It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think it's ok to accept that women are incapable of standing up for themselves?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Let's just say hypothetically that a frat party is the type of event where girls get raped all the time... it doesn't mean it's ok that that's happening at frat parties and we just shouldn't go there if we don't want to get raped.

It means that frat parties have to stop happening, at least in the way that it's happening where girls are getting raped.

Like, why are people still trying to accommodate criminal behavior and thinking it's ok? Because that's what seems to be happening.

Cause even though a place or thing might have a bad reputation and it would be smart to take precaution and avoid those types of events or places in order prevent a possible bad experience, it doesn't mean that it's the girls fault for going and then getting raped. The girl is responsible only for her own actions, which was going to a party. Wearing short shorts. Showing off cleavage. Driving a nice car. Drinking alcohol. Etc.

And the rapist is responsible for their own actions, which is raping. Just like the thief is responsible for stealing, not the other way around.

Or now should we blame people for having nice things for being victims of robberies?

And it's almost like people don't know what it even means to be robbed anymore... cause now it's never the robbers fault.

But haven't any of you ever had your boundaries crossed before? Because it is quite possible for someone to exert their own will over yours, and that is not your fault. That's their actions, that's their behavior, that's their doing and their responsibility. You are not responsible for their actions.

So the point that I've made over and over again which idek why I'm still saying it, is... we should be working on changing things to make things better instead of only focusing on accommodating criminal behavior, which is the mentality that some people seem to be adopting. And while, like I said, we should always be trying to be safe, we should also be trying to change things so criminal behavior doesn't happen to begin with on a larger scale. Because I guess part of what I keep seeing over and over with people is that they're sounding so selfish when they're preaching that we all should accommodate to criminal behavior in order to save ourselves.

They're only thinking about themselves and patting themselves on the back for never getting into any bad situations- when really there's a bigger world out there full of tons of other people with other types of experiences and different types of lives. Honestly.
edit on 11-11-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Most frat parties I experienced were just out of control period by the end around early morning hours, I personally found myself in a bathroom with a drunk woman begging me to have sex with her.. lol no I did not, but the next morning was very ackward for her she seems disappointed so, this whole sexual misconduct crap is in no way black and white...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults...
Why are women suppose to be so weak and unable to put their foot down and standup for themselves??

by their nature women produce less testosterone and have less muscle mass, less strength, this is why it has always been accepted that they should deserve extra protection from physical abuse. this is why a women hit by a guy gets to prosecute the guy, but a guy hit by a women is ignored by the courts, most times.

but its true they can learn and use effective self defense techniques, the courts should be less biased in favor of women.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here is the clincher, if I had sex with the drunk, girl in the bathroom, she coulda woke up the next day and regretted it and said I raped her because she was drunk. Again luckily at the time I questioned my position. And thank god had the whits to not do it, and yes I at 23 years old worried about that...

If I ended up famous I could be in the news. 20 years later lol
edit on 11-11-2017 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

That was your reasoning?

Dang. I thought you were being chivalrous.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

“He was a comedian they admired,” The Times writes. “The women would be together. His intentions seemed collegial. As soon as they sat down in his room, still wrapped in their winter jackets and hats, Louis C.K. asked if he could take out his penis, the women said.

“They thought it was a joke and laughed it off. ‘And then he really did it,’ Ms. Goodman said in an interview with The New York Times. ‘He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating.’”

So Louis C.K. asked these women if he could take their clothes off in front of them, and it seems like they said yes?

Of course, I am against sexual assault, but the question has to be asked what I should do to prevent myself from sexually assaulting women, both for them and for me. It seems like asking and receiving a yes might not be enough, maybe these women did not say yes and simply didn't say no.

On another topic, I went to college and there were a lot of parties. It was quite common for people to get drunk and have sex. It seems like we are headed in the direction of this being considered rape by the man. I am not trying to fearmonger or say that this means all rape is like this.

