It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think it's ok to accept that women are incapable of standing up for themselves?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Willtell
If anybody in America who should be carrying guns guns its woman....

With this environment of rape and abuse, it is very understandable if a woman had a gun at all times in her possession.

Somebody would have put a well-deserved bullet in Weinstein big ass

I hope you're joking.

Dude, this would just result in twitchy, low-self esteem women shooting polite men for holding a door open for them & smiling, even if they had armloads of crap they were hauling to or from somewhere (car, etc) Their reasoning would probably be because he sexually assaulted her by aiding her way in or out of a door, and raped her with a smile.

The sick thing is, I'm not joking, that's exactly how the feminists would run with it.

I'm really sorry if this is how you are truly feeling... and your point is taken. Chivalry is not dead ... on the contrary I think it is what women actually want. The charming gentlemen who knows how to open a door, give his seat, and not expect sexual gratification for simply being a gentlemen.

Please gentlemen ... don't stop being gracious and kind about doors because some bullyish broad tells you it's not cool. It is cool, and it's the little things that matter. Even in friendships.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Sometimes I disagree with thAt Logic. I don’t think i would be married if I followed that logic.. but generally yes...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

In my office building, women always enter and leave the elevator first. For one thing, it prevents shoulder bumping.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In my office building, women always enter and leave the elevator first. For one thing, it prevents shoulder bumping.

Ahhh... gentlemanly ways backed by logic. How Phageish 😏

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Without reason and logic, civilization is impossible.

Pragmatism is also important.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have been to a lot of bike club parties and I have to say, despite the tabloid stuff, being grown up , I never saw anything that made me feel I had to put a stop to it. Maybe people use frat parties as an excuse for stuff they would do anyway because they are just plain, bad people?
edit on 33pSat, 11 Nov 2017 20:41:33 -060020172017-11-11T20:41:33-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Never cared much for frat rats, as a group.

edit on 11/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Never cared much for frat rats, as a group.

Never knew any, they aren't a thing over here.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Without reason and logic, civilization is impossible.

Pragmatism is also important.

Trust me...I wasn't dissing reason and logic.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Perhaps there was something to it when women were encouraged to act modestly and not go around acting like female versions of predatory men because that somehow empowers them.

Sometimes, the old mores were in place for more reasons than to prevent people from having fun.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Perhaps there was something to it when women were encouraged to act modestly and not go around acting like female versions of predatory men because that somehow empowers them.

Sometimes, the old mores were in place for more reasons than to prevent people from having fun.

No, I don't think we need to make them wear burkas.
Trust me, if I can keep my hands to myself in a strip joint, no one else can use the old "She was asking for it" excuse.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

UK? Hm....
Maybe that has different reasons?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Haha I couldn't comment on that.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You have women who are told that engaging in the hookup culture is empowering. So they go out and get into risky situations, and just because you can keep your hands to yourself doesn't mean all men can or will, just like we know not all women can or will.

I am not talking about going into a burka, but I am talking about walking a step off the hookup culture and the idea that if you go out as a woman and behave exactly like men would like you to -- engage in no strings attached sex -- that it makes everything better. I think it's actually making things more confusing.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I know my daughter stands up for herself. My wife and I laugh when we hear her defending herself, she's definitely a force to be reckoned with! (It probably stems from our Italian blood line, lol) My son's the total opposite.

I really think it comes down to the situation they find themselves in. It's not easy to find a good paying job today. When there is a job available, the competition for that one job can be extremely competitive. When women and even men finally land that perfect job, they're afraid to make waves or complain about something if it's going to possibly cause them to lose their job. I don't think a lot of it has to do with standing up for themselves, but more with protecting their jobs so they can provide for their families. I think this is why a lot of women don't file charges for sexual harassment. They consider being smacked on the butt or improperly touched something they have to put up with in order for them to protect their job. Kind of like being between a rock and a hard place.

There's supposedly laws on the books that protect whistle-blowers. However, if you just look during the time Obama was in office, many of those whistle-blowers were charged under the Espionage Act! Workers, men and women are not truly protected as some may think.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You have women who are told that engaging in the hookup culture is empowering. So they go out and get into risky situations, and just because you can keep your hands to yourself doesn't mean all men can or will, just like we know not all women can or will.

I am not talking about going into a burka, but I am talking about walking a step off the hookup culture and the idea that if you go out as a woman and behave exactly like men would like you to -- engage in no strings attached sex -- that it makes everything better. I think it's actually making things more confusing.

Do you mean that you personally cannot tell the difference between a woman who is actually trying to hook up with you for a one night stand and someone who just wants to hang out and have a bit of a laugh on a Saturday night?
Seriously?

