enraged at who? The answer should be the author and anyone who supports that thinking. no one else.

Why should I be enraged about someone's opinion? People express their opinions all the time here on ATS and we usually don't get enraged. Calm down.

So I will not be seeing you offering your counter thoughts on topics in the future? Transparency is good, unless you are completely transparent, then you look like nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I don't understand why you aren't. The only question is enraged at who? The answer should be the author and anyone who supports that thinking. no one else.

Why should I be enraged about someone's opinion? People express their opinions all the time here on ATS and we usually don't get enraged. Calm down.

So I will not be seeing you offering your counter thoughts on topics in the future? Transparency is good, unless you are completely transparent, then you look like nothing.

I have already given my counter thoughts and opinions in this thread and will continue to do so in the future.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I know. It's nuts, and mine is pretty well caught no matter which way I try to take him being mixed heritage. So can't do anything else except tell him to like who he likes.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It was too easy to be "racist" toward Obama. All you had to do was disagree with anything he did.

No all you have to do is equate him and his wife to chimps and gorillas, have his effigies in nooses, saying he wasn't American etc.
For the record, I've disagreed with some of Obama's policies and laid bare his fkups here and elsewhere but no visceral hatred of the man.
But let's not pretend that many here and elsewhere didn't hate him not only for his policies but more so for his packaging.
edit on 12-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

But let's not pretend that many here and elsewhere didn't hate him not only for his policies but more so for his packaging.

And let's not make assumptions.

Are you saying that many here who constantly talk about Cheeto Jesus, or any of the other nasty and disparaging names used for Trump only hate him for his packaging?

I never make that mistake.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yet if a white person writes this same article in reference to any other color the Times would be blasted for giving a platform to a racist, and the author would be hounded into hiding.

Yea I love my country but good lord at times I hate my countrymen.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is orange racism a thing?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I know. It's nuts, and mine is pretty well caught no matter which way I try to take him being mixed heritage. So can't do anything else except tell him to like who he likes.
i was one of them sorry to say no black guy going to date my white daughter ....and I've got black friends that say the same.
but after some of the white trash she went out with the black guy had better up bringing.
same with the boy black girl white parents, adopted. lol after 32 years of raising kids they taught me a lot..
edit on 12-11-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join