I remember one time, I had the opportunity to have sex with a girl after we had both had one or two drinks, and I did not do it because I was worried about this. It was probably a smart move.
edit on 11pmSat, 11 Nov 2017 20:01:41 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Shut up phage true story bro..

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Chiverous at 2am I take it you never been in that position.. not sure if it was chiverous but it didn’t feel right...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It looks like I had the same reasoning as this guy... sorry, Phage!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

2 AM and I very seldom see each other. Unless I'm home.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If anybody in America who should be carrying guns guns its woman....

With this environment of rape and abuse, it is very understandable if a woman had a gun at all times in her possession.

Somebody would have put a well-deserved bullet in Weinstein big ass

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I agree with your sentiment, as a guy, who is also drunk, with a girl, who is drunk, at a frat party, and I ask the girl for sex, and she says yes, and she seems to be just as into it as me, what would you suggest as a way to make sure that I'm not overstepping her boundaries?

I mean it has been a while since I've gone to frat parties or gotten drunk with anyone, but my policy at the time was not to get involved in this situation.
edit on 11pmSat, 11 Nov 2017 20:07:22 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

😋 it was ackward.. but I can sleep at night with one less demon..

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I see this pretty much the opposite way as you. In the past I think women were much less likely to stand up for themselves. Society didn't think they should. And men were raised to stand up for their women so the women didn't have to. It didn't mean that they weren't able to, just that they shouldn't have to. That was the man's job.

In this day and age I think women are far less likely to expect to be taken care of and more likely to stand up for themselves. Some old fashioned men, like myself, still believe we should take care of the women in our lives. But I also know my wife is a strong capable woman. She is woman enough to appreciate the effort I make on her behalf and not feel insulted or belittled by it. And I am man enough to accept her help when it is offered. Its called a marriage and it works if you let it.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It seems we have a lot of people who aren't aware of the fact that yes, it's considered RAPE if you have sex with someone who is too drunk to consent.

Seldom are these crimes actually reported, so the gross mofos in this thread shouldn't feel all that threatened.

In general, someone who is slurring their words, stumbling, unable to be coherent, or obviously passed out, is too drunk to consent.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
If anybody in America who should be carrying guns guns its woman....

With this environment of rape and abuse, it is very understandable if a woman had a gun at all times in her possession.

Somebody would have put a well-deserved bullet in Weinstein big ass

I hope you're joking.

Dude, this would just result in twitchy, low-self esteem women shooting polite men for holding a door open for them & smiling, even if they had armloads of crap they were hauling to or from somewhere (car, etc) Their reasoning would probably be because he sexually assaulted her by aiding her way in or out of a door, and raped her with a smile.

The sick thing is, I'm not joking, that's exactly how the feminists would run with it.

edit on 11/11/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Thank you, that clears some things up, what if it is just one or two beers and they are buzzed? I am wondering so I can understand this better.

link   

That is tough drunk women wanting sex is hard, I am aware of women who get drunk to get sex, for most women that is a Aphrodisiac. being single now to me is a nightmare thank god i am married.....
edit on 11-11-2017 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

If you had just met her and she was a total stranger then I wouldn't have sex with her either.

I'd tell her to wait and just cuddle her instead, all night, and make sure she has water and maybe some aspirin ready for the morning, then go out on a date or two and learn about her while you're both sober before anything more serious.

I have been to some frat parties in my younger years too and I never had sex at any of them, but I have gotten very drunk. Just felt I should say that, and also that I just used the frat party as a hypothetical example to illustrate the totally selfish mentality that people seem to be adopting lately.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Thank you, that clears some things up, what if it is just one or two beers and they are buzzed? I am wondering so I can understand this better.

There is a difference between "buzzed from a couple of beers" and incapacitated by alcohol. But you don't want to find yourself in court trying to argue that you were on the right side of that line, so if the girl has gone beyond buzzed and into the land of sloppy, stay away.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join