Come on dude, I am nearly fifty and in all my adult life, all the million times I have been off my face and either hooked up with women or just hung out flirting, I have never, not once committed a sexual assault. And I am rubbish at reading signs, so if I can keep things legal and pleasant, I am damn sure you can too.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i have a couple of notes on this subject.
1/ mainly here, women are taught to be meek, lady like not to raise their voices and not swear or be aggressive.
in the uk there always articles and memes of women being aggressive and ''manly'' and how its soooo unsexy and off putting.
so a lot of women feel they cant stand up for themselves and cant fight back.
its in fairy tales, movies ect women are to be saved men are to rescue
2/ a lot of women are smaller weaker than most men that attack them or people in general, most are under 5 6'' a lot of men are 6 foot and up. also have you ever seen a drunk person or an aggressive personality no matter what gender, if you are shy or reserved then this is a lot to take on heck if your an out going strong personality it can still be intimidating.

im not saying this is right believe me this is toxic to men as well as women, im a strong woman and when my partner was being threatened and nearly hit by a drunk i stepped in, im a well built woman who can take it better than him hes got diabetes type 1 and has a history of epileptic fits so id rather some guy throw a punch at me not him as it would likely kill him an in my eyes we protect each other.
he got called weak and not a real man for it, i was just protecting the person i love and id do it again, also if i saw someone man woman or any body in the middle being threatened or hurt id step in, its who i am but not all women are like me they are scared heck even men get scared and thats fine its who they are, im a protective person and i wont change and some women are meek and afraid of confrontation they wont change you cant blame a whole gender for this

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

What the hell? What planet are you living on, most if not all women are loud, obnoxious, greedy and self centered, yes, even the ones that play the nice game, and they only play that because its not in there nature to make first moves.

There just habitual, noninterupters, you know like those fish way down on the bottom who after millions of years, evolved a successful counterproductive survival strategy. I know its kind of a mouthful, "counterproductive and successful" that's some oil and water right there, two completely opposites that may not belong in the same sentence, its like saying, dry water was flowing.

Makes one go HUH! The funk. That makes no sense.

But yes, allow me to explain to you what a successful counterproductive strategy is and how it can work. Basically, it works, and they live to regret it, hence its counterproductive. That's what some of those fishes have evolved, like being stuck for the last few million years in a bad cycle that just keeps on going.

Basically now there doomed to there own machinations. The fish that is, not sure about women, even though there extremely similar in there evolutionary patterns. But I suppose one day, many many many years from now they being a more complex organisms will snap out of it. But the fishes, though? That is another matter.

But anyways, I have responded to your thread just to let you know, that you make no sense. I don't know, maybe you have been living under a rock. But now a days, we like to have a subject to discuss, when making there in thread and such, or maybe your just a lazy hapless writer and forgot to introduce a central dam theme here, to them question you posed.

So when one writes up a sentence and question such as. OH! I dont know, this one here in quotes.

Why are women suppose to be so weak and unable to put their foot down and standup for themselves??

One has to ask? Stand up for themselfs from who, or whom, or what? Are we left to guess here? Fine, if so! I shall do so.

I was going to put a list of things, approximately 1,264 things and people. But decided to cut it down to four.

1: Men and such stealing there purse, or paying for there purse? One of those offshoots, generally the latter is more prevalent I think.
2: The guberment stealing there rights? I just put that there in there, because it made so little sense it may just be the subject of this thread.
3: Really big spiders? This one is self explanatory as really big spiders are kind of scary. Though it makes little sense why one would need to stand up to one, more like crouch down, but stand up! No, dont see it, wrong latitude and size discrepancies. Though it could be the topic of this thread as there both nonsensical.
4: Bigfoot?

My guess from among these top 4 likely suspects, is off-course number four Bigfoot.

And if bigfoot is there right answer to the thing that women need to stand up to. Well then! Any sane person would tell you that you must be bat # bandannas to try to stand up to a Bigfoot. Must outweigh any human by a good solid 300 to 400 hundred pounds, you dont need to stand up, you need to turn around and slowly and calmly walk the other dam way.

Freaking lightweights. Your a jiu jitsu guy right, said so or mentioned it. Well even in jiu jitsu, weight classes are there for a reason son.

And if the correct answer is not Bigfoot.

Well then? Stand up to what? And who? Or whom? Or maybe even were? Or what the hell you talking about? Who do they need to stand up to, or from, for themselves? Who can be this elusive and terrifying menace be? So scary, that it has all of you all, and women so out of your wits?

I shall check back on this thread in maybe 5 to 10 years from now, hopefully there will be an answer by then.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent
Well shucks! Nobody can be chivalrous at 2am, in the dam morning.

That's way way to early to be chivalrous, I generally cant even be coordinated or sound to find the fridge that early, or that late, depending on your circadian rhythm. And its a known fact backed up by data that generally the hours of chivalry are before and after the drink, which is around 8 to 12 pm.

Let phage there try to disprove that little fact, its like totally backed up by all kinds of scientific data, and likely thousands if not hundred of thousands of personal experience data from all kinds of people.

This thread is pretty dam amusing as well, in a bizarre sort of way, yes a very bizarre thread indeed. But I think I have the gist of what women are supposed to stand up to.

Or not, here I thought and hoped it would turn into a bigfoot thread, sad to see that was not to be.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

You make some good points there.
It's a strange cultural thing that we see strong, active women as somehow less than the ideal. Especially when historically the Celts and also Vikings were happy to let their women fight.
Blame the Romans I guess.

Good for you though. Hope your old man is proud that you have his back.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join