It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Take the Bible…’: And thus began the worst defense of Roy Moore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Today I got some good old fashioned ACTUAL US Political Madness that isn't just partisanism with slightly less nastiness. So recently Roy Moore was accused of having made sexual advances on a 14 year old girl while in his 30's as an assistant DA. This thread isn't about that though. Not directly at least. This thread is about the bozo politician from Alabama that came to his defense using the Bible. The guy, Jim Zeigler, has some interesting remarks, so I'll post them below and let you guys read them:

“There is nothing to see here,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner. “The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls. Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.

Moore never had “sexual intercourse” with the girl. Their relationship “happened almost 40 years ago.” And finally, “Roy Moore fell in love with one of the younger women.”

Moore began dating his wife Kayla around this time, according to Ziegler. “He dated her. He married her, and they’ve been married about 35 years. They’re blessed with a wonderful marriage and his wife Kayla is 14 years younger than Moore.”

Now there is QUITE a bit wrong here since the age of consent in Alabama is 16 and the girl was 14. Moore is also alleged to have removed her clothes and touched her. But following is the coup de grace and what prompted me to write this thread:

“Take the Bible — Zachariah and Elizabeth, for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler says, choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler concluded. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

That's right. It is A-Ok for a 32 year old man to touch a 14 year old girl because 2000 years ago when the Bible happened this stuff happened all the time, including with Mary and Joseph. Um... WOW! Now while it is true that all this stuff happened back then. That was a different time with different customs and not to mention it happened in the Roman Empire. NOT the USA. So while it may have been legal and accepted in Roman times that doesn't give Moore the right or put him in the right for doing it today. So not only is Moore a scumbag, I question the morality of this bozo too. Have we really sunk so low in the partisan war that politicians will defend pedophillia just to stay in power?
Source
edit on 10-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: Forgot to post source

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
His argument is also untrue to scripture.
Luke specifies that Elizabeth was "in her old age".
Nobody specifies either that Mary was a teenager or that Joseph was much older than that.
No evidence of age difference in either case.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
~ cough ~

Lot and his daughters. But like, they got him drunk before they seduced him, those evil harlots!

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.” 33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yeah. Now that I think about it, all the reasoning that Joseph was in his 30's and Mary in her teens comes from extra-biblical sources. Good point.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Lol...... the bible.... as evidence....

In the bible they stoned gays and killed their women and kids all the time. We are all practically saints today.
edit on 10-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
the real difference between dems and repubs, is 9ne of the two knows how to cover their tracks better than the other.
this is apparent in everything American politics.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

While we are discussing such matters, it may be handy to remember that NO MAN is ever really what he wants others to see.
I have found this to be true of those who choose to be involved with politics. A person, not just men, will ALWAYS try to project themselves in the purest of light which they think will gain them the most followers.

It should be remember also that this man first broke the law by covertly placing a large monument inscribed with the ten commandments into a state, public property, building with out following the guide lines already set out for such things to be done. This was an obvious ploy to gain recognition for his "stance" for the teachings of the bible in an area of strong bible believers. He then claimed he was being persecuted for his faith in order to get the public opinion on his side. He has since made certain to maintain his standing with his followers.

It may sound as though I am,myself, trying to put this man in a bad light. NO! I am just reminding those who would try to hold him up as someone special that he really is just another politician and, to me, a little worse than most for using the bible as a "crutch" for his deeds.

One other thing which I had meant to include earlier.
Was Roy Moore married at the time when this "event" occurred?
This answer should tell us even more about him. If he was, he is just as bad as any other politician. If the answer is no, then he is just another pervert.
edit on 10-11-2017 by tinymind because: After thoughts

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Just realized I forgot to post the source. My bad. I updated the OP.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

That's the thing. There are TONS of reprehensible things done in the bible that are in no way condoned today. It is beyond idiotic to defend this man's actions based on that. It shows a severe lack of understanding of his own faith and the message the Bible is supposed to relay.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I think it would be easier, and more appropriate to throw Moore to the wolves. His political career should be over IMO.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I've noticed throughout my life there are many people who preach the bible or attend church on a regular basis who are some of the meanest, abusive, and biggest closet sinners I've ever met! Verses in the bible and many other religions expect women to be subservient to men and are not their equal. Just look at how Islamists, and Amish treat their women. Have you ever seen a female Catholic Priest, Pope, Cardinal or Bishop? The hypocrisy in religious beliefs is everywhere.
edit on 10-11-2017 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Bible is full of rape, murder, May/Decemeber relationships, wars -all done in the name of God and Religion. Most of the murder, rape, killing/war were done by many of the main characters of the Bible. God ordered murder in the Bible, God ordered relationships between people of different ages, God ordered killing of family members, God ordered entire destruction and death of an entire world of people.

On a side note, the United States of America has killed, murdered, nuked, raped, and destroyed more people/families in the name of "America" than any single person or belief system in the world.

I don't subscribe or support anyone or anything -so to speak- but the "world-historical nature of Evil" is bigger than the actions of "any one person."

More violence, destruction, and Evil have been committed due to and in the name of "Biblical(Christianity)" than any other religion in the world.

Gotta love the Bible and America - the two single greatest murders, rapists, and destroyers of all time.
edit on 10-11-2017 by hiddenlight because: bubbles

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

And Mr. Ziegler said all this whilst clad in some polyester, lycra AND denim!!! Not just 2 weaves but a TRIAD of different weaves!!!!

'In for a .10¢, In for a $1.00...'

Should We send someone to photograph Mr. Ziegler as He dines on Beef Wellington or some other kind of meat tonight???

Wouldn't be the 1,000 time someone uses "The Rule Book™ " to either point fingers or deflect the pointing of fingers from others...

"When You point fingers, You should make sure Your hands are clean..." Bob Marley

In reflection, I'd opine 'They' are just about ready for another revision.

Old Testament- "This one sucks and there are far too many rules..." "Hey Y'all We need a 'New Testament', lets write one....

Keep an eye out for "New Testament Part Deux" TheGideons™ are printing it now...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I could not understand why some men of this planet appear afraid of women of this planet so much that they have to resort to manipulating & playing with little girls

Nor can 1 understand the logic in those attempting to use Biblical data to support such behavior.
Appalling
old world activities

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It appears lack of self control and common sense is permeating with some.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

"When You point fingers, You should make sure Your hands are clean..." Bob Marley

“Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” John 8:7

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Have we really sunk so low in the partisan war that politicians will defend pedophilia just to stay in power?

All people who commit & defend pedophilia will suffer in hell. This includes all religious people as well.

They are all sick in the head and go to hell. Problem solved. God will deal with them all appropriately.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
www.cs.umd.edu...

Here's a link for a pdf with over 700 Bible errors. Feel free to read it.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
His biggest mistake according to the faithful is that Joseph is not Jesus' father.
God is.
Mary was a virgin.
Joseph didn't "know her" until after Jesus was born ...
Oh and here's the coup de gras..they were a married couple. Man and wife...

But other than those things it's practically the same thing. ¿¿¿¿

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Posted this same story in the other thread, yesterday.

Have we really sunk so low in the partisan war that politicians will defend pedophillia just to stay in power?

Yes, we have.

And the defense continues:

A) They did it in the Bible! Therefore, it's ok!
B) Yes, she was 14 years old—a minor—but, it was consensual molestation!

Absolutely fn disgusting the depths to which these people will descend to defend.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join