It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Take the Bible…’: And thus began the worst defense of Roy Moore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I severely hope this not only ruins Moore's short career but also ruins this jackass' career. Saying something like that should be political suicide.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm going to play "The Devil's Advocate" for a moment. I might use a "False-Parallel" -so to speak- and a crude example. And, I don't support anyone's actions or anything, but here goes.

Martin Luther King - had a few consensual relationships with some young girls, however, he is still supported in the African American Community.

Bill Clinton - Committed adultery in the Oval Office.

America - Dropped Nuclear weapons upon a race of people committing Genocide.

American Military War Records - Records hundreds of thousand of murders, rapes, and crimes against humanity.

Early American History - The Patriarchs has under-age relationships. Civil War Soliders married girls between the ages of 12-14.

Japans "Geisha" culture is hundreds of years old -still in practice.

Common Sense - Everyone has "skeletons in their closet" and some level of "hypocrisy."

So, I'm one to say "everyone is evil." Although, there is no such thing as "grey," I'm sure the majority(mob mentality) has enough "evil darkness in their so-called heart" to do just as much evil as anyone else.

Once again, I don't condone or support anyone or anything.
edit on 10-11-2017 by hiddenlight because: bubbles

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenlight

That's fair, but when you are caught you do the time. As they say, "it's only a crime if you are caught." It sucks that is how things work out, but justice has to be served somewhere. So we gotta take what we can get.
edit on 10-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Justice is as subjective as whether to wipe with the right or left hand. Don't be a programmed sheep or fool. There is no such thing as Justice.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Painterz

That's the thing. There are TONS of reprehensible things done in the bible that are in no way condoned today. It is beyond idiotic to defend this man's actions based on that. It shows a severe lack of understanding of his own faith and the message the Bible is supposed to relay.

Oh yes, I absolutely agree. Just whenever I hear about one of these creepy old conservatives hauling the bible out to defend themselves or one of their friends, it just makes me think, yeah, there's a guy who is molesting his daughters because the Bible says it's okay.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If people really said what they thought, and you could look into the "thoughts of everyone," you'd see that everyone is no better or worse than anyone else. This includes "everyone."

Inside, and at heart-oh my- every single human on this planet is a "murderous, lustful, insane savage."

The Denial and Hypocrisy about it is "the majority believe in duality" and that there is such a thing "as right and wrong."

Humanity is the same now as it was 2-7 thousand years ago. Study history. Nothings changed.

But, it is amazing how many people live in Denial of who and what they are. Me, I know exactly what all of you are, and, I am no more good or bad, right or wrong, or civil or savage than any of you.

Wake up.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Inside, and at heart-oh my- every single human on this planet is a "murderous, lustful, insane savage."

Probably true.

In reality, however, there is a huge difference between what one thinks and what one does.

Matthew 5:28 is not reality.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Son, action follows from both thought, and lack there-off. Get off the pot or do something. You say crap-steak, I say Potato. Semantics are what they are. The hard, cold-truth is you know what I'm saying. No games Son. This is real.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

True, we all have these urges as we are all animals in reality. HOWEVER, what separates us from the animals in the forest is being able to recognize that these behaviors or urges that we all have are not conducive to a functional society and should be suppressed. We create laws to push these concepts and these laws must be obeyed. Most people can control those urges and society works.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I severely hope this not only ruins Moore's short career but also ruins this jackass' career. Saying something like that should be political suicide.

In a seemingly normal world, one would think publicly defending molestation of a minor as "consensual" would be enough to ruin, or at least negatively impact, one's career, instead of bolster it.

After the 2016 election, we are not in a seemingly normal world.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

This is a guy who twice disregarded the Supreme Court and basically said to hell with them, and violated their rulings, then was thrown out of office.

This is a guy who is on record saying that biblical law supersedes the constitution.

There is a lot that should ruin his career but hasn't. That's Talibama for you.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Son, action follows from both thought, and lack there-off.

Hence the difference between thinking something and acting on something, son.

Semantics are what they are.

That's not semantics, son.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
We are all programmed in one way or another. However, the "Bell Tolls for All." No matter how any of us try to justify, or act smart through words and thoughts - the worlds going to keep on spinning...and the savages(mental or physical) are going to keep on acting. Amazing how people get possessed with thoughts and words -as if they are going to change anything.

