It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington orders RT America to register as foreign agent by Monday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

BBC America isn't funded by a foreign government.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Not sure I understand what the problem is.

Russia Today is a Russian-state run propaganda tool, and you can see that from the reporting of things like the MH17 tragedy. All registration makes RT do is disclose what programming is financed and influenced by the Russian government. Therefore imposing transparency by forcing the disclosure of content designed to be propaganda.

Interesting the OP is RT.com trying to find the words without sounding like they are a propaganda arm of Russia. Poor things.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

MH17 is a very interesting example. It is the only major global incident that I have ever experienced from the very beginning - when it went from being a suspected Ukrainian military transport jet to it becoming known that it was a passenger jet. Both the UK news channels were gently probing the incident without laying the blame on any party and just reporting the "facts" as they were known at the time, but not RT. RT was in full assault mode; the wreckage was still burning and the bodies still warm as they were spewing venom toward the Ukrainian government and Europe in general. Their paper thin mask slipped away like a banana skin on an ice rink.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Does this mean we'll have to register NPR over there?
LOL!

All news outlets have a bias that's not exactly shocking. I don't watch RT America or other countries versions but they have some amazing video's of the Siberian peoples we would NEVER see otherwise. If what I watched was propaganda then Russia is doing it wrong.

Guessing their news stuff is as bad a CNN tho.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

I find it crazy how Fox News, Breitbart, the Blaze, etc. are never a part of these "fake news" or "propaganda" outlet lists when they are just as much propaganda as the ones you mentioned only aimed at a different audience.
edit on 11/11/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Now the EU can say good bye to their Radio Free Europe. They will keep it only in Poland and Hungary to foment migrant hysteria and chaos. Congrats to Poland and Hungary.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join