It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The placenta is not suitable as a 'superfood'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Another reason not to like liver..I'll add it to my list

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Om Nom Nom Nom

Placenta Helper is processed food engineered in a mad science lab and produced in an industrial chemical factory.

I prefer my placenta raw, fresh, just give me a wooden cutting board to eat it off of, a cocktail shrimp fork and a pizza cutter. Oh, and Parmesan cheese and Louisiana hot sauce.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Soak it in milk first... it cooks up like liver.

Sautee the onions and garlic first. Add the placenta when the onions just start to caramelize. Deglaze the pan with a dry red, like a Merlot or Cabernet.

With Fava beans?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's people, you're eating people

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Okay, lol, in all seriousness, my first impression opening the thread was they're after the stem cells.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

And critters eating them after kitten birth makes sense as a mother critter tired and expecting rough weeks to come they shouldnt be letting all that energy go to waste. Some critters even eat the babies if they pass, if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Soak it in milk first... it cooks up like liver.

Sautee the onions and garlic first. Add the placenta when the onions just start to caramelize. Deglaze the pan with a dry red, like a Merlot or Cabernet.

With Fava beans?

Mashed potatoes and gravy. Only a serial killer would serve fava beans with placenta.... duh.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

And diet coke?

Indeed, equally as ridiculous

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I do in fact live in the winter wonderland ..I have seen a bear open a van door with the handle and get in..ate someones lunch

Good thing it wasn't a stick shift then.

Nothing worse than a bear stealing your car to go 4x4ing bouncing around through the rough terrain for 4 hours, and then puking in it because they ate all your lunch before taking it for their joy ride.

You can never get that damn puke stink out no matter how much Pine-Sol you use.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Stem cells? Not enough protein.
Let"s be real! Could you imagine the number of stem cell it would take to equal the nutritional value of just one placenta?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Terrible drivers too, they always drive slow in the fast lane.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I know several women who've done this, either cooked and eaten it, or dried it out and made capsules out of the ground up thing. They claim it helped depression or alleviated anemia, but funny thing was, they never offered up proof of better iron levels, or no head meds being prescribed. Opposites on both accounts there. Now, you'd think people would wise up and think "Hey, was I bamboozled into eating a temporary organ or what here!" Nope, they still pitched it over the years as something marvelous

In hindsight, they ain't wrapped too tight to begin with to have eaten their own organs, temporary or otherwise.

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Nature has a reason for everything, everything serves a purpose.

There has to be a reason why animals eat the placenta, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Animals don't do things 'just because'.

My guess is a very simple reason -- to mitigate some of that fresh new, easy kill smell permeating the habitat to predators' noses. Wouldn't shock me if it was a survival measure for the newborn animal on BEHALF of the mother, and not some nutritional aspect FOR the mother.
edit on 11/9/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I mean the stem cells in the placenta.

Of course eating it will ruin that ambition, but after seeing it on South Park 15 years ago, well if its on TV it has to be real.

But hey, look at all the stuff the Chinese eat.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

My guess is a very simple reason -- to mitigate some of that fresh new, easy kill smell permeating the habitat to predators' noses. Wouldn't shock me if it was a survival measure for the newborn animal on BEHALF of the mother, and not some nutritional aspect FOR the mother.

I think that's very plausible.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So basically, according to "science". . . the placenta is the "booger" of the uterus.

And women eat it.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
There could also be a subconscious paraphelia involved in the mental mix for some of these folks. People 'consuming' their own bodily fluids isnt exactly an extremely rare occurrence.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

So basically, according to "science". . . the placenta is the "booger" of the uterus.

And women eat it.

No, that's the mucus plug. A huge (or chunky) blob of crotch snot.

I'm sure someone's eaten it, too. Plenty of lunatic ladies out there.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I'm not eating...ever again

And DB..just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you have to take us all down with you

edit on 9-11-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

And women eat it.

I'm thinking... in a hoagie with saurkraut and dijon mustard... it could be OK...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That's a very real and logical explanation. It would also tie into why the mother licks and cleans off all of the blood on the newborn too... to get rid of any fresh blood smells.

But science isn't really sure and have a number of different theories.

Personally, I'm not an organ eater of any kind. The thought of eating any animal organ grosses me right out (organs filter out garbage *barf*).

And thanks to the lovely pics posted in this thread, I won't be eating meat of any kind for a while now.

At least not until it's time for my late night snack anyways.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

And women eat it.

I'm thinking... in a hoagie with saurkraut and dijon mustard... it could be OK...

Could work if the whole thing comes out at once kind of like a small, gelatinous sausage. If it's more on the runny, chunky side, or just in chunks, maybe a breakfast scramble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join