Then, the Mob Comes out to kill the "new monster/scapegoat of the age." Mark my words, every "doo-gooder" and "Good-person-badge wearer" will reap an opposite and equal reaction to their own self-righteousness.

Of course, we are all "right in our own minds." Hell, that is what led us here.

When all hell breaks loose -more so than now- I'm sure most of you are going to scream and cry and run for the hills saying, "My god! What have we said, and thought, and done. God oh god we have done this to ourselves."

"No good-deeds go unpunished." It's the law of cause and effect.

I don't necessarily believe in the "Catholic version of Hell," but, I do know we have all contributed to "creating hell on earth in the hear and now."

I got a tissue for you in-case you need one.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There are so many political angles that this will have to be hung out and examined closely.

IF Roy Moore did this? He should step back.
IF Roy Moore did NOT do this? He should be cleared.

Of course, politics runs rampage down here in Alabama. It always has and likely, always will.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenlight
If people really said what they thought, and you could look into the "thoughts of everyone," you'd see that everyone is no better or worse than anyone else. This includes "everyone."

That's not true. Some people see others as equals, they don't hate. They see themselves if they had different life circumstances. Others see that all people were made in Gods image, and can see God in everyone as they see it in themselves. Others just aren't vindictive jerks. The only people who think everyone else is a pos, are the people who deep down know they're a pos and excuse it by saying everyone else is the same.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
In reality, however, there is a huge difference between what one thinks and what one does.

Matthew 5:28 is not reality.

One can control what they think. Don't act on bad impulses, and eventually you'll start dismissing them. Dismiss them enough and you won't even think it.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Son, only Romanticists, Utopian Believers, the young and inexperienced believes in that garbage. Get out in the "real world" and live a little.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm not going to defend pedophilia.

But, as I have pointed out in other threads, I don't believe the accuser. For the record, I don't have a lot of faith in the accuser(s) of Louis C. K. either, and I don't particularly like him.

But that's not why I responded. I just wanted to get my position clearly out in the open. The reason I responded was the Biblical defense and more particularly the reactions to it. It's sort of like a blind man grabbing another blind man by the arm and offering to guide him. As I see it, there's only one Biblical verse that applies here:

Luke 6:39

And he [Jesus] spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

There have been many Bible verses quoted just in the first two pages, in an attempt to show how evil the Bible is by condoning the actions it describes. How many of those have the statement "And God was pleased" following them?

Short answer: None.

They simply describe what happened. The Bible does not sanctify many people, and only one unconditionally, that being Jesus of Nazareth. It does specify the many sins that were made and the result of those sins. The Old Testament could actually be considered a guide of what NOT to do rather than a guide of what to do in most circumstances.

Add to that that a lot of what Jesus preached concerned not offending the customs of the people (which are quite distinct from our customs today), and everything I have heard thus far, from Krazyshot to Zeigler and everything in between, is laughable.

One thing is true: the legal age of consent with parental approval in Alabama is 16. If Moore did have inappropriate contact with a 14 year old girl, then he should be punished to the full extent of the law. Whether or not he did will not be determined at least until a trial is held; that is our custom. Until then, he is innocent under the law and any attempt to paint him as automatically guilty is nothing more than slanderous, sadistic partisan attempts to throw an election. Only the accuser should state unequivocally at this point that anyone is guilty.

And I doubt anyone posting here was molested by Roy Moore at age 14.

Yeah, that includes our unbeloved professional POW, John McCain.

Oh,and I do agree with one point: Zeigler is an idiot and needs to close his piehole before that case of foot-in-mouth disease becomes politically terminal.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The Bible(KJV and other-wise, and Quaran Too) is a lie, wrapped in lies, wrapped in Catholic agenda, wrapped in a burnt-and-smelly lie.

Wonder if the "Cave-men" from whence we descended ever contemplated garbage like this?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

As I alluded in the thread I'm not trying to discuss the allegations against Moore here. I may have my opinions on the matter which I've suggested in various posts in the thread, but ultimately this thread is about the Zeigler jackoff and the words he said. Naturally, I agree with you that Moore is innocent until proven guilty. So we'll just have to wait and see there.

At least we agree that Zeigler really needs to stop talking and shoving his foot down his throat.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join