It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Admit That CEOs And Donors Really Need The Tax Cut Bill To Pass — Or Else

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

That's simpler?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: nwtrucker

That's simpler?

LOL. Maybe not.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Willtell

I've come to realize after the Senate proposed their plan that republicans don't want to cut taxes.

Republicans didn't want to get rid of Obamacare.

Republicans, like democrats, suck.

They all suck.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Donald Trump for showing this.

I agree 100%.

Thanking Trump is fine. The Republicans have to pass a tax plan. Otherwise, Trump will, I hope, form a third party while the sitting President. Failures with the ACA and failure on their decades old main platform issue of tax reform?? They would be dead as a political party.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I've come to realize after the Senate proposed their plan that republicans don't want to cut taxes.

They all suck.

I agree 100%.

Thanking Trump is fine. The Republicans have to pass a tax plan. Otherwise, Trump will, I hope, form a third party while the sitting President. Failures with the ACA and failure on their decades old main platform issue of tax reform?? They would be dead as a political party.

Unfortunately, the people that are making all the Republicans fail are the newcomers who find it easy to criticize but don't know how to actually govern when given power.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Remove income tax, which poor people pay very little of, in order to replace it with something else like consumption taxes. That effectively turns a poor persons tax rate from 0% to 30% or more.

The very definition of taking from the poor.

Well, no. Not a consumption or VAT or so-called "fair" tax. There are other means of taxation and raising revenue... we could start by eliminating corporate welfare. We can end baseline budgeting. We can cut and/or eliminate some foreign aid. We can raise taxes on unearned income. We can then take other steps to empower the working class to take care of themselves so they aren't dependent on government services, thus reducing government spending. And, of course, keeping people in the middle class so they don't fall into the poverty class.

There are plenty of alternative approaches and solutions we can take.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: nwtrucker

They all suck.

I agree 100%.

Unfortunately, the people that are making all the Republicans fail are the newcomers who find it easy to criticize but don't know how to actually govern when given power.

No argument from me. The Republicans have been given power. The evidence is in on how they govern. Thanks, but no thanks.

By the way, your probably right about a simpler tax plan. It did come out of our Legislative Branch, When is anything 'simple' with those people.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Lies.

If we cut the Corp tax rate jobs will flow in like never before, and then the great paying jobs will employ the multitudes. (sarc)

and you still support this fantasy - Corporate taxes have been being cut over and over again for 50 years and I haven't ever seen 'a wave' of new jobs as promised. Or maybe a 'swell of' menial, minimum-wage, no benefit or poverty benefits from govererment - jobs.

I truly hope - you know better and are just lying for some reason of your own - and it's not that you are that stoopid.
edit on 11-11-2017 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join