It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iridology/Iris gazing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Iridology (or as I like to call it "Iris gazing" is "an alternative medicine technique whose proponents claim that patterns, colors, and other characteristics of the iris can be examined to determine information about a patient's systemic health. (Wikipedia)"

There is a local man who does this, just a hop, skip and jump over the Tennessee Kentucky boarder. A friend asked if I'd like to go with her, so I took a day trip to get my eyes "read". I've heard some pretty bold claims about this dude. I was kind of nervous.

I'm a sorta skeptic. I'm more likely to believe than not (in most cases). However, this guy was utterly unimpressive. He shined his light, looking in my eyes. Asking "Do you have sinus problems?" No, not really. But that isn't uncommon this time of year."Do you have kidney problems?" Nope. "You've had children?" Yes. I give him no more than that, figuring that if I tell him I've had 4 that may just feed more questions. "Did you have a c section?" No. "But you had uturine problems? Did you have bad cramping when you were younger?" No, but they have gotten worse since having kids. "Do you have pain in the chest? A heart murmur?" No regular pains, and no murmur that I am aware of. "What about digestive issues? Do you have your gall bladder? You have gall stones." I certainly hope not. But I suppose I'll find out eventually.

I didn't really respond quite as frankly, but that's essentially how it went down. Then they tried to sell me herbs to help with these issues. All vague ailments that could apply to many people. My test of authenticity was to see if he could get a hit on an actual illness that I do have. I was a little bummed that he didn't.

Like Fox Mulder said "I want to believe ".

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You can use the eyes to judge general health quite often. But that does not usually relate to one organ, like the kidneys. You might be able to say kidney or liver function is not right or too much alcohol is being consumed. Copper problems can be seen in the eye, also some mineral and vitamin deficiencies can be figured out from the eyes.

Some of these people doing that kind of stuff are quacks or con artists. I do believe Chiropractors, massage therapists, and even people using pressure point or accupuncture do have good success, but there is a lot of fraud in some of those too.

Even essential oils can be good and cure things. I am not too fond on injesting the concentrated oils though, topically is best. I also am not much for aroma therapy, some people swear by it, I think some of those smells are overpowering.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I read somewhere once that ancient Chinese herbalists thought that white around the iris is a sign of a body meant for doom.

There used to be an old guy in Kentucky near where I'm from that was a famous root doctor that did the same kind of things, he died in the 1980's though. The south has more esoteric practices than most people know about. Even the Mennonites around where I'm from practice a type of Dutch pow wow magic. It kind of blew my mind when I found out the cool designs some Mennonite farmers put on the outside of their barns are to keep witches from sleeping in them.

Sorry you didn't get a real one this time. They're out there.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think there's something to it, but maybe you got a "dud" practitioner?
Still I'd of done the same as you an tried it anyways. It can't hurt an maybe potentially picked up on something early.
Too bad this guy was a "flop".

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Like I said, I want to believe! I really wanted him to wow me. I am very interested in alternative and natural medicine. But I won't be back to see the "Amish witch doctor".

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

This guy may have known your famous root doctor! Tompkinsville is where I went. It was interesting to experience. And maybe their are some legitimate eye gazers. Maybe he really is, but he didn't shine yesterday.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

You know, the could been super general and asked if I had a chronic condition, and I would have been impressed.

I went, I saw, it's a notch on my belt.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I just remembered something that was a little disturbing. It came out that my friend that went with me is a nurse at a local hospital. He asked if she knew Dr. So and so. She knew of him, but not personally. He said "he retired when Obamacare got going. He doesn't perform surgeries in the hospital anymore", then did a wink.

That creeped me out.

I know that Amish need medicine and stuff. But surgeries?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was thinking about you yesterday and here you are starting a thread. Nothing to add to the discussion but that I was thinking of you.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I just remembered something that was a little disturbing. It came out that my friend that went with me is a nurse at a local hospital. He asked if she knew Dr. So and so. She knew of him, but not personally. He said "he retired when Obamacare got going. He doesn't perform surgeries in the hospital anymore", then did a wink.

That creeped me out.

I know that Amish need medicine and stuff. But surgeries?

That's hella creepy. Underground surgery just sounds all kinds of wrong to me any way you put it. Wonder what he meant by that?

The guy I'm talking about lived outside of Trenton, Ky in the country. There was actually a Facebook post I was reading a couple weeks ago where people were telling their stories about him. I'll try to find a link.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It sounds like the beginning of a horror movie!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Haha! How funny.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Too bad You got w/a Quack!Quack!... If You ever get to Flori-Duh, make sure You visit the Berg of Cassadaga

en.wikipedia.org...

Then make a trip to the Coral Castle to make it a true holiday..

en.wikipedia.org...

There is an Ayurvedic Tongue Chart for the "Do-It-YourSelfers" out there...

Stay Hydrated...

new topics

top topics

join