It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right wing comedy news shows?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Most on the right, take themselves too seriously to be funny.

Most of the Left are too stupid to be taken seriously.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Abysha

Have you seen South Park?

They manage to do it.

Exactly and they are middle of the road, making fun of both left and right.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The right wing is inherently funny without recaps or commentary.

Extremes are always funny... thus, lots of semi-relativistic "left leaners" laughing at extremist idiocy while the extremists glower and fume.

Humor is kryptonite to the right wing or extreme left. Those in the reasonable middle usually find extremes amusing... or at least worthy of a sardonic smile and a sigh... unless blood is spilled or jackboots echo down streets, and then not-so-much.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Isn't it odd how all these late night "comedians" cover the same topics and have the same thoughts and opinions about absolutely everything?

It's almost like they are molding their sensibilities and ideas to exactly what their bosses are looking for. A series of opinions that they've adopted and adapted because they think it's going to lead them to be successful in Hollywood.

Nah, that's just crazy talk!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: scraedtosleep

FOX has the Greg Gutfeld show. I don't like political comedy shows. They are so popular because nowhere else can you have your biases confirmed and your back-patted while engaging in laughter with an echo-chamber of an audience.

Except every single Trump rally ever?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Those same shows are 10x funnier (in their own delusional/pathetic way) when watched with a right wing perspective.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

No, like every John Oliver show, Daily Show, the late show, Samantha Bee Show, and so on.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

They manage to do it.

But most things are not middle of the road. They exist mostly to make fun of the right and that's it.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

They manage to do it.

But most things are not middle of the road. They exist mostly to make fun of the right and that's it.

I guess I don't see that as "making fun of the right" but more as making fun of the "extreme right".

The basic person I know who leans right doesn't fall in that category.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

When I see people comparing comedy to left wing versus right wing???? Doom is upon us! Comedy has always been about the HUMAN CONDITION and not put into a box of what we now know as "identity politics"!

Idiocracy is surely upon us, when comedy has become a left/right wing thing......

And just for giggles? Check out why comedians DO NOT want to do comedy at colleges.......

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So simply being religious is "extreme" these days? Plenty of mockery of religion in general and that's just one example.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

They exist mostly to make fun of the right and that's it.

It may be because those on the right are easy targets. Such easy targets.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So simply being religious is "extreme" these days? Plenty of mockery of religion in general and that's just one example.

I understand what you are saying but to be fair, there are some ultra-extreme religious ideas out there too...none of them seem to include, 'humble' as a forte, just more as a liability, and it's not limited to any belief, while many of them have the elements of cherry picking and gobsmacking hypochrisy, I know it well in the country I live in.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

They exist mostly to make fun of the right and that's it.

It may be because those on the right are easy targets. Such easy targets.

Don’t discount how hilarious the left can be with their antics.

Pussy hats, every single SJW breakdown video, there’s more, but you get the idea.

All I see is one big circus.

We need to stop taking everything so personally. We’ve internalized politics in a very destructive way. America has become a very dark place over the last 16 years or so.

I think it’s time for everyone to lighten the hell up.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Plenty of mockery of religion comes from a) those who lean right politically and b) are themselves religious.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

So Obama isn't the Antichrist after all?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Hey, I'm religious. But not so much that I can't take a joke. That makes me "lean" right in that department, not lay down complacently in incoming traffic.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: FyreByrd

Oh, I was definitely stretching the definition of the word news when describing those shows I listed.

It is on netflix and produced by the BBC.

... it's called "KKK: the fight for white supremcy.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

No, like every John Oliver show, Daily Show, the late show, Samantha Bee Show, and so on.

Your both right.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

FOX has the Greg Gutfeld show. I don't like political comedy shows. They are so popular because nowhere else can you have your biases confirmed and your back-patted while engaging in laughter with an echo-chamber of an audience.

Are we really going to pretend that this isn't the case at every political rally in history?

I just think it's ironic how you're actually comparing political rallies to late night comedy shows. Really says a lot about the subject.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join