It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was sexually assaulted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Maybe people shouldn't touch others without permission? How hard is that? I've been teaching my nephew not to touch people without their permission and he's only 8 yrs old.

I'm not sure if he understands the age angle yet (such as "once you get a certain age, you can't legally touch others even if they consent" and "people of a certain age can't legally touch you even if you consent"). Then again, he's only 8 yrs old. Grown men have no excuse for that.

Also, it helps to notice that many of these people who've been accused have then come out and admitted that the allegations are true. So who's fault is that again? Blame the perpetrator, not the victim. Also, the rape stats in America are outrageous with something like one in every 6 women having been raped. And a whopping 80% or so are raped/sexually assaulted by someone they know, be it a friend, family member, ex, co-worker, etc.

So why is it a surprise to find out that some famous/popular guys are among the rapists? Have you actually asked the women in your life if they've ever been raped? Do you even care? Ask them for demographics on their actual attackers and you may find out far more than you're expecting.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So why is it a surprise to find out that some famous/popular guys are among the rapists? Have you actually asked the women in your life if they've ever been raped? Do you even care? Ask them for demographics on their actual attackers and you may find out far more than you're expecting.

Yes actually, quite often. Their response? "It happens and we get over it." "My brother took care of it." "A few guys tried."

Anecdotal, sure but there ya have it. Also for the record, I'm not blaming the victim. I may question the motives and timing but that would be it and let the truth be known.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I get sexually assaulted by women all the time and it's so awful. But no one will believe me. What can I do!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Annee

Good to see you Annee.

Did you ever attempt to bring charges?

Just for the sensational:

Actress: He sexually assaulted me
Detective: Any proof?
Actress: Well, no, it happened behind closed doors
Detective: Sorry, no evidence, no outcome
Director: You won't be working in hollywood again...

And now you know why more often then not, ppl dont go to the authorities

Same issue with less than moviestars...just instead of movies, its reputation, local work, etc.

As much as things progressed, back in the day (say 1940s- 2000) it was a closed club. now you can't get away with it as easily, but ppl in power get away historically with a lot of stuff without question, and to challenge that would be career suicide as the only real outcome.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes actually, quite often. Their response? "It happens and we get over it." "My brother took care of it." "A few guys tried."

You do realize that sexual assault, molestation, rape, pedophilia, etc are crimes, right? People keep intentionally ignoring that part.

When it comes to children illegal immigrants, people say stuff like "I know it sucks & sounds harsh but the law is the law". But when it comes to actual female US citizens (and some males), people act like they should just suck it up, get over it, or settle for vigilant justice when laws are broken against them. WTF?

After reading a bunch of threads on sexual assault ranging from Weinstein & Bill Clinton to Trump & Roy Moore, I'm now convinced that most people don't really care about family values, protecting their families, being tough on crime, or any of that. Because sexual assault, molestation, rape, and pedophilia are all crimes that harm people's families while betraying family values. Yet time after time, people make excuses for it, say the victims brought it on themselves, it's natural for older men to become dirty old men, etc.

Just read the responses in this thread to see more of what I'm talking about:
Former President George H.W. Bush Touches Womens Butts Out of Necessity.

Or this one:
So now flirting or asking a girl out is sexual harassment

A lot of women & kids don't initially speak up precisely because the assaulter/molester/rapist is in a position to cause them even more harm if she speaks up. And when they do speak up, they often get shunned, publicly ridiculed, and get slandered more than the accuser does. This crap happens all over the world and across every single demographic, so it's not like this is strictly an American or political issue.

Actually, screw this. Nothing I say is going to change anyone's opinions on this topic. I can't believe I even have to point this stuff out. Then again, for all I know, many of the people right here may have done it, which would explain the reluctance to call it what it is.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

For what it's worth I know 2 sisters who've been raped -- one by a cousin and knocked up, resulted in a miscarriage, the other by a stranger and knocked up, the kid carried to term and put up for adoption. The latter is quite staunch about women needing to swallow their emotions, and step forth because she did not and lives with massive regret about it.
Not going for the proverbial gonads legally resulted in another girl being raped after her, and she acknowledges and owns the responsibility that if she'd done something right away, that girl would not have been raped by that guy at all. She's totally ok with being told that/admitting that rape was her fault, because she believes by not stopping the guy right away, that it was. And she's fine with that, and thinks others need to face that realization as well, that victims who clam up are part of the recurrent problems. "Wishing it away and ignoring it doesn't make time reverse and it not happen, it just lets the guy do it again to someone else. Just because we're hurting doesn't mean we get to leave the mess for the next girl."
Her & the second girl helped put their rapist away for decades before he did it to anyone else. He's not free to rape anyone else for a long, long time, if he lives that long.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Weren't we all?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I have a friend (male) who got raped by a female while he was passed out...
Woke up with her on top of him, she ran off when she realised he was awake.

