It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think it's ok to accept that women are incapable of standing up for themselves?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Ah, I was not aware of that. Carry on then

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
sorry, was one thread full of assholes defending sexual assault and pretending to be confused about 'what women want' not enough, or do you just need an extra helping of attention today?

gross.

Yeah you hit the nail on the head with these alpha fails

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: fiverx313
sorry, was one thread full of assholes defending sexual assault and pretending to be confused about 'what women want' not enough, or do you just need an extra helping of attention today?

gross.

Welcome to the Public Forum !

You're Welcome !

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Whereismypassword

I wouldn't call them "alpha-fails" they're just talking "the smack" an chewing the fat. In real life I'm sure they're fine mannerly respectful Gentlemen. (or not)

The OP's question was a good one an I can say he/she may be correct in that today's Dad's aren't teaching their daughters the necessary boundary skills. I don't know. My kids were taught not to put up with crap an they don't. I know my Dad didn't cover it, but he grew up in a civilized society and never anticipated what we're seeing today.

edit on 11-11-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

(post by hiddenlight removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Oh good, worthy of a response thanks for your time.

Yes that is one of my main points. I also wanted to point out how it's being present in the media and I think it's part of a larger cultural manipulation operation that's conditioning society to believe that women are defenseless.
edit on 11-11-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

(post by hiddenlight removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think that's a point worth discussing. When I grew up, the conversation was "don't rape people and don't touch people that don't want to be touched."

But there's since been a generation of parents that are hell bent on Nerfing the world, to the point that kids today are getting talks that consist of "if you have sex with a person and they regret doing it the next morning, that could be considered rape."

I mean how the hell do you prepare for that level of ridiculous?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

today's Dad's aren't teaching their daughters the necessary boundary skills.

I may be a bit older, but I'm one of "today's Dads".
My daughter is 17, can shoot, fish, change a flat, dances wonderfully, looks beautiful in a dress.....and she'll rip your balls off and hand'em back if you mess with her. Daddy taught her some nasty moves.
She knows boundaries.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Fair point. Also I am not excusing that nasty behavior it's kinda gross if you ask me and I lost a lot of respect for Lious. Used to like his comedy.

It's not right to sexually assault people but I think people also need to be taught HOW to stand up for themselves and when.

There is this angle also.

Do you remember being taught how to interact with women as a kid? I wasn't. For me it was a crash course learned on the spot by being a moron until I was in my late teens and hell I still learn these lessons today however not as bad.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I had no idea ATS was so replete with (presumably) men who are afraid of women. Weird.

Really? I always thought it was quite obvious the number of Alt-right 4-chan kiddies on ATS made it quite clear there was a strong undercurrent of woman-hating.

There's a lot of Red Pill losers on this site. But hey. They're allowed to have an interest in conspiracy theories too.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

So what kind of a loser can we label people who spend there times on what was suppose to be intellectual discussion and debate forums like only posting about how 4 chan kiddies are loser woman haters?

Hmm. I guess that's hypocritical but hey what's the difference right?

link   
begging the question (fallacy)

seems germane to this thread, OP and like-minded might want to review

link   
Bloody wimmin, just standing there in the street frozen in shock as i leer at them and tug on my wotsit.

link   
a reply to: Painterz

Really? I always thought it was quite obvious the number of Alt-right 4-chan kiddies

That part I knew, yes. I guess I was just oblivious to the fact that that behavior extends to outright fear of them. But I guess I can see where being scared of them would tie in with hating them and being a condescending dickbag to them/about them, so I suppose I knew all along...

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

zazz can be pretty scary.
But that has more to do with intellect I think.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I agree that people need to be taught to stand up for themselves, I'm simply saying that in a world where so many are trying so desperately to Nerf everything into oblivion, that makes it that much harder to do so.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Are you talking about young women? How old was your grandmother when you knew her?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanks Guys!

I don't know how or even IF you can prepare for "that level of ridiculousness". I emphasized to my kids to spend time looking at the families of their potential significant others cause the apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree. Best I could figure, ya know? So far it's been correct.

The media does portray women as vapid an overly concerned with getting the perfect "smokey eye" I don't think weak was the right term.

Cause my Dad (Loved him, miss him) really sucked at the macho testosterone filled stuff I made it a point to go out and learn how to handle a weapon, how to bar-fight, how to change a tire. My kids learnt along with me, altho their step dad covered some things with them as well. The bar fighting they got a few tutorials at home. I don't endorse kids an bars or kids and alcohol!!

No ones really talking about a woman's responsibility to educate themselves in the more "practical" things. It actually is OUR OWN responsibility to take this stuff on. It's also not a crime to say so.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
Bloody wimmin, just standing there in the street frozen in shock as i leer at them and tug on my wotsit.

So that was you my two friends and I saw in the *Columbo* mac on our way

to the park?

Was it our laughter that upset you

ETA. Just noticed your signature

edit on 11-11-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join