It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was sexually assaulted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: eisegesis

You lie!! You told me you wanted it bad!!

I didn't realize cheese pizza didn't mean...cheese pizza!

IMO, if we as a society continue to travel down this illogical road, every freedom that has a moral grey area will be dictated for us. These really are sad times.

I think having a "moral grey area" is just what might have gotten our country to be at the 2nd falling of Rome? There is right and then there is wrong when it comes to morality? Is teaching our children there are more than 2 genders moral? Does science back that up? See where I am going with this????

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Most people who are sexually abused do not like to talk about it because of the associated stigma. I think people blame the victim too much just for speaking out. I think you are wrong with the sentiment of you OP. Nobody wants to have the sexually abused label.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

At one point in time it was moral to own other people. At one time it was moral to wed and breed with girls under 18. At one time horse meat was acceptable cuisine.

Progression and growth often times leaves certain morals behind. This subject should advance with the times. While at the same time not be a political or financial tool.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Nobody wants to have the sexually abused label.

Nobody wants to be sexually abused. I buy that.

But what the heck is wrong with the 'label?' Does that make me lesser because I was raped? I am more bothered by this sentiment than the OP.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

At one point in time it was moral to own other people. At one time it was moral to wed and breed with girls under 18. At one time horse meat was acceptable cuisine.

Progression and growth often times leaves certain morals behind. This subject should advance with the times. While at the same time not be a political or financial tool.

So do you believe that because times are changing the Constitution of the United States of America needs to be changed too? Curious as to your response to that question. You brought up what was ONCE moral, but I find that disingenuous because it is no longer moral to own a slave or breed with a female child. That is history isn't it? Did we not learn from it or our we hell bent on repeating it? Take a look at how Pedophilia is trying to be promoted in some Alt Left rags.......

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So do you believe that because times are changing the Constitution of the United States of America needs to be changed too?

No, and nowhere did I claim it to be. We are discussing subjective morals no?

You brought up what was ONCE moral, but I find that disingenuous because it is no longer moral to own a slave or breed with a female child. That is history isn't it? Did we not learn from it or our we hell bent on repeating it? Take a look at how Pedophilia is trying to be promoted in some Alt Left rags.......

The moral in question is the entitlement or privilege to lodge free speech in a manner that doesn't have to have facts applied as indication of guilt. In this case, allegations.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I can think of worse labels. /shrug

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am on the side of the victim 9 times out of 10.

It is important for the victim to believed and afforded all the support and care available while they deal with the trauma of the incident and the course of the investigation if there is a law broken.

Do people make false accusations? Yes.

Have some of the people making allegations of misconduct be taking something too far for histrionic or political purposes? Yes.

Are those the majority of these cases? I'd say no. I think most of these are legitimately creepy, and in the cases of Weinstein and Spacey, criminal.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So do you believe that because times are changing the Constitution of the United States of America needs to be changed too?

No, and nowhere did I claim it to be. We are discussing subjective morals no?

You brought up what was ONCE moral, but I find that disingenuous because it is no longer moral to own a slave or breed with a female child. That is history isn't it? Did we not learn from it or our we hell bent on repeating it? Take a look at how Pedophilia is trying to be promoted in some Alt Left rags.......

The moral in question is the entitlement or privilege to lodge free speech in a manner that doesn't have to have facts applied as indication of guilt. In this case, allegations.

You brought up what used to be morally acceptable, I didn't! I am just trying to say let's forget about our past because I sure as hell ain't living in it!!! Every damn day I wake up???? Sure as hell ain't got nothing to do with the past now does it?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Looking forward, it is acceptable to look back. It's how we learn...as you posted.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Okay, have you seen this?

National Review: If You Refuse to Condemn Predators because of Politics, You’re Disgusting

Oh, and by the way, I’d like someone to please give me some examples of women who have launched themselves to fame and fortune by falsely accusing men of sexual assault — because we all know that that’s not what happens. What does happen is their reputations are scrutinized harshly, and the allies of the powerful men they’ve accused comb through their pasts looking for evidence that they’re liars. People are afraid to employ them; men are afraid to speak to them; their lives are forever changed. Make no mistake: Speaking out publicly about your abuse is not a way to stardom; it’s a painful, harrowing experience and a sacrifice that so few are able to actually make given how brutal the consequences can be.

Care to comment? Thoughts? And mind you this is coming from the conservative outlet, National Review.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Looking forward, it is acceptable to look back. It's how we learn...as you posted.

Right! You learn from past mistakes to make a better future for you and yours? It's those who use the past and a history they never experienced who want to use it as a crutch/excuse for a hand out and special status above everyone else that seems to have been the Marxist agenda is what concerns me.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Yea, I'll comment.

I don't need a source to tell me that victim suffering can be cast aside for politics.

However, I will say something when all indicators of political motive are present.

Thanks for asking.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I've been assaulted more times then I can count and raped by an ex-boyfriend.

I can't prove any of it.

Only when multiple women speak up does it even get considered.

Unless your Trump. Then it just gets brushed aside.

Or Bill Clinton, right?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
All kidding aside, my life was DESTROYED by someone falsely accusing me of sexual battery. No proof, just my word against hers, and that was it.
I lost my rights, lost my career, pretty much lost EVERYTHING.
And what for? So the person that accused me can sue the place I worked at for a settlement.
The sad part is: she's done numerous times, each time for a settlement, and then hide behind the rape shield laws, because you cant use a serial accuser's past as evidence of a pattern of behavior.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

originally posted by: Annee
I've been assaulted more times then I can count and raped by an ex-boyfriend.

I can't prove any of it.

Only when multiple women speak up does it even get considered.

Unless your Trump. Then it just gets brushed aside.

Or Bill Clinton, right?

Kenneth Star and the Republicans did far more damage to Monica Lewinsky than Bill Clinton ever did.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

When my 14 year old daughter was raped in my own yard, behind the fence, she received ridicule at school and from her cousin. However, my deputy sheriff uncle had him run out of the state and the school principal expelled him even tho he was a big football player. The rape crisis center said to forget trying to get him arrested in Georgia; she said that it would just hurt my daughter more and he would only get a slap on the wrist-it's still that way here.

I'm going to say I'm really offended by this op. It's past time for women to speak up and be supported. Don't you hear the pain from past and present victims?

Granted I'm sure there are women who are taking advantage of situations to hurt men, but it's past time the pendulum swung to protect and believe the victims.

Victims wear this scarlet letter for life.

edit on 10-11-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I'm not sure why the op offends you given that it's raising awareness and the detriment of instances being raised without going through any due process channels.

I'm sorry about your daughter and it's really disgusting that the rape crisis center recommended to not pursue a case.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I disagree. Your op seems to want to warn against believing victims because it's currently getting alot of publicity.

You spoke from both sides of your mouth. Maybe you are now attempting to sway to another direction with your words but you definitely were not supportive of victims.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

It indeed is warning against believing everything that is getting publicity. Reasons being opportunity and motive but that is not to say that they are all true or false and because some are true doesn't mean they all are. Political and notoriety is a hot commodity these days and it's of no surprise that folks will use that to their advantage.

This detracts from real victims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join