It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines President Duterte Hosts President Trump - They Have Very Similar Personalities.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte will host President Trump in Manila, this coming Monday. Duterte seems to be a real life "bad hombre", as Trump likes to say. His leadership style is probably similar to how President Trump would like to lead/run the United States, if he could.

During part of his speech at the Vietnam Summit, which he delivered in mixed English and Filipino, the Philippine president suggested that he was not afraid of going to prison. “Jail? Jeez. When I was a teenager, I was in and out of jail. One fight there, another here – at the age of 16, I killed someone".

He then added that, if he was comfortable killing as a teenager, “even moreso as president. You f*uck with my countrymen, I won’t let you off the hook. Never mind about the human rights advocates.”

Duterte is scheduled to meet personally with Trump on November 13th, when they both arrive in Manila. Last month, Duterte promised to treat Trump “in the most righteous way” but later warned the leader of the free world to “lay off” human rights while in the Philippines.

Excerpted From: www.breitbart.com...

Is it likely that every leader of the Asian nations that Trump has visited on this tour, is ruthless and strict? They're just more low-keyed about it than Rodrigo Duterte?

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/12/2017 by carewemust because: edited out naughty word in article. tisk tisk!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

S&F..

Well terrorist are running around in the Philippines. At first he wanted the U.S out. What's to come now..

Who knows?😆😆

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

They Have Very Similar Personalities.

Is that from your experience as a psychologist or as a layman observer or can you relate to Duterte from your childhood being in and out of prison.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

There are so many moving and interacting parts in that area of the world. Did Duterte try to remove our U.S. Naval base from the Philippines?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

edit on 11/12/2017 by carewemust because: doube post removed.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

They Have Very Similar Personalities.

Is that from your experience as a psychologist or as a layman observer or can you relate to Duterte from your childhood being in and out of prison.

"Layman Observer". Opinion based on recollected observations going back a few years, and a Booleen Google search using the "And" operator, on the names, Duterte and Trump.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It sounds as though you may be a victim of the dumbing down of America. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
is ruthless and strict? They're just more low-keyed about it than Rodrigo Duterte?

-CareWeMust

Filipino society called for a leader that would take charge, you can forget the political correctness and western liberal ideals that at times burden the running of western nations, a example of this is the massive rise in crime in London and the UK on the whole. The Police are paralyzed to do anything as they do not want to be seen as targeting groups or cultures.

www.theguardian.com...

This mindset does not exist in the Philippines and that is why Duterte has such a high approval rating, possible the highest of any nation. Trump may well want to emulate aspects of Duterte but he will never be successful as there are to many people with their head in the sand that are more than happy to continue making excuses for personal and cultural failings.

People in the Philippines feel for the first time they actually have control of their country, can the average citizen in the west say the same???., if current events are anything to go by certainly not, and they are powerless to change that....

RA

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
It sounds as though you may be a victim of the dumbing down of America. a reply to: carewemust

I'm going to start a thread on that word..."victim". It's over-used, IMO. I am not a victim! If you feel that I'm being "dumbed down", at least give me credit for doing it to myself, dammit.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Everyone!

Slander..
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
"he is suing the TV network for slander"
verb
make false and damaging statements about (someone).
"they were accused of slandering the head of state"
synonyms: defame (someone's character), blacken someone's name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint..

Libelous
a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering; More...

Focus😠

Leaving this..
edit on 12-11-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

There are so many moving and interacting parts in that area of the world. Did Duterte try to remove our U.S. Naval base from the Philippines?

He ordered all US troops out of the country, stating "I will never defeat the Islamic and Isis threat whilst there are US forces within the Philippines", or words to that effect, make of that what you will.....

RA

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

is ruthless and strict? They're just more low-keyed about it than Rodrigo Duterte?

-CareWeMust

Filipino society called for a leader that would take charge, you can forget the political correctness and western liberal ideals that at times burden the running of western nations, a example of this is the massive rise in crime in London and the UK on the whole. The Police are paralyzed to do anything as they do not want to be seen as targeting groups or cultures.

www.theguardian.com...

This mindset does not exist in the Philippines and that is why Duterte has such a high approval rating, possible the highest of any nation. Trump may well want to emulate aspects of Duterte but he will never be successful as there are to many people with their head in the sand that are more than happy to continue making excuses for personal and cultural failings.

People in the Philippines feel for the first time they actually have control of their country, can the average citizen in the west say the same???., if current events are anything to go by certainly not, and they are powerless to change that....

RA

Tell me is his approval rating still high after the 6000 or so deaths under the banner of drug reform?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Oh my goodness... what a WONDERFULLY TRUE message, Slider1982! You hit several facets of the world, with dead-on accuracy. Thank-you!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Hillary Clinton paying for that Trump Dossier is the epitome of SLANDER. I was trying to think of the word yesterday, but your post made the lightbulb come on. Thank-you!!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Removed to prevent thread drift.

I'll return in the morning only to read. Carry on☺

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

He ordered all US troops out of the country, stating "I will never defeat the Islamic and Isis threat whilst there are US forces within the Philippines", or words to that effect, make of that what you will.....

RA

Then we're now OUT of the Philippines? No more U.S. Navy base? Wow. I didn't know that. It was THRIVING when I was in the Navy.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

-CareWeMust

www.theguardian.com...

RA

Tell me is his approval rating still high after the 6000 or so deaths under the banner of drug reform?

No, it is not. Duterte has fallen below 50%.
From October 10th: www.cnbc.com...
Still higher than President Trump's approval rating in the U.S., however.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Really?

You're talking about the guy who said that upon seeing her dead body, he regretted that he hadn't been the first in line to rape Jacqueline Hamill?

The same piece of s# who sanctions death squads? Death squads that have executed children in the streets? Who bragged that he used to drive around on a motorcycle looking for people to murder and that he killed people as DA to set an example for police?

Rodrigo Duterte: the president warlord of the Philippines

In September 2016, for example, he glowingly made reference to the Holocaust as an analogy for his brutal war on drugs. “Hitler massacred three million Jews,” he said. “Now, there are three million drug addicts. I’d be happy to slaughter them.”

Duterte has also boasted of the days when he cruised around on his motorbike looking for people to kill and of throwing a man out of a helicopter. He even joked about missing out on the chance to rape a beautiful Australian missionary before she was murdered in a jail siege.

Last week, Duterte made the headlines again. “At the age of 16, I already killed someone,” he said. “A real person, a rumble, a stabbing. I was just 16 years old. It was just over a look. How much more now that I am president?”

Wtf? How out of your mind do you need to be to think that this is somebody the President of the United States of America should emulate?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
He said he killed someone at the age of 16..because they looked at him funny, yep a real winner.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join