It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines President Duterte Hosts President Trump - They Have Very Similar Personalities.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

NVM
edit on 12-11-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I wasn't expressing a desire to see President Trump emulate Duterte. Was merely stating an opinion that both men have similar personalities. They're not clones. Just similar.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They're both narcissists with sociopathic tendencies?

edit on 11/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

You f*uck with my countrymen, I won’t let you off the hook. Never mind about the human rights advocates.”

Thats addressed to the external influences that import all the dope thats plaguing his 'countrymen'.

Go head on, dude!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Comparing Trump to one of the most sadistic mass murderers in our time? Who regrets the rapes he missed? Who murders children in the street? Who reveres Hitler?

Is this what you are hoping Trump becomes?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They're both narcissists with sociopathic tendencies?

Can't say. I've never looked up the definition of either of those conditions.

I had CNN in mind when saying that. President Trump would like to do far more to that FAKE network than bash them on cute wrestling videos.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You f*uck with my countrymen, I won’t let you off the hook. Never mind about the human rights advocates.”

Thats addressed to the external influences that import all the dope thats plaguing his 'countrymen'.

Go head on, dude!

Fiercely protecting the people of their respective countries against external threats, to the point of bending or breaking rules to accomplish that, is one thing Trump/Duterte have in common.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Comparing Trump to one of the most sadistic mass murderers in our time? Who regrets the rapes he missed? Who murders children in the street? Who reveres Hitler?

Is this what you are hoping Trump becomes?

Re-read my O.P.. Abysha. At no point did I say that I hope President Trump becomes like Duterte, or anyone else.

edit on 11/12/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

They Have Very Similar Personalities.

Is that from your experience as a psychologist or as a layman observer or can you relate to Duterte from your childhood being in and out of prison.

I have a bachelor's in psychology, although, I will admit there are limitations there but I do think that there are similarities in their personalities; horrendously narcissistic, grandiose, mind blind, pathological liars, etc...

I haven't been to prison though, I'll admit, but neither has Donald Trump.

Also, isn't the OP the same member who thought that Donald Trump was Moses or some such silliness?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

to the point of bending or breaking rules to accomplish that, is one thing Trump/Duterte have in common.

Indeed. Why worry about things like the Constitution and courts and laws and stuff? They're just annoying impediments to the agenda.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: slider1982

a reply to: Bigburgh

There are so many moving and interacting parts in that area of the world. Did Duterte try to remove our U.S. Naval base from the Philippines?

He ordered all US troops out of the country, stating "I will never defeat the Islamic and Isis threat whilst there are US forces within the Philippines", or words to that effect, make of that what you will.....

RA

Then we're now OUT of the Philippines? No more U.S. Navy base? Wow. I didn't know that. It was THRIVING when I was in the Navy.

you really must keep up with the times. Subic was closed in 1991. that would be 26 years ago now. it is now a Freeport and tourist recreation area. although the US was planning on opening new bases as of last year.

as for kicking out all American forces because he could not defeat the muslim terrorists, that is a laugh since he relied on help from the US, in at least an advisory role to win the little war for Marawi that was going on for several months, leaving the city in ruins, against some of those muslim terrorists.

sure Duterte and Trump share some similarities. both are loud mouthed and uncouth speakers. and both were voted in by people who have had enough with the way government has been run. and both Trump and Duterte have about half of the population strongly in support of them, while the other half are strongly opposed to them. and both have an awful lot of people wanting them impeached. although at least those calling for Duterte to be impeached have actual valid reasons for wanting it. yet i don't recall Trump calling for and supporting the murder of people just by accusing them of being involved with drugs. having political opponents that were voted into office locked up on trumped up drug allegations. (which is almost funny considering one has to suspect that Duterte is strung out on drugs most of the time). nor has Trump in official speeches said he would fully support his troops raping citizens. Trump has also not even come close to threatening marshal law on the country many times. and now threatening forming a revolutionary government so he can throw out the constitution and those who rightly oppose him, to have his way. in all fairness a better comparison would be that Duterte is more like Kim Jong Un. being quite likely a mentally deranged, loose cannon. one who constantly makes threats and rattles his sword. you could even say Duterte is like Hillary and Bernie in thaty his supporters would support him no matter what.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Go head on, dude!

Fiercely protecting the people of their respective countries against external threats, to the point of bending or breaking rules to accomplish that, is one thing Trump/Duterte have in common.

Except US is fiercely offending other countries, inside their borders, while détente is protecting his own homeland, inside the Philippines.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

So do you think Trump will end up a mass murderer like his buddy Duterte, dishing up extra-judicial punishments?
edit on 12-11-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

They Have Very Similar Personalities.

Is that from your experience as a psychologist or as a layman observer or can you relate to Duterte from your childhood being in and out of prison.

I haven't been to prison though, I'll admit, but neither has Donald Trump.

Also, isn't the OP the same member who thought that Donald Trump was Moses or some such silliness?

Yep..that's me! Donald Trump is like a lot of tough guys.. Moses being one of them!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

to the point of bending or breaking rules to accomplish that, is one thing Trump/Duterte have in common.

Indeed. Why worry about things like the Constitution and courts and laws and stuff? They're just annoying impediments to the agenda.

Good point. Laws created by MAN, can be ignored, changed, broken by MAN.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

LOL.. I don't have to keep up with all the little things when you're here to keep us up-to-date and current, Generik. Thank-you for that nice summary...and for letting me know that Subic Bay Naval Station is CLOSED.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Go head on, dude!

Except US is fiercely offending other countries, inside their borders, while détente is protecting his own homeland, inside the Philippines.

CNN complained today that President Trump didn't take a "hard line" with leaders he's visited. (CNN wouldn't be happy no matter what.) But if these nations were/are "offended" by President Trump during his visit, you'll have to point out a source, or something.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

So do you think Trump will end up a mass murderer like his buddy Duterte, dishing up extra-judicial punishments?

I can't think of a modern President who hasn't been responsible for the deaths of lots of people, Bgerbger.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Does God condone murder? Or is Dutarte doing God's work for him? Does he have a direct line?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

I can't think of a modern President who hasn't been responsible for the deaths of lots of people, Bgerbger.

What about a hands on murderer? Can you see your buddy Trump going the same way?

www.newsweek.com...

Rodrigo Duterte, the firebrand president of the Philippines, admitted to a new murder on Friday, telling a gathering in Vietnam that he stabbed a person to death when he was just 16.

In December 2016, the Philippine leader, who is set to meet President Donald Trump and regional leaders at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit Friday, admitted to personally killing suspected criminals in the southern city of Davao, where he served as mayor.

But, speaking to Philippine nationals in the Vietnamese town city of Da Nang, he said his violent exploits began at a younger age, and over more trivial matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join