It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Tony Podesta Been Arrested?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: seagull

I personally want each and every corrupt politician regardless of party to face harsh punishment for public corruption.

Absolutely, yes. All the crooks need to be held to account before democracy as we know it is destroyed, and we wind up electing populist ideologues who no respect for Democracy, who just want power for themselves.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Manafort is a flight risk. His perp walk was news around the world. Why would Podesta who has only so far failed to register as a foreign agent be different? I just don't think he's been arrested. There's no proof, there's no evidence to suggest it. Only conjecture.

And if course this will eventually be unwound. I have no doubt about that.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think it means that time is running out for every single politician who abused public trust for personal gain. People without intelligence/skills/talents who made fortunes by selling influence. Non-government officials (people) who have made this possible by their equivocations and excuses. The apologists and enablers are just as guilty as the actors

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Agreed neo

They are just as guilty as the corrupt officials they enable/support/excuse.

link   
a reply to: loam

Ongoing Investigation

Arrest records pertaining to investigations that are ongoing may be exempted. The federal Freedom of Information Act and similar statutes in many states have an exemption to this effect.

Public Safety

If law enforcement feels that revealing information in an arrest record poses a potential risk to public safety, it may not release such records. Alternatively, the record may be closed if it would endanger public safety.

Thank you! I knew they had some way to legally keep this -- or any arrest -- from us if they wanted to. I would also expect that they would be released to house arrest under those circumstances to avoid further scrutiny or suspicion.

Like others have wondered, will we soon see him out and about with some kind of ankle apparatus?

link   
a reply to: Painterz

Agreed. Regardless of who those crooks are, they are subject to the same laws the rest of us are and it is high time they be held to account for their actions.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I don't think he has been arrested yet, either. But I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

One thing I'd say is certain is that he will likely be facing charges for his role in the foreign influence/corruption probe.

I believe a lot of people are going to be swept up in this probe. And it couldn't come quick enough.

Not only do I believe Mueller's probe should continue, but his staff/funding should be increased 100 fold.

edit on 11/12/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fluff007

Considering that Manaforts indictment was sealed for only 48 _hours from when it was filed I'd bet that these others are unrelated to this. The idea of additional indictments being issued first appeared the week after those two were revealed but no new arrests have been made. ( yeah yeah I know...) It's been two weeks and nothing.
Consider also that it is very early in the investigation and many law makers were surprised with the speed with which these first arrests were made. Expecting another big move is premature and historically unwarranted. Counting chickens before they hatch so to speak.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
That's fine
Just so you know I'm not saying that at all.

edit on 11122017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Possible house arrest.
He may in need of a matching McCain and Hillary sprained-ankle cast/boot.

Do you really believe this boot nonsense?

I can't believe anyone really thinks McCain and Hillary are under house arrest and we have heard nothing about it.

I am very open minded to conspiracy theory's but that just sounds stupid to me.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Is that a new theory? I don't know how I missed it.
That's funny.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Understood

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

👌

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: purplemer

No, he has not been arrested. You can see the list of people that have been charged under Muller's counsel at this link:

www.justice.gov...

Podesta's arrest may be sealed.

Too big to manage in the MSM.

They kept Papadopolous's arrest sealed for a couple of months.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No it wasn't sealed. No one paid attention to it. He appeared in court and everything. Court isn't sealed lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It is not very early in the investigation. Looks to me like they're wrapping things up, given the low level (and various unrelated) charges we've seen.

None of the charges relate to any kind of "collusion" or "conspiracy" between POTUS and a foreign country. Some of his campaign associates were clearly dirty, as are plenty of DC insiders. All DC insiders should be subject to constant surveillance to ensure compliance with the law - since no flapping head can be trusted to follow the law or tell the truth.

The indictments may be from a source other than Mueller, as well. Plenty of other investigations (at least three) relating to that period of time. Uranium1 is also under investigation (I believe by congress, and Trump has called on the DOJ to investigate U1 also + DNC fraud)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You shouldn't be.

But too many would be. If you aren't among 'em, that's fantastic.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Off topic, but how on Earth did you post that emoticon?

I love it

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No it wasn't sealed. No one paid attention to it. He appeared in court and everything. Court isn't sealed lol.

SHhurrrrr ...

The FBI arrested Papadopoulos in Virginia on August 1, 2017. ... Keeping the entire proceeding under seal for a month after his plea

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Abso-f'n-lutely!!

If it were to bring down the power elite of this country, irregardless of supposed ideology, I'd host a party. Trump. Podesta. Clinton (any of 'em). Who the Hell ever.

It'll be painful. It'd be Watergate times ten thousand. Any investigation, properly done, would probably find connections to Watergate, since some of the names from then, are here now.

I hope this has at least some basis in reality, and isn't, as they say, fake news...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join