It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any gearheads in the West Virginia area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I've been a gearhead my whole life. I've read every article from car craft, hot rod, super chevy, and most other rags including truckin. Now i'm approaching that 40 year old mark and have decided to build a clean daily driver 2wd long bed square body chevy. I chose the most dilapidated one I could find as a starting point. Already have an 03 LS engine going in it now, keeping the TH350 trans, and purchased hp tuner to get it going.

I was wondering if anyone else in the area are doing a nice build. It's hard to find a car community that doesn't focus on one make of vehicle, I like them all. If you are interested in chatting about cars or car parts send me a message.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Im working on a pair of final generation Cutlass Supreme, one coupe and one convertible. I like a wide variety of cars/trucks as well but its SO much easier sticking to one model or family tree. Mine are both part of the W-body platform that replaced the famous G-body frame everyone associates with the Cutlass, Regal GNX, Monte Carlo etc.

My coupes getting an engine swap to a supercharged 3800 and is painted the nice aqua metallic General Madness put on several early 90s vehicles. My convertible is white and has the rare all american 3.4 DOHC V6 only found in W-bodies. I just finished putting on a custom rear subframe and replacing all the rubber bushings with Energy suspension ones, it handles like its on rails.

Good luck with your build, dealing with rust isnt fun but its what y`all up North get to do.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mcsjr454

I am a Mountaineer... a gearhead as well. I live in Idaho now... know anywhere I can get a supercharger for a 2010 Impala? (3.9 liter V6)

join