O how we laugh when he tells that story.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I have a friend (male) who got raped by a female while he was passed out...
Woke up with her on top of him, she ran off when she realised he was awake.

O how we laugh when he tells that story.
Happened to me with 2 ladies but I just couldn't be strong and let them have their wicked way which I guess was a kind of rape in that I didn't say its OK then again I didn't say it wasn't either. Just when along for the ride. It was interesting. Then they said thanks and left!
edit on 11-11-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

The accusers are putting their name and reputations on the line. That alone should give credence to their accusations. When there are multiple accusers, it just increases the likelihood the perpetrator is guilty and strengthens the truth to the accusations. Any other crime with multiple victims who would be accusing the same person would be sufficient enough to warrant the accuser and the perpetrator to undergo a polygraph test. This is a crime that isn't easily provable and the victim and perpetrator both know this. It's exactly why the perpetrator will always deny it ever happened.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It's now fashionable to claim sexual assault and instantly ruin careers and reputations.

I think these people are despicable for not dealing with these issues privately to preserve the rights of the "accused".

It's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but many people now have been ruined by the publicity without benefit of trial.

Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Good to see you Annee.

Did you ever attempt to bring charges?

Hi 😁

First -- understand I am 71.

Sexual harassment "abuse" is a newish thing.

It's always been there -- but, women were expected to just accept "boys will be boys".

What's the point of filing charges when it's usually "He said, she said".

Multiple women/men speaking up is a Godsend.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Unless your Trump. Then it just gets brushed aside.

Brushed aside? His female supporters embraced his sexual predator ways in the only way they know how....

Nothing trashy about that ^^^
edit on 11-11-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

After reading a bunch of threads on sexual assault ranging from Weinstein & Bill Clinton to Trump & Roy Moore, I'm now convinced that most people don't really care about family values, protecting their families, being tough on crime, or any of that. Because sexual assault, molestation, rape, and pedophilia are all crimes that harm people's families while betraying family values.

I think people are more interested in seeing what political party can be beaten over the head with this the most.

At least that's what I've noticed.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

You do realize that sexual assault, molestation, rape, pedophilia, etc are crimes, right? People keep intentionally ignoring that part.

They absolutely are, no question! but we're not just talking about the obvious. Listen to some of these "sexual assaults"

1. He outted me as gay in front of some other people and it made me feel bad.
2. He asked me to sleep with him and it made me uncomfortable.
3. He touched my butt 50 years ago.
4. He leered at me and came on to me.

The problem is that boorish behavior is being lumped in with sexual assault. Here's another one:

5. She said in public that she wanted to sleep with him. Much later when the opportunity arose he said, "OK, let's do it." and then she said, "I wasn't serious. You're being assaultive."

Let's be honest here. There's this little dance that goes on between people when one or both are attracted to each other. Person "A" makes a very small move, maybe just a look. Person "B" responds with some sort of approval or maybe ignores it. This dance continues back and forth until it is resolved one way or another. Now you can say, "If person "B" says "No," then "No means No!" but that's not how it works. Person "B" often continues the flirtation far beyond when he or she ought to have said "No" and winds up in a situation where Person "A" thinks everything is okay, makes a more aggressive move, and "Pow!' gets accused of assault. If Person "B" had been honest from the start, this would have gone nowhere, but Person "B" was not and enjoyed the chase until it got too close.

No fair. And to lump the whole thing into one category of "rape" is just stupid.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: Annee

Unless your Trump. Then it just gets brushed aside.

Brushed aside? His female supporters embraced his sexual predator ways in the only way they know how....

Nothing trashy about that ^^^

Sad.

Kinda like the excuses they're now making for Roy Moore.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Defining sexual assault is paramount. I read in the paper this morning that an actress is claiming assault because a person, director maybe, said, "Make out with that actress to show you're gay" or something similar. She hadn't come out yet. That's assault? I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Or bill Clinton.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
It's now fashionable to claim sexual assault and instantly ruin careers and reputations.

Which person's career(s) are you lamenting?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

falsely accusing and raping someone isn't the same. If someone falsely accused a person of rape. They should be sued for any potential damages of the accused lost like a job, house, medical expenses caused by the accusation. Not, jail them like they're rapist. But that's my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join