It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, my great grandfather worked on the Manhattan Project

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

It was a "bad day" for "science". Only the best "moral civilized " people could handle that kind of "technology". It is a sad thing indeed, when the barbarian "enemy" acquires the same "education". "Science", is for every "educated" idiot that can use it. "Science" has done more harm, than good. And science has created more questions than it has answered. Science is like a lousy mother-in-law, always questioning "Knowledge". Looking for the next "payday", (kinda like Democrats).. looking for answers, to nonexistent questions.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

Wow!
that is American History right there.
I would recommend having that professionally
framed on acid free paper mounting.

Have a place safe from water/fire damage to store
those items when not on display, as they are rare
and will increase in value.
Those are very unique family heirlooms,
and you should treat them like gold.

Respects to you, your family, and elders.
S&F

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

It's cool to find that out about your grandfather

Just out of curiosity, and I know from personal experience that grandparents usually never like to talk about the war etc, but did your grandfather ever seem to have any strange reaction to UFO's or aliens being mentioned, that you remember?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Join the nuclear club of ancestors. My dad worked for lockheed on nukes, he helped design the nose cone of the Polaris Missile, making sure the reentry trajectory was as straight as possible to kill as many people as possible... Yaaay!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
One question has never been answered why did Japan attack the US to begin with ?
They had to know there was no way to complete the conquest America was nutral in the war .
I see no logic as to the attack

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

From what i have seen the US put very tight sanctions on Japan for their actions in China. So basically oil and other resources if I have read the situation correctly. And this is the reason we are given for the attack.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I salute his service too, but I cant say that I'm proud of the atomic bomb. It's a fascinating subject, but only because of how destructive it is. The sad fact is that we'll never get rid of them now.

It was never a question they would be here, only who would do it first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join