It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam dissident locked in home for protesting Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Trueman

So your saying that we should be arrested for criticizing a political leader?

Did you even read the part where it says she was under house arrest?

Seriously, why don't you go to North Korea?

Pretty ignorant reply. I never said you don't have the right to protest. The problem is how you express your thoughts.

Freedom of expression is the same as freedom of speech. You have a right to your opinion about anything, whether you gesture, shout or make a placard.

Then you have to be ready for a reaction from the insulted person. That's what I mean.

Example: What can you expect if you insult or show a middle finger to a police.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Title made me think it was an American.

I don't think she has 1st amendment rights in Viet Nam.

She's a political dissident in her own country. She's kind of lucky she's only under house confinement but then An Sun Shu Key was confined for what, 25 yrs?

These are about 30 feet apart.

I still don't understand what Beijing has against these people.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Peace officers aren't supposed to let their pride get in the way of defending citizens rights.

If they can't take a finger to their ego, they they have no business becoming officers.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Peace officers aren't supposed to let their pride get in the way of defending citizens rights.

If they can't take a finger to their ego, they they have no business becoming officers.

Go out and try, otherwise cheap talk.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Br34kingp01nt

How refreshing to see a liberal twat put in her place. With the added bonus of it being a left on left action.

#MAGA

By that 'logic', your offensive remark should get you arrested, too.

When they come for you for your opinion, who is going to defend you?

“They”, as you put it, will more than likely be of your political persuasion, and will be met with lethal force.

Tilt. Your supposed to stand for our rights peaceful, not inflict violence, back.

Violent begets violence. Isn't that your complaint about "They"? That they arrest you for your opinion?

What about her?

I would never stand for the rights of the left. You are the enemy and you will be fought on every level, by any means necessary.

I don't vote. The whole system is corrupt.

You are at war wth yourself, not opinions on the internet from people you don't know.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I'm not stupid. I know what the notion of civil rights is in practice. You have the right to comply or be beat, Tased, clubbed, dogged, gassed run over, shot and incarcerated.

Your property seized, your life threatened and your freedom kidnapped, then detained without charge or trumped up charges, no court date, detention without trial, then sentenced to prison for profit for high crime and treasonous, flipping the bird.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

edit on 12-11-2017 by Br34kingp01nt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'm not stupid. I know what the notion of civil rights is in practice. You have the right to comply or be beat, Tased, clubbed, dogged, gassed run over, shot and incarcerated.

Your property seized, your life threatened and your freedom kidnapped, then detained without charge or trumped up charges, no court date, detention without trial, then sentenced to prison for profit for high crime and treasonous, flipping the bird.

Yes, you're not stupid. Finally someone understood what I'm trying to say.

And what you said is regardless who's the President or where you are.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yes, you're not stupid. Finally someone understood what I'm trying to say.

And what you said is regardless who's the President or where you are.

Then going back to your original reply...

Then you have to be ready for a reaction from the insulted person. That's what I mean.

Sorry, I thought you were supporting the 'right' of police to over react to an insult.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: starwarsisreal

your words

gotta admit it makes me glad we have the 1st amendment.

are only words. Is that how you explain it away?

So let me get this right; Vietnam bad, woman under house arrest possibly until Trumps visit is over

America good, woman loses livelihood for protesting with a finger at Trump motorcade.

I get it...foreign Governments bad...US government good.

The first amendment gives us a right to Free Speech; it does NOT give us a right to speak without consequences.
This seems to be the part everyone misunderstands.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If anyone deserves to be disrespected or have derogatory insults aimed towards there person its Trump through.

The mans a bawbag of the first order if ever there was one.

edit on 12-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If anyone deserves to be disrespected or have derogatory insults aimed towards there person its Trump through.

The mans a bawbag of the first order if ever there was one.

That's the kind of thought that ruins the country. It's unthinkable what people like you could do if were in charge of the government.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

your words

gotta admit it makes me glad we have the 1st amendment.

are only words. Is that how you explain it away?

So let me get this right; Vietnam bad, woman under house arrest possibly until Trumps visit is over

America good, woman loses livelihood for protesting with a finger at Trump motorcade.

I get it...foreign Governments bad...US government good.

The first amendment gives us a right to Free Speech; it does NOT give us a right to speak without consequences.
This seems to be the part everyone misunderstands.

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Everyone screws up. Do not get the police mad at you, they will eventually bust you for something. Police deserve respect for doing their job of protecting honest Americans from harm. If they accomplish taking away our guns, then there will need to be many more police and this country can possibly turn into a police state where we start getting a few people's interpretations of what is right controlling the masses.

People cannot see the direction we are heading in, it is nice to have the police around watching over things, without them doing their jobs, criminals will take over. I know a couple of people who were snippy to the cops, when they needed help from the police the police did not help them, except to make out a report. The rule of thumb used to be that if someone was against the cops then they did not deserve protection. Let the criminals and druggies kill each other off.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Sure it does. Where do you live?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Yes mom. Not at the dinner table. Got it.
For the adults in the room it's different.
Yes speech has consequences ( I know someone who needs to learn that actually)
However speaking out against political figures as long as it's not threatening is our right. Which is great otherwise we'd all be on Facebook right now or maybe even MySpace. Lol

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I gotta admit it makes me glad we have the 1st amendment.

Trump doesn't think so. Calling everything "Fake News" without backing it up with facts, is a direct attack on the 1st Amendment right to a "Free Press." Dictating how people should express themselves in protest is also a direct attack on our 1st amendment.

The president saying what he wants to say is an attack on the first amendment.

Jesus Christ.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I know a couple of people who were snippy to the cops, when they needed help from the police the police did not help them, except to make out a report. The rule of thumb used to be that if someone was against the cops then they did not deserve protection

This of course is the very definition of corruption...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Are we looking up people because you judge them ugly now?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I'm not sure I'm seeing the difference here except in degrees. Both women were persecuted for their openly stating their opinions.
The one who got fired for it has a nice little law suit in the making there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join