It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor draws ire for saying students will have to work hard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
College isn't a playground.

You are not there to party.

You are there to learn.

The harder the major, the longer you will spend on working to succeed and pass.

The professor was only speaking the truth.

If the truth hurts, it probably hits too close to the bone.

The professor set the stage and offered the challenge. I would think the best course of action would be to accept the challenge and prove him wrong rather than whine and cry about it.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

So it was easy, yet you failed out?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Between the computer programs
ROSOUND ,AFETER EFFECTS and MAYA I would AT LEAST need another semester to get them.
A chapter 31 is a limited funds operation.
I suppose I could have stayed in longer of I would have lied to the VA counselor but I don't roll by lying only what I CAN do.
History ,social studies, spanish 1 & 2 ,English ...it's as if I was taking a JR High refresher courses.
AND AS expected a;; the ART related classes beyond computer programs were great.
I even learned prosthetic make up as I can sculpt (BUT not experienced)..and painted WATER color for my 1st time..www.deviantart.com...
BUR ,I live in Colorado springs so mo jobs ...maybe CON make up...if I can get a workshop.
edit on 13-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

my reply as Dean of Cambridge would be , well if you arent going to bother working hard for the money you paid to be here
then take a refund and # off !

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Aye when i went to UNi in 2000 the head of our department lectured everyone on the importance of abstaining from partying too hard and reminded us all that there is plenty of time left for partying when you have your degree in hand.

He also said that you do need to find a balance of partying and studying because you cant just be all out study and no life other wise youd crash and burn!

It was more an emphasis on the balance of work and play

Hell if my kid was going to Cambridge they'd be sure as # studying and not partying too hard

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Keep working at it and eventually the sciences will be the same, academically, as liberal arts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join