It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Now Considered “Sexual Misconduct” to Ask For Sex?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I get harassed everyday, and called a mass murder so my right should be reduced.

But that's fine.

Get the hell off it.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Pretty clear some don't under stand what free speech is.

Yup, you being one of the prime examples.

What crime was committed ?

Which incident are you referring to?

Is It Now Considered “Sexual Misconduct” to Ask For Sex?

Depends on the circumstances.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Some people really do miss the good old days when only rape counted and it was just a bit of good natured fun anyways.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I get harassed everyday, and called a mass murder so my right should be reduced.

It must truly be a living hell that you inhabit. I don't know how you make it through each day with such oppressive martyrdom syndrome.

Someone should give you a trophy.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: melatonin

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: melatonin

Maybe you can womansplain how asking a woman if she wants to have sex, her saying yes, and then her willingly having sex is assault.

If it is not coerced, then it wouldn't be. Simples.

However, that was not what happened with Louis CK.

So what were the consequences of saying no that happened to the women who said no? Did he ever ever threaten any?

Being a sleeze is not sexual assault. He is clearly a sleeze.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

So what were the consequences of saying no that happened to the women who said no? Did he ever ever threaten any?

Being a sleeze is not sexual assault. He is clearly a sleeze.

Many weren't given the chance to say no. He stopped them leaving the room and carried on masturbating. Jesus, lol. Then they were silenced by common methods that underpin most of the current cases, Weinstein included.

If a person says 'yes', then says 'no' - that would still be sexual assault. Even if a person does NOT say 'yes' or 'no' that could still be sexual assault - failing to respond is not a YES.

Even if a person says 'yes' it could still be sexual assault if coercion was at work or the person was incapable of giving reasoned consent.

Have a think through the last statement. It's potentially the grayest area, but I'm sure you can work out a few relevant examples.

The real-world is complicated, no? (:
edit on 12-11-2017 by melatonin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

They admit they were asked and said yes and claim they thought he was joking. There is no proof he did not ask. What I read indicated asking was his MO. If you can show me negative consequences to those who refused then I will agree with you.

So if they said yes because they were threatened, then it's coercion.
edit on 12-11-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

They admit they were asked and said yes and claim they thought he was joking. There is no proof he did not ask. What I read indicated asking was his MO. If you can show me negative consequences to those who refused then I will agree with you.

And those who tried to leave the room via the door that he locked? Those who were put in a position of not being able to act or report due to the cost of acting? I posted Jen Kirkman's comments earlier about how the situation become posed to her via her agent and manager - act and/or speak out, and you're finished.

You do not understand how power works in society. I hate saying this stuff, but I guess you're white, male blah blah...

Situations of sexual assault are complicated by many factors. They are often one word against another. The chances of success of any reported acts are generally slim unless it's violent stranger assault with obvious evidence. And even then the rates of success are poor. The costs of acting and reporting cover multiple aspects including repetitive retraumatisation, loss of livelihhod and career, victim shaming and blaming and general stigma.

The last issue is clearly illustrated in this thread. Those 'snivelling' women who were sexually assaulted - wow.

Would be helpful to get out the bubble now and again.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Posts I made earlier...

And, yes, these sort of comments are just funny...

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful [women]—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."
Donald Trump

Hmm. Haha.

The fact you think they are little more than jest is part of the problem.

So the President of the USA gets a free pass essentially describing sexual assault because it's apparently funny. haha. haha.

The OP was clearly attempting to conflate the minefield of awkward fumbling everyday flirtation with Louis CKs abusive predatory behaviour. The number of people in this thread who have blindly followed their lead is indicative of the underlying problem.

"When do men need to apply to city hall to get a sex pass? Huehuehue"

If you really want to make something useful of this thread maybe ask why those on the end of his behaviour (and many other recent cases - women and men) have felt the need to maintain silence for so long? Then look around at the minimisation and invalidation of the experiences of those who suffer such violations.

Or maybe just cast blame at feminsists, SJWs, virtue signalling, identity politics or whatever diversion is the flavour of the week (:

Wouldn't that be a worthwhile discussion for a conspiracy forum? How do these people get away with their violating behaviour for so long? Is it due to the application of inherent power in society? But, oh no... lets carry on trying to justify that which Louis has already accepted was unacceptable. Jesus D:

Think how this thread was posed.

Louis CK has already (not)-pologised for his behaviour accepting it was unacceptable. Yet we have a thread which is effectively asking where is the line - 'Louis did nothing wrong!' even though he has accepted he has himself. Then we effectively end with 'how can we save men from being affected by their own inappropriate behaviour?'

The thread is an example of the problem.
edit on 12-11-2017 by melatonin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Where is this world that people feel afraid to flirt with each other?
Maybe I live in a bubble but flirtation and banter is quite normal in my social and work circles. Everyone knows the difference between being creepy and just having fun in my ‘real’ life, but it seems on the internet all men are rapists and all women are creeped out by any interaction which isn’t corporate friendly. All my female friends are confident enough to call a creeper out, and all the guys I know behave, if only because they know they’ll be called out.

…and when did we start thinking compliments are criminal? A stranger woman half my age asked me the time this afternoon because her phone had died, I replied and followed up with “Oh my gosh your hair is absolutely gorgeous” because it was, a genuine compliment, she responded with a beaming smile “thank you it cost me £100 though” we laughed and went on our ways.

Everyone knows the difference between creepy and genuine, but reading online you’d think I was a potential rapist from my honest friendly compliment earlier.
Real life is way different to online life…it’s becoming more weird by the year.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

And those who tried to leave the room via the door that he locked? Those who were put in a position of not being able to act or report due to the cost of acting? I posted Jen Kirkman's comments earlier about how the situation become posed to her via her agent and manager - act and/or speak out, and you're finished.

They make a claim, and they admit they said yes when he asked. Please post actual evidence of the "those" you reference. HER agent said that, not Louis. So again, please show evidence CK blacklisted girls who said no. Or threatened to.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Louis admitted it was morally wrong, not sexual assault. Maybe I just missed it, can you show me where h admitted he assaulted women

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

what if i'll ask someone to please go and f... themselves, still an offense?

geez.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: darkbake
I heard the same thing as you, O.P., I am no fan of sexual abuse, but it seems like the criteria are getting to the point where a woman could even say yes and then call it abuse later on. Who knows what it could be like in the future.

It's no different than a band groupie. There exists a power imbalance, and therefore one party isn't of sound mind to consent. The music industry has just been more tolerant of it.

That makes sense, are you saying if I were in a band, I shoudn't have sex with my fans? Or if I were an older man I shouldn't have sex with younger women? Or if I were rich, I shouldn't have sex with someone poor?

I'm asking serious questions, I want to know your opinion. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I've shagged every female line manager I've worked under.
Women are as predatory as men, just more shady and pretend they ain't lol

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Apparently sex is never consensual unless the power balance is 100% even. Here comes our extinction.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

They make a claim, and they admit they said yes when he asked. Please post actual evidence of the "those" you reference. HER agent said that, not Louis. So again, please show evidence CK blacklisted girls who said no. Or threatened to.

There are allegations that he blocked the door when two comedians attempted to leave. The allegations have been floating around since 2012. They are nothing new.

There are allegations that he grabbed a women from behind by the neck and told her he was going to '# her'.

There are allegations that during a normal phone call he started masturbating and told the woman on the end of the line he was doing so.

There are many many allegations surrounding Louis CK, and his conduct to women. He has said they are true. You can find them going back to 2012 via sites like gawker and defamer, and many others.

You are still attempting to approach this like there is anything more to discuss regarding the allegations. He doesn't even challenge them. Although he has spent years avoiding and using his clout in the business to silence accusers.

Louis CK has said the allegations are true. What more do you want, lol. Stop treating this like it is some sort of online competition of who has the biggest dong D:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Louis admitted it was morally wrong, not sexual assault. Maybe I just missed it, can you show me where h admitted he assaulted women

He has said the allegations are true. You just need to find them. Perhaps try (:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
That makes sense, are you saying if I were in a band, I shoudn't have sex with my fans?

If the reason they want to hook up with you is because they know who you are and like your music, yes. It gets into hero worship territory and could be abusive. Not in every situation, but surely it's obvious how the person in power could push the other person into more than they're comfortable with.

Or if I were an older man I shouldn't have sex with younger women? Or if I were rich, I shouldn't have sex with someone poor?

These two need more context. If the only attraction is an age difference I don't see a problem outside of a possible creep factor, for example going after 18 year olds because they have fit bodies and are generally pretty stupid. In the case of money, is there an exchange of money involved in the relationship? For example is that money buying goods or services for the other person? That can create a power dynamic that's exploitable. Or is it just two people with different paying careers that like each other?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The allegation that he asks women if he can masturbate. It's true. He asks, and does it when they say yes. You are misquoting him. He never said what you claim. In fact he specified he always asked them so he thought it was alright. Now he realizes it isn't necessarily ok just because they said yes.

In the statement released by his publicist, C.K. said in part: "At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true.

edit on 12-11-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join