It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think it's ok to accept that women are incapable of standing up for themselves?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Amen, I teach women to fight back and defend themselves every day.

Real Feminists do teach and preach that women should stand up and defend themselves. That's true feminism...empowering women.

I see it every day.

Not sure why the op doesn't see it? Sure, I get it there are "some" feminists out there who do rail against that with ...why don't you just teach men not to attack women instead or whatever, but that's a really small minority.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Because there is an entire culture of victimhood and certain groups get a lot of money and power by exploiting this.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

And I am an ardent supporter of true feminism (the kind that empowers women to choose their own destiny and stand up for themselves)

It is the ones who state "why don't you just teach men not to attack women instead or whatever, but that's a really small minority" I take issue with. They are assuming we have any control over their actions, or that "teaching them" has any remote possibility of success. We can never rid the world of evil.

The fact that evil and predatory humans exist is a well established fact. IMO to not take specific defensive measures is setting yourself up to fail. Of course it isn't the victim's fault, no doubt about that. But knowing how dangerous and prolific predators are, I find it equally obvious that taking defensive measures (like carrying a concealed weapon + training) is so important. I'd rather not be a victim, and so would my daughters/wife. That is why everyone in my family chooses to carry a firearm, we collectively reject the risk of becoming victims to a predator.

You cannot legislate or educate away evil/predatory humans.
edit on 11/13/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No upper body strength, attempting to assert in areas of confrontation that break down to combat ARE NOT their place at all.
THE FRONT LINE combat as the US fights ,will kill them off or render them ineffective by stress injuries, they don't ignore that men must.
WE don't change how we combat because it works when executed properly, NO draft ,women or criminals need apply accept in support roles.
Intellectually competing with a sex is a failure of time management instead adapt WOMEN to the force ,not the force to women.
YES i am OLD,sick and can't breathe am and I can take ANY MMA girl you put in front of me(Bet she can RUN well) ,MOST can who are trained, just kill their joints then the person,NOT too hard, the bones break easy and going for bloody wounding will probably freak them out

NOT to mention IF THEY DID get accepted, THEY COULD be DRAFTED and decimate our populace.
edit on 13-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

According to what are you basing this on? As far as I see, feminism is prevalent than ever.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here are a lot of women who stand up for and protect themselves. The people in this channel train hard to advance self defense skills, which include verbal assertiveness and issuing commands.

These women will make anyone second guess the idea that they aren't capable of standing up for themselves.

www.youtube.com...

Armed and feminine

edit on 11/13/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Until women will take a punch in the face for acting like an ahole I don't see them sticking up for themselves really just yelling alot.

I'm teaching my daughter martial arts so if she feels the need to she can stand her ground really.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I think its a generational thing, because all my female family members are all really strong women !

my great great aunt was one of the first women in the ambulance service during WW2 and was one of the first women to drive in our home town of Grangemouth back in the day

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
an interesting article that fits with this forum

5 reasons the world thinks women are crazy

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I think its a generational thing, because all my female family members are all really strong women !

my great great aunt was one of the first women in the ambulance service during WW2 and was one of the first women to drive in our home town of Grangemouth back in the day

countries were stuck in ww2 , all the men were off fighting so women were encouraged fr the first time since ww1 to go out get jobs, learn to drive, be independent, but like ww1 they were then told to go back to the kitchen so the men could have their jobs back, look at the 50s it was about looking after the men, looking after the house.

1950s good house wife article

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

is there anything wrong with looking after men who just fought and died in a war ?
or looking after your family home because the men had fought and died to protect their way of life

is that too much to ask of females to care for men , is that to much to ask of anyone ?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: kerrichin

is there anything wrong with looking after men who just fought and died in a war ?
or looking after your family home because the men had fought and died to protect their way of life

is that too much to ask of females to care for men , is that to much to ask of anyone ?

nice little turn round there
i was commenting on the fact women where expected no actually forced to leave there jobs so men could have them, then told to look after the men folk.
and yes actually it is, if she chooses to fare enough but forced to no, also women faught in the war even in the front line as spys, snipers, pilots and infantry but its happily forgot about and ignored, they rarely get the praise they are due, if any at all, some cases not being reported until now 70 years and 100 years after both wars.
yes men fought died and suffered but so did women.
why should the women go home and slave away for the men folk if they dont want to this is my point and also the lack of gratitude they received with out the women building the planes manning the radios, nursing the sick ect the war would of been completely